Movie Recommendation Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
MPW-27888

The Deer Hunter is a 1978 American war drama film co-written and directed by Michael Cimino about a trio of Russian American steelworkers and their service in the Vietnam War. The film stars Robert De Niro, Christopher Walken, John Savage, John Cazale, Meryl Streep, and George Dzundza. The story takes place in Clairton, a small working class town on the Monongahela River south of Pittsburgh and then in the jungle of Vietnam, and in Saigon, during the Vietnam War.

The film was based in part on an unproduced screenplay called The Man Who Came to Play by Louis Garfinkle and Quinn K. Redeker about Las Vegas and Russian Roulette. Producer Michael Deeley, who bought the script, hired writer/director Michael Cimino who, with Deric Washburn, rewrote the script, taking the Russian Roulette element and placing it in the Vietnam War. The film went over-budget and over-schedule and ended up costing $15 million. The scenes of Russian roulette were highly controversial on release.

The film won five Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Supporting Actor for Christopher Walken, and was named by the American Film Institute as the 53rd Greatest Movie of All Time on the 10th Anniversary Edition of the AFI's 100 Years...100 Movies list.

I always thought deer hunter was over rated.

• 2 weeks later...

if you liked district 9, i highly recommend this..

elysium-movie-poster-539x800.jpg

In the year 2154, the very wealthy live on a luxurious space habitat called Elysium while the rest of the population resides on a ravaged Earth. A man takes on a mission that could bring equality to the polarized worlds. It explores political and sociological themes such as immigration, health care, exploitation, and class issues

600full-the-town-poster.jpg

The Town is a 2010 American crime drama film starring, co-written, and directed by Ben Affleck adapted from Chuck Hogan's novel Prince of Thieves. The Charlestown neighborhood of Boston is renowned for churning out a high number of armed robbers, generation after generation. These robbers never leave their Charlestown life on their own volition, the neighborhood where there is an unwritten code to protect that lifestyle.

the_island_poster.jpg

Lincoln Six-Echo is a resident of a seemingly Utopian but contained facility in the year 2019. Like all of the inhabitants of this carefully controlled environment, Lincoln hopes to be chosen to go to the "The Island" - reportedly the last uncontaminated spot on the planet. But Lincoln soon discovers that everything about his existence is a lie.

youre FUCKINUP. binge watch that shit now and be ready for this season finale

comin up either this sunday, or next sunday, i dunno, this season hasnt been long

enough to do that shit, 7 episodes, 2 a night between now and then, and youve

timed it perfectly.. wait another night and you'll miss out.

I am not sure I will even have time to do it in the next two weeks.

A lot of projects going on.

TV is a very small part of my life, so I usually only sit down once or twice a month and watch a few hours at a time.

For example, my tv has not been turned on for a few days now. I watched a bootleg of the new Thor with my kids, but that was it for a while.

^

Have Nebraska cued also. Seen heaps of ads about TD but something puts me off watching.

Would rather just wait for the new season of Boardwalk. Not really into TV. I like films,

the tv hbo puts out is better than most films, IMO.

true detective is right up there, you wont be disappointed