The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Did anyone happen to catch the mega ramp skating crap on the X-games this evening? I was popping back and forth on it.

Jake Brown took what was easily the gnarliest slam I'd ever, ever seen. Dude pulled a 720 over the big gap, and then got speed wobbles coming up the massive QP. Ditched his board, flew way out, and landed straight on the flat from like 40' up. I thought he was dead for sure. Dreadful shit. That's like falling off a 4 story building.

Holy fuck , gotta find it on youtube.com . :lol:

From the LA Times...

"Skateboarder Jake Brown, whose 45-foot free-fall Thursday night brought a hush to the crowd at Staples Center, remains hospitalized after suffering bruises of the liver and lung, stress fractures in his vertebrae and a small fracture on the top of one hand.

Brown, 32, who was injured during the big air competition on the mega-ramp during a silver medalist performance, is expected to be released from the hospital today or Sunday and make a full recovery.

"Doctors said there was no paralysis or anything like that," said Bryce Kanights, team manager for Adidas, which is among Brown's corporate sponsors.

Kanights was critical of X Games medical personnel for not immobilizing Brown immediately and placing him in a stretcher."

On a related note, I absolutely cannot stand FMX. The tricks are so gay.

Did anyone happen to catch the mega ramp skating crap on the X-games this evening? I was popping back and forth on it.

Jake Brown took what was easily the gnarliest slam I'd ever, ever seen. Dude pulled a 720 over the big gap, and then got speed wobbles coming up the massive QP. Ditched his board, flew way out, and landed straight on the flat from like 40' up. I thought he was dead for sure. Dreadful shit. That's like falling off a 4 story building.

I Caught that shit. was so fucking gnar. 4 stories is pretty literal after seeing that shit. the way his back arched after bouncing off the ground. damn shit makes me cringe

Dont buy ANTI Hero or REAL decks!!! I broke 3 of em in 3 days in a row.

They say their wood is all exotic and stong and shit.

made with Canadian Oak and all that. FUCK What you heard.

They snap like tooth picks.

Who's maken the best boards these days anyways ?