The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Earmuff's not 15.

Ah ha ha ha dont you watch cribs and shit.

Its "in vogue" now-a-days.

But whatever if your gonna clown on me for being born in the 90's thats fine. I always pictured you as being that guy who sort of stands there for 20 minuetes. then tells everyone to move and does a nollie tre over the box. then mysteriously vanishes into thin air. if that makes any sense.

If you guys lived in boston id be down to play some skate.

fun fun fun!

hahah i know what you are talking about dude.

those older looking dudes in thier 30's just standing around smoking a cigarette. and then they tell everyone to watch out and shit.

next thing you know dude is doing and indy 360 transfer from one spine to the other.

then he skates to his car and bounces

hahahaha

those guys are the best though.

I cant beleive it.

Skatepark opens for the first time. Construction rolls away. And im the first one there, 100 kids show up out of know where. About an hour later some guy about 30 something sort of slowly walks up onto the half pipe (almost mini ramp). Mumbles critiques to the kids if they like it or not. Then just drops in in the weirdest way that ive ever seen. snaps into a blunt stall and kickflips out. just rolls off and does a switch disaster on the other side. back down and does a bigspin disaster. rolls up and goes back to his corner like nothing happened.

if i landed those tricks in a row id be like, at least a little psyched. (id probly be doing a safety dance)

i bought a pair of those and they were horrible.

king pin broke in the front truck and i couldnt get a piece of the kingpin out from the base plate so that truck is fucked. and they would get really loose even after i'd tighten them up to my liking AND i put some shorty's bushings on them.

maybe i just got a bad pair but they sucked for me and i made the decision to switch back to ventures

Sounds like you just have a beef with your trucks turning good.

I love how good these trucks turn. I ride my shit a little on the tight side and it's like the best of both worlds. Tight trucks but still able to turn and carve good like loose trucks.

Makes sense you'd go back to Venture though if you don't like your shit to turn good.

. I always pictured you as being that guy who sort of stands there for 20 minuetes. then tells everyone to move and does a nollie tre over the box. then mysteriously vanishes into thin air. if that makes any sense.

LOL! I guess that sounds about right.

I used to have nollie tre flips on lock too but that was about ten years ago.

I'll still bust a nice backside flip on the box though.

And some 15 year old kid will probably say something to his boy about it not counting cause I deck checked.

Sounds like you just have a beef with your trucks turning good.

I love how good these trucks turn. I ride my shit a little on the tight side and it's like the best of both worlds. Tight trucks but still able to turn and carve good like loose trucks.

Makes sense you'd go back to Venture though if you don't like your shit to turn good.

dont get me wrong, those trucks are probably really nice i just happened to get a shitty pair.

i also bought some rob dyrdek reflex bearings for like $5.00 brand new from my homey at this skate shop. all but like 4 of the bearings have bursted already.

i tend to keep my back truck really really tight because i cant skate loose trucks, and then i keep my front truck tight, but kinda loose so i can k grind with ease even if the ledge is chunky

i also bought some rob dyrdek reflex bearings for like $5.00 brand new from my homey at this skate shop. all but like 4 of the bearings have bursted already.

When will you kids ever learn that all these newer namebrand bearings are garbage?

Anything other than NMB, German, and Powell Swiss are garbage.

I remember like 10 or 12 years ago when all the Luckies and China Reds and all that other shit came out it was the same shit... they all broke within a week or two.

You stick with NMB or Germans and not only are you spending less money on the set, but they'll last you a couple years minimum. And that's skating every day.

Swiss costs more, but they last just as long if not longer than the Germans and NMBs plus they're faster than any other bearings, even the gimick bearings that break in a week.

I rock Swiss for the past 10 years or so and have only gone through maybe 2 or at most 3 sets in that time.

i buy new swiss bearings everytime i cop a new complete.

i hardly ever break my deck. and when its time for a new deck its time for new everything.

so i just get a deck, venture low . 53 mm ricta natruals and some swiss bearings

i ended up with krux on my my board right now cause hy friend gave the board to me

i buy new swiss bearings everytime i cop a new complete.

i hardly ever break my deck. and when its time for a new deck its time for new everything.

so i just get a deck, venture low . 53 mm ricta natruals and some swiss bearings

i ended up with krux on my my board right now cause hy friend gave the board to me

That's a waste of money.

Damn... you must be sitting on a STACK of perfectly good Swiss.

You should send Peyote a set. :biglaugh:

i only have the ones i got on me.

its a shame what i do to my old boards when i buy new ones.

especially the bearings.

we drain out the pool in my moms backyard and leave a 3 foot puddle on the bottom of it.

and just try some shit that we dont have the balls to do when its completley empty.

the boards get ruined. but im not thinkin at the time because i have new one.

i regret doing this. and ive done it to three boards already..

i lower my head in shame

Im not as "board savy" as most of you. My boards last me a long time (sortof)

I probably get a new deck every 2-4 months.

Anyways i got a new complete from my freinds on christmas.

I fucked up the wheels severely. But I dont really notice when im riding. Anyway my point was the bearings are slow. Should I take it apart and like clean up? I can tell theres dirt and stuff in there.

When will you kids ever learn that all these newer namebrand bearings are garbage?

Anything other than NMB, German, and Powell Swiss are garbage.

I remember like 10 or 12 years ago when all the Luckies and China Reds and all that other shit came out it was the same shit... they all broke within a week or two.

You stick with NMB or Germans and not only are you spending less money on the set, but they'll last you a couple years minimum. And that's skating every day.

Swiss costs more, but they last just as long if not longer than the Germans and NMBs plus they're faster than any other bearings, even the gimick bearings that break in a week.

I rock Swiss for the past 10 years or so and have only gone through maybe 2 or at most 3 sets in that time.

when Reflex first came out, they were actually really fucking good bearings.

Now, they suck. and besides, i got them for 5 dollars so of course i was gonna use them.

i bought some shorty's black and gold ceramics and they are really really smooth. i think they are the winners

I almost died Thursday night . I was the driver . Got hit by some dumb cunt driving a GMC Envoy , talking on her phone . The GF is messed up pretty bad . I actually cut myself out of the seatbelt with my EMS knife and crawled out of the vehicle . Thank God for Vicodin ! :lol:

100_0234.jpg

man my wife was driving home from work the other night and some fool crossed 3 lanes and cuts in front of her and she he hits him... He keeps going so she chases him honking her horn and flashing her lights he just goes to his apartment complex.. she has the plate number, calls the cops.. cops come and look at our car and goes well i dont see damage so Im not gonna bother looking for him.. WTF!! dood does a hit and run is most likely drunk and she knows his plate number and where he lives but you are not gonna go talk to him!!!!! Yet a day before you wanna give me a bullshit speeding ticket.. Ive never got a ticket in my life yet you cant issue me a warning!!!!!!!!!!

I wanna make a grind box at my place..

womphead is there any good ledge spots in arlington?