The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
well as far as "skateboarding" goes he was...

vinny ponte 1993 and its considered the first time it was done by anyone(including philly kids) who i have talked to...

I knew you were talking about Vinny Ponte at that contest in 93, but I seen a local cat ollie that shit in like 91. It just wasn't filmed or nothin.

Vinny Ponte was the first documented/filmed or whatever, but he wasn't the actual first.

I'm not trying to knock your boy or start an arguement, I'm just sayin.

yeah its like this kid I knew who claimed to paint this one commuter train, but "didnt have pics"

its not what you know its what you can prove..

Nobody has to prove shit. I was there and seen it, as were more than a handfull of other people.

People didn't call up filmers and wait till the cameras showed up to do shit back then, they just did the shit to do it.

today i found out 3 new things about myself.

i can bunny hop a bike atleast up a decent sized curb hahaha (ive never attempted a bunny hop in my life before i started trying this and now i have it down)

i can do quite a few push/claps easily.

you know where you do a push up and spring up clap, land and repeat.

and i can run, jump, grab my nose and tail then land in a hand stand and roll.

i havent perfected how to get out of it yet but ive got the whole thing up to that part down haha.

so far the techniques ive tried are:

while hand standing putting one foot down and finger flipping back onto the board.

i also tried pushing myself up from the handstand and tucking into a crouch position as if id just followed through on a large set of stairs :D

ok ok ok that is gonna sound retarded tomorrow but i guess maybe you get what i mean haha.

• Like 2