The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The first time I got back on my board after the sleazy winter weather, I was trying a really simple back heel, nothing dangerous, and somehow I landed wrong and tore the ligaments in my ankle. Fucking bummer. it's been two weeks now but my ankle isn't 100% yet so I gotta deal with rolling for now, did a couple of shove its and bigspins, not trying flips yet though just incase! I bought some pure white RBK DGKs from usa when I went over, not skated them yet, are they any good? They seem a bit chunky for me I dunno. Can't beat $30 though :D

my mom bought that vhs when i was just started skating.

i thought it was the wackest shit ever.

not cause of the dudes in it, but because it was shitty contest footy.

and what was with blenders little eggroll shit freestyle thing?

but i digged the tag, and then the non chalant front rock.

years later, i recorded 20shot sequence and new world order onto the street style and tempe vhs.

still got it today.

And Bill the " Nomad " Danforth is skurred of Cleveland skaters . :lol: He almost got his ass kicked more than a few times at Skatopia . He got outskated by a drunken Rob Elias ( local ) and threw a hissy fit 2 years ago at Skatopia . I want to see it bad .

for all my fellow older generation:

this is just proof that natas has always been a king of style. also, look at bill danforth rocking the mongo push. it's crazy to think i started skating 2 years before this was shot. now a days, young bucks would probably watch this shit and laugh.

Man, That Neil Blender run is so classic. Hosoi killed it too, and yeah, Natas fucking rips. Funny you posted that, i was looking for Blender footage today on youtube and just watched that.

I'm back at work , in pain . And guess what ? I'm finally sending the skate shit out , most likely Saturday . So expect it by Tues. or Wed . at the latest .

As far as me skating.....I want to , but right now I'm awaiting my settlement news through my lawyer . My ribs are pretty banged up still . I'll probably be skating in a month or so . I have a feeling the amount of $$$$ is going to be nice . This translates into plane tickets to various places to skate . I haven't been able to travel and skate for some time , not including Orlando this past October . I figure I'd most likely go to LA maybe try to run into some of the Black Label guys if I'm lucky , Phoenix & I want to skate the Brooklyn Banks not matter how shitty I look compared to the locals that haunt that spot .

fuck yes. theres so many awesome things about that

1)thats back when you could film a stellar part in like 1 or 2 days

2) look at all the tech shit hes doing that people are still doing to day. blunt to bs disaster? sick.blunt kickflip to fakie. classic.

what really cracks me up is that i was skating my first board around the time that was filmed, but i was living in the middle of nowhere with no connection to skating at large, i was doing circles as fast as i could in the basement trying to imagine how the ollie worked to no avail, and now 20 years later, im probably older that knox was in that clip and thats the way i skate now, little stalls and curb tricks and slappies with a dash of concrete tranny thrown in.

may the circle stay unbroken.

Has anyone ever hit their ribs on a ledge?

I just attempted to skate a 8 stair ledge which wasn't that high up and totally stuck the k-grind, but I guess its been awhile since anyone has skated that ledge because it stuck in place.

I think I either broke my ribs or at least bruised them. Another day of skating.