Movie Recommendation Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

both of ipod90's posts are great films, definitely back that up. i said it on this thread before,

man who wasnt there is one of the cohen brothers most slept on. realyl great performances

from thornton, gandolfini, macdormand and shaulob (sp?). dont sleep on TD, fuckin up, niggas lyin..

that nekst joint was on point tho. i wonder if the director actually knows

• 2 weeks later...

longass movie, but highly recommended

there-will-be-blood-movie-poster-1020406757.jpg

There Will Be Blood is a 2007 American epic drama film written, co-produced, and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson. The film is loosely based on Upton Sinclair's 1927 novel Oil!. It tells the story of a silver miner-turned-oilman on a ruthless quest for wealth during Southern California's oil boom of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It stars Daniel Day-Lewis and Paul Dano. A story of family, religion, hatred, oil and madness.

The film received significant critical praise and numerous award nominations and victories. It premiered at the Berlin International Film Festival where it won the Silver Bear Award for Best Director and a Special Artistic Contribution Award to Jonny Greenwood's score. It appeared on many critics' "top ten" lists for the year, notably the American Film Institute, the National Society of Film Critics, the National Board of Review, and the Los Angeles Film Critics Association. Day-Lewis won Oscar, BAFTA, Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild, NYFCC and IFTA Best Actor awards for his performance. The film was nominated for eight Academy Awards including Best Picture, winning Best Actor for Day-Lewis and Best Cinematography for Robert Elswit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the hobbit was just meh. i like all the lotr movies, though

the watchmen just went the fuck on & on. tried to hype itself up with a lot of sexy parts in between, but twas generally uninteresting

tron was just like whoo, zip, lights, then a disney action movie. nah

its not like i usually dont watch movies all the way through either. idk

@symbols

hell yeah!

i love after hours!...saw it for the first time when i was like 13 or 14...loved the cheech & chong cameo and I loved how (**SPOILER**) the movie ends where it starts.

I really like movies like this that take place over the course of a night after hours....like the warriors or adventures in babysitting..lol.