hats

iloveboxcars

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
M&N logos are HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i hate them because of that

and really, your jump from grandpa hat/swamp loggers to a sports team is gonna be funny

The jump to sports team hat has been funny. It is interesting to observe the different sort of reaction you get from people depending on what hat you are wearing. These new era hats have a lot more structure than I am used to, I tried to pull the brim over my eyes to take a nap today and the whole hat was sort of stiff compared to what I am used to.

I been rocking snap back hats since the early nineties so I am fairly certain I am not riding a trend on that one.

edit= that rusto hat looks shitty and almost unauthentic like it is some sort of Chinese knock off or something.

Remember the Krylon beanies? lol

• 2 weeks later...

So I got that new era fitted and to tell the truth I really am not liking the way it fits. The hat has too much vertical structure, it is like I either have a second story riding around on top of my dome or bring the hat down and push my ears out sideways like a fucking goofball.

And people treat me like a scumbag when I wear it, it is a trip. I rolled to the courthouse the other day to take care of some business. Going through security I forgot that I had my cell in the tool pocket of my pants. Normally in a situation like that the guards would have been cool, this time they got all nervous and loud on me. I honestly think it was the hat that put them dudes on guard.

Wear a suit and it is all "excuse me sir would you please put your phone in a tray so that we can run it through the metal detector?"

Wear work jeans tee shirt and a black and white Detroit Red Wings hat and it is a whole other ball of wax. Fucker told me I need to learn to read and shit.

yea, you have to break new eras in... they usually shrink up after you sweat in em a little. I generally cut right to the chase though, soak them in warm water until they are fully saturated then throw them in the dryer for thirty seconds and they should fit much more contoured to the head (pause). i personally use one of those plastic hat washer things to help keep the bill from getting all warped. i think they are like 15 bucks or so. dont have it in for any longer than 30 seconds the heat can cause the wool to pile (learned that one the hard way).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...