<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i get it a few times a week... my os is in pretty good shape to... as is everything else on my system... I also notice a huge lag time on tab switching sometimes, which pisses me off to no avail... I have had to go smoke a cig come back in and then wait another 5 minutes for a tab to switch at points in time..

how long have you had firefox installed? have you ever uninstalled and then reinstalled when doing version updates?

mine was dragging ass back around thanksgiving, and I uninstalled, deleted all the profile data (in %appdata%\Mozilla\), deleted all the program files, cleaned the registry of mozilla entries, then reinstalled. it was like night and day. no problems with crashes, freezes, or anything like that since.

how long have you had firefox installed? have you ever uninstalled and then reinstalled when doing version updates?

mine was dragging ass back around thanksgiving, and I uninstalled, deleted all the profile data (in %appdata%\Mozilla\), deleted all the program files, cleaned the registry of mozilla entries, then reinstalled. it was like night and day. no problems with crashes, freezes, or anything like that since.

ok thanks for the tips with firefox... I will try that... Now back to my ram problem...

So I tried each chip separately.. it read one chip as a 96mb chip... the other chip as a 512mb chip.. but when both are installed it reads it as 698mbs of ram.. so I know for a fact that unless my computer is doing some fuzzy mathematical equations somewhere 96 + 512 does not equal 698mbs of ram... Mow there is some slim chance that somehow my motherboard might have had some trickster slip 90mbs of ram on it.. but I doubt that is what happened.. And yes I am completely sure that this is a 512mb chip... it says so clearly on the chip.. while there is a chance someone may have switched stickers or something like that... that still doesn't account for the extra 90mbs of ram... and yes I am sure that it says 698 not 608... I looked a few times... Now I really don't know what to do.. I think I might just toss the chip in a box of random parts I have and be done with it unless someone can come up with some suggestions of what the problem might be... I am also going to try sticking one of my 156mb chips in there to see what happens and if it might be my motherboard maxing out for some reason...

ok ok.. so I just want to know how 512 + 256 = 544 ? oh and my system just crashed hard... so like I was saying before the second crash and the pulling of that 256mb chip how the fuck does 512 + 256 = 544.. oh and it did it with both 256mb chips that I have... now onto a new question how does 512 + 128 = 608? now I am getting all kinds of fuzzy numbers which leads me to believe its some kind of problem with my motherboard... some kind of serious problem with my mother board... since the math just isn't adding up... I think I might go back to the 2 512 chips and just pretend like everything is normal unless someone has some suggestions... anyone suggestions please... I checked all the settings in setup and everything is working completely normal.. ok thanks...

Oh and dirty habit try airsniff.. thats what I used to use...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/airsnort

ok ok.. so I just want to know how 512 + 256 = 544 ? oh and my system just crashed hard... so like I was saying before the second crash and the pulling of that 256mb chip how the fuck does 512 + 256 = 544.. oh and it did it with both 256mb chips that I have... now onto a new question how does 512 + 128 = 608? now I am getting all kinds of fuzzy numbers which leads me to believe its some kind of problem with my motherboard... some kind of serious problem with my mother board... since the math just isn't adding up... I think I might go back to the 2 512 chips and just pretend like everything is normal unless someone has some suggestions... anyone suggestions please... I checked all the settings in setup and everything is working completely normal.. ok thanks...

Oh and dirty habit try airsniff.. thats what I used to use...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/airsnort

feel like reinstalling?

ok.. so I am back to 512 + 512 somehow equaling 698... I figure thats the safest thing I can do... but yeah I am leaning towards it being my motherboard after doing all of that... I know both 256 chips word... since they are in another computer I have... and they popped out of this computer when I installed the 2 512's... now as to why I keep getting really fuzzy math on the ram, I am fucking lost...

I actually don't have a floppy anywhere in my house somehow... and I can't seem to find a blank cd... so no i can't run memtest.. its sitting on my desktop waiting to get put on something so I can run it...

:lol: because it's the year 2007.

yeah something like that... actually I think I gave them all to someone thinking I would never need one again... fuck do they even sell floppies at stores anymore?

can anyone suggest a simple way to get .AVI and .RM video files onto an IPOD....im flyin in a couple days and il be damned of i miss grays anatomy!!

-also, is there any way to saev videos to ones HD from Youtube??

you savy?

holler back.....

can anyone suggest a simple way to get .AVI and .RM video files onto an IPOD....im flyin in a couple days and il be damned of i miss grays anatomy!!

-also, is there any way to saev videos to ones HD from Youtube??

you savy?

holler back.....

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/free_ipod_video_converter.cfm

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2390/

holy shit I just spent the last hour and a half organizing all the emails in one of my gmail accounts... man all that extra storage makes me lazy about deleting shit...

does peerguardian actually work? i've seen some posts somewhere of people saying how they have that thing running and they still got emails from hbo or their ISP saying to quit bootlegging. i tried it but it slows down my interwebbing speed by a lot, anyone else had that problem?

Yeah, I have the same problem, so I only use it when I am not browsing anything.

I have no idea why this happens.

no peer guardian does not work the way you think it does ( the only thing it protects you from is IP addresses that are already known by others that are from the RIAA and other federal crap) if they still want to catch you all they do is get a new IP address that is not on the list that peer guardian or any other p2p firewall has

its best to have peer guardian so that it blocks them IP addresses that already have been caught as the FEDS so they dont come after you also