The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you guys are fucking haters.

i can thrash in a pair of slip ons.

yeah they dont last for shit, but i fucking get down in some slip ons.

same with vans authentics.

but currently im skating so Nike sweet classic leather's.

ive been shredding hard with these for about two months and the leather hasnt torn once.

best skate shoes ive ever had for longevity, hands down.

but i LOVED the Rowley XLT's.

and the es koston-1's

i bought a truckload of these for you in every colour combo possible

theyre on their way :)

osirisd301gryyell1l.jpg

osirisd3red1.jpg

osirisd311.jpg

osirisd301gryroy1.jpg

i can easily see why you would hate these

theyre still not nearly as impractical as these though

mvansclassicsliponblack.jpg

the paper-thin fabric also works as gauze for when your toenails fall right off

Real talk though... If I had to choose I'd pick the paper-thin Vans over that bullshit at the top of your post anyday.

The fuck is the point of padding if it's going to hinder your ability to even do the tricks in the first place?

If you're scared of hurting your feet when you bail on some steps, then don't fucking bail.

Be a man and take your slam. At least you'd be bailing alot less wearing kicks that you can actually feal your board with.

Fuck outahere with that moon-boot bullshit. Might as well skate in fucking combat boots. :dunce:

^^that's cause slip ons are ideal for bowls and any type of transition for that matter.

i wouldn't have it any other way.

You could skate a bowl with fucking Eskimo boots on.

You could even skate a bowl with those retarded ass moonboots that Medicine Cabinet posted.

It's in the streets that shoes and setups make the most difference.

Take it to the streetz!

I have a pair of nice leather Vans ERAs that I've been considering skating in. I wore them to my wedding, so maybe I'll just keep them intact. My Eccels are still in good shape.

I also own three pairs of Vans slip-ons for hanging out and non skate occasions. Most breathable shoes ever for painting on those hot summer days.

Real talk though... If I had to choose I'd pick the paper-thin Vans over that bullshit at the top of your post anyday.

The fuck is the point of padding if it's going to hinder your ability to even do the tricks in the first place?

If you're scared of hurting your feet when you bail on some steps, then don't fucking bail.

Be a man and take your slam. At least you'd be bailing alot less wearing kicks that you can actually feal your board with.

Fuck outahere with that moon-boot bullshit. Might as well skate in fucking combat boots. :dunce:

ive never owned a pair/claimed to have. ever. they resemble pairs of giant gay slugs, which is why i said i can easily see why you wouldnt like them

i hear ya on the overzealous padding/being a man & taking slams, but i cant afford new shoes as often as the slip-ons would become a pair of soles following one session. if i was flowed by both companies in an alternate universe, where only these skateshoes existed, sure id try the slip-ons at least once

since im stuck in this one, and have rocked 'es for a while, this is going nowhere

these are the other skate shoes i own.

just picked up these lakais on saturday. havent had a chance to skate in em, and dont know if i will. i have a tendancy to destroy shoes skating once i buy a new pair. it wasnt the case with the vans, but normally a shoe becomes my skate shoe when its been replaced as an everyday shoe.

21jspwi.jpg

got these nikes around xmas, but they hurt my feet to skate in, so again they are an occasional every day shoe, that has been skated in.

2ivk13t.jpg

LOL...my shoes I skate in . I rotate em' around , depending on what and where I'm skating .

Hosoi Old School's...wearing them now

100_0370.jpg

Duane Peters " Monster "

draven_dp_canvas_hi_top_grny_p.jpg

Vox " Vamp "

44870_lg.jpg

Vans TnT 2 Mids

vans-tnt-2-mid-red-1.jpg

Vans Old School Low

vans-old-school-blk.jpg

Yes they are , but the first Rowley's made were even better . I even like the Yellow or Green Anti Hero TNT's . The padding around the ankle and sides of your foot are incredible , without being obnoxious .

The DP's & Old School lows aren't the best in terms of long hours of skating . Supprisingly Vox are okay . I bought them because of the Creature design & color...:lol:

Oh yeah speaking of Van's....check your local shops . Van's Shoes are touring local skates hops that sell their shoes via big-ass tour bus . Steve Van Doren & some pros are on the bus . I know the Van's bus is hitting up West Side Skates here , sometime next month . I'm going to be pissed if I'm working and miss it .

No way, he definitely tried that for like three hours, and would take another three to land again. As far as bouncing off the ground, you kinda have to give him a pass on that one. He's kicking the board into the ground. Never seen that trick before, so I have to give it a thumbs up.

some slo-mo tricks filmed and executed well by non-pros.

This one I really like.