Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MR BOJANGLES

Chronicles of Narnia

Guest MR BOJANGLES

Saw it tonight. I never read the book, but I dug it for the most part. There's a character or two in the movie I did not expect to see either. Overall I give it a 7. Anybody else see it yet?

For being a PG movie aimed at little kids it was pretty good. I kinda went into it expecting LoTR after reading the reviews and was dissapointed, but overall a worthwhile flick. I think I still like the old one better, but I haven't seen it since I was like 5.

I really want to see this tonight, I don't think anyone is going to go with me though.I'm a sucker for fantasy movies.

Guest MR BOJANGLES

My only complaint was that it's 2 hrs and 10 mins, and theres about 15 mins. worth of dragging scenes they could've cut.

Guest MR BOJANGLES
Originally posted by harvey wallbanger@Dec 12 2005, 12:00 AM

Disappointing as fuck, in my humble opinion.

Yeah I kinda thought that as I watched it, but then it kinda grew on me. It's definetly more lighthearted than most fantasy movies.

i went to see it with a ton of people, most of which had read the book. i came out laughing at the movie and they seemed to like it. so yeah, it's offical.

I do not know shit. Never have, Never will.

Originally posted by John Birch@Dec 12 2005, 02:07 AM

christ loving nazi propaganda crap... CS Lewis was fucking scumbag. Its Christian morality shit which I boycott...

anyone can see that it's allegorical, but it isn't "propaganda."

Guest KephaOneLove

havent you ever seen the old series on pbs? it pretty much follows it to a t...

i thought it was straight..

Originally posted by Mr. ABC@Dec 11 2005, 10:48 PM

watched the tv series

the tv series was quality. didnt see the movie yet.

^^^ exactly

btw I might go see on it xmas actually, but in prep for that I read up on CS Lewis and reading all this stuff about how he was an atheist and became a catholic etc etc... Kinda like a fag going straight eh? Thats my gripe...

Well I have some expections of this. I going to go see it, when all the hype calms down at the theater...

I bet going to be> off-the-wonk-saggin-hook :king:

Originally posted by SoZe42@Dec 12 2005, 08:56 PM

off-the-wonk-saggin-hook :king:

Non-interchangeable slang, herman.

Saw the PBS series, it was the shit. I don't really remember too much from the books, read them when I was really fucking young. All I really came away with was wondering what the hell kind of little crack rock Turkish Delight was.

I saw the PBS series also a long time ago also....i htought it was well done..stuck pretty close to the book and i thought the digital shit was very well done... thought when the two chicks are riding aslan it lookskinda like the scen from harold and kumar where they are riding the cheeta yet not sio cheesey if that makes any since... but i have read the entire chronicles a few times acutally... are they coming out with a movie for each book or was it just this one??

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this