mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

nigga, are you new?

fabricate.

tear off that front bullshit and weld up a clamp with ears for the headlight.

or a mount that attaches to the trees.

rear, cut off that brace then reweld a straight bar in its place. have a seat made, either a banana seat, or cut down the stock into a solo, unbolt that chrome fender, wire some tiny sport bike signals into the mounting holes, bolt a sparto or something to the little bit of fender and call it good.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Im just saying this bike's worth something stock. If it was a piece of shit tearing into it wouldnt bother me. It's in pretty good shape, so when I do tear into it, i want everything planned out and every stock piece spared.

Also need to find an 18" wheel for the rear.

Had the dumbest thing happen to me tonight. Blew a fuse so I go to throw a spare fuse in. The PO bought the wrong amperage and threw some 20 amp fuses in the 15 amp spares. If it was the colored fuses I would've known better, but these are all glass cyllinders so... whoops. Started looking at the wiring diagram and think next month I'll rewire the whole bike, move around the fuse box, ignition, battery, rectifyer, etc.

i will reiterate my point about not wanting spokes/innertubes

wkrzh2.jpg

281wrra.jpg

yes imad

i had to sit on the side of the road for like an hour waiting for my dad and his friend to show up with a truck so we could get the bike home. if it would have been mag wheels i would have just plugged it and had someone bring an air pump or air compressor and been back on the road in as little as 5-10 minutes. luckily my homie and fellow oontz member lives down the street so he brought me a bottle of water(104* yesterday) & even a beer and chilled with me till my pops got there

time to start hitting up the swap meets, how much am i looking to spend on a set of stock sportster mag wheels?

Dude, talking to you made me realize I want mags.

Now I just gotta find a nice decently priced set for my dyna.

I know for cars there are tons of lesser quality companies that make rims.... Shit where you can get a basic set for like $400. They have similar companies for bike wheels, or is shit all luchini?

How were those venoms before the flat btw? I've seen a few sportys with em, which far as I can tell is the closest thing to my bike.

Also stared at my bike long enough to figure out what I'm doing with the front and rear sections. Now I need to think of a way to hide the electricals. It's all been done before, I just gotta figure out where people put fuses, regulator/rectifiers, all the crap that inhabits the rear triangle. Anyone have links for homdas or otherwise?

Lots of really fun stuff on there. Makes me want an old oven to powdercoat things and a cnc machine... but i havent found what im primarily looking for. Cafe racers throw the battery under the cowl and bolt the rest of the bits to a seat pan, then put a false seat pan under em... or stuff everything where the center stand used to be between the swingarms... im trying to see what people did before i rip apart the wiring and try stuffing the fuses and charging system into different nooks....

Heres the sohc im ripping off completely. Its been done 3 times in three different colors so im sure its coo. Just trying to assemble a parts list.

http://www.crdmotorcycles.com/motos/motos-en-venta/honda-cb-750-crd-3-military-gold

another one with the same headlight/controls.

http://sharemely.com/2011/04/30/custom-motorcycles-crd-triumph-bonneville/

Dude, talking to you made me realize I want mags.

Now I just gotta find a nice decently priced set for my dyna.

I know for cars there are tons of lesser quality companies that make rims.... Shit where you can get a basic set for like $400. They have similar companies for bike wheels, or is shit all luchini?

i am dead set on getting mags, on my next days off i will be taking the wheels off the bike and the tires off the rims and posting a sell/trade thread on CL
How were those venoms before the flat btw? I've seen a few sportys with em, which far as I can tell is the closest thing to my bike.
compared to the HD dunlops that were on them, they are fucking awesome. most harleys come with the dunlops with HD written on the side of them and they suck ass

i have some sportbike buddies and apparently for sportbikes they are not that good but for cruisers i have heard nothing but good things about em. i dont see myself getting a different type of tire when these wear out

Thanks dig and grove.

Yeah i really like that style. Cafe racer dreams does that with all Their bikes. That's a 1981 cb750 supersport with the charging system bolted to the seat pan. You'd be surprised how much room is in a seat like that. The tanks on those things are fucking hideous, which is why there's a black stripe on the bottom.

Charlie at Charlie's place talked me into keeping it stock because to the right old guy it's worth 3000+. I just gotta polish a few things, make sure the money I've spent on insurance is transferrable and Ill buy something cheap where customization would be lucrative.

Endurocross is by far the coolest thing i have ever seen. Maybe because it reminds me of cyclocross.

Theres a bunch of videos about this series called the Romaniacs. You have to see em.... oh and subscribe to Redbull on youtube.

• 2 weeks later...

ha, i just thought you had a couple shitty tattoos.

everything else we've been cool on. :)

glad you're back on your feet after your accident. i assume i know what you're talking about here, but you know what they say about assumptions. either way, if you're stoked I'm stoked for you. how's the new bike treating you?