<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
well I am not sure about changing file associations on a mac... I haven't used a mac in a while now... not since before osx really.... but so you are saving the files as jpgs but want them to be able to open with a program other then photoimpression? sorry confused about what exactly the problem is I will help you the best I can if you explain it again for me..

edit: this is the 9,666th post in this thread... bump...

yea i just want the pictures to be able to just open as pictures like on my desktop without. i was trying to host it in imageshack but it said they didnt accept that type of file. i dunno man dont worry about it...........

are u just a computer wiz or what? u seem pretty knowlagable.

One for the Star Wars Geeks Out There

This is six shades of awesome: Star Wars characters imagined in a steampunk universe. I'd post a picture here, but I don't want to spoil the steam-punky, Star Wars-y goodness for you, so I'll leave it to you to follow the link. I will quote from the description of Darth Vader, however:

Twisted and broken in body and mind, Vader is driven with sadistic passion. He is a master with the traditional weapon of Force champions, the Phlogisticated Aether Torch, more commonly referred to as the phlogisabre.

so i used poweriso to open and copy all the files onto my hd. but now the setup just wont run, it is listed in my task manager as active but uses 0 cpu and dosent show at all... this is the 3rd time basically the same thing has happened all from DIFFERENT torrents, which makes me think that it is something with my hd not the program, any ideas???

"Joanna Rutkowska's latest bit of rootkit-related research shatters the myth that hardware-based (PCI cards or FireWire bus) RAM acquisition is the most reliable and secure way to do forensics. At this year's Black Hat Federal conference, she demonstrated three different attacks against AMD64 based systems, showing how the image of volatile memory (RAM) can be made different from the real contents of the physical memory as seen by the CPU. The overall problem, Rutkowska explained, is the design of the system that makes it impossible to reliably read memory from computers. "Maybe we should rethink the design of our computer systems so they they are somehow verifiable," she said."

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=109

Download And Burn Movies Available Soon

According to an article from PC World, a source close to the CSS Managed Recording forum said that technology which allows movies to be downloaded and burned to blank DVDs, using the same content-protection system as commercial discs, received official approval on Thursday. 'The technology will require discs that are slightly different from the conventional DVD-Rs found in shops today. The burned discs will be compatible with the vast majority of consumer DVD players ... Despite Thursday's approval, services that allow consumers to legally download and burn movies in their own homes are unlikely to appear quickly. The DVD CCA said it will be initially restricted to professional uses. These might include kiosks in retail stores where consumers can purchase and burn discs in a controlled environment.'"