Do I shave?

T.T Boy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

That sucks, last month I called into the bosses office because of my attempt at growing a beard. They said chop it off and iron your shirt.

Fucking jobs. We have employess that wear ball caps and jeans to work and they're worried about some hair on my chinny chin chin?

How long has it been since you had a smooth face?

minor addition to the equation:

B=boobs(which job has more/better on a scale 1-10)

x = measure of happiness your beard gives you (1-10 scale)

y = pay rate of job (1-10 scale i.e. min wage=1, hella bank=10)

2x - 3y = R<B

if R is positive shave it, if it is negative, fuck the job.

but if if B is greater than R than shave it.

Guest Sparoism

I just shaved mine off last week, but it was time.

Plus, my new ID has me in full lumberjack effect..I wonder how I'm gonna buy up now.

Oh, wait...I'm 32. It doesn't matter anymore. Although without the beard I look 25 or so.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I hadn't seen this thread before, so when I looked at the title I thought "Hahahaha, that's a funny thread title edit, I wonder what it was changed from".

Then I came in and realized that no, the title wasn't changed. This is actually about T.T Boy shaving.

Originally posted by Future Droid@Feb 15 2006, 07:25 AM

just measure the cost to benefit ratio, here i devised this equaltion for you:

x = measure of happiness your beard gives you (1-10 scale)

y = pay rate of job (1-10 scale i.e. min wage=1, hella bank=10)

2x - 3y = R

if R is positive shave it, if it is negative, fuck the job

good luck g

Sorry, but your equation is wrong. It should be "If it is negative, shave it." Look at this for example.

Your beard gives you happiness equal to (1) or very little. The job pays you "hella bank" or 10. 2(1)-3(10) = 2-30 = -28. Also, assume he loves the beard like a fat kid loves chili dogs (10) and he is getting paid minimum wage (1). Then R = 2(10)-3(1) = 20-3 = 17. He should shave. So if he doesn't like the beard much but gets paid a lot, he shouldn't shave, but if he does like the beard a lot but won't get paid much he should? that doesn't make much sense.

Also, the value of a nice beard and a pay increase are incommensurable. That means there is no way to create an equation to accurately account for them. In other words, you're on your own big guy....

My other job i had to shave. I could rock nothing more than a mustache. And even then we couldn't cheat. It had to end at the lip crease and couldn't go over the lips.

My new job lets me rock whatever I want, beard, soulpatch, tumor whatever. Feels good.

But at the same time i'm glad I did it. Because this job seems so much cooler after that experience.

Originally posted by T.T Boy@Feb 14 2006, 08:06 PM

i got offered 2 jobs, one i have to shave and take out my "extreme" piercing, the other might suck, well, it will be horrible but i get to keep the beard.

everyone who knows me, knows my beard is me. dunno if i can part with it.

this is tough.

don't fucking shave man don't take your piercing out either just start a prostution ring made up of 12yr olds and destitute nuns then you will never have to work again shit i will even give you a few nuns from mine to get you on your feet.

um.. if u have to shave.. shave at first.. once you have established yourself at the job.. fuck it, let it grow..

shaving sucks.. why do it? why make some1 shave? society is fucked up on many different levels.

i havent shaved since around new years.. and i dont see it happening anytime soon.