The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yes that is a setup form the days of old . Continental trucks , wow .

continental.jpg

That skateboard is most likely from 1978-1979 . It was made for the " Jaws " craze , as in the movie with huge shark...My guess is the person dumped the original trucks and put on Continental's as well as different wheels . I've seen a Battlestar Galactica setup for sale before going for $350 !

I just did a search on eBay and came up with this .

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-JAWS-SKATEBOARD-RED-Steven-Spielberg-shark_W0QQitemZ120192206948QQihZ002QQcategoryZ114248QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A lot of TV shows & Movies had promotional items such as skateboards made and sold to the public . You'll laugh but there's an actual Nash " Fall Guy " board that's sought after highly by collectors as they only sold 500 of them .

That's definitely a nice piece of history and should be kept . Good score . :cool:

banned? do so if youd like i mean obviously you were giving an opinion just as strong as mine. Whatevs though.

Guy mariano...is the best skateboarder to ever live. there was sooo much creative shit i have never even seen done on a skateboard. MJ had the longest part ever full 3 song section guy mariano had runner up with a 2 full song part. koston 3rd to last part 2 song section......man that video is fucked up.

Yes that is a setup form the days of old . Continental trucks , wow .

continental.jpg

That skateboard is most likely from 1978-1979 . It was made for the " Jaws " craze , as in the movie with huge shark...My guess is the person dumped the original trucks and put on Continental's as well as different wheels . I've seen a Battlestar Galactica setup for sale before going for $350 !

I just did a search on eBay and came up with this .

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-JAWS-SKATEBOARD-RED-Steven-Spielberg-shark_W0QQitemZ120192206948QQihZ002QQcategoryZ114248QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A lot of TV shows & Movies had promotional items such as skateboards made and sold to the public . You'll laugh but there's an actual Nash " Fall Guy " board that's sought after highly by collectors as they only sold 500 of them .

That's definitely a nice piece of history and should be kept . Good score . :cool:

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Definitely will keep.

well tell you what....if you do...you will not be mad that you did. i promise all the shit talking aside. this is seriously the most crazy video i have ever seen. im not trying to jock lakai like super bad as i am sounding. but gah damn. every part has shit i have never seen before.

I need to go get a copy of this before the weekend ... I cant wait for a hook up ... I am watching my boys copy in about 30 minutes.

Girl films usually set the standard for the next few years following each major release. I didnt expect anything less with this one .... I cant wait to see Guys part ... He was one of my major influences when I was 15 after Video Days, Then a few years down the line Mouse ...Shit made me want to quit cuz I could never be that good no matter how much work I put in. I'm expecting to feel that way again with this.

I need to go get a copy of this before the weekend ... I cant wait for a hook up ... I am watching my boys copy in about 30 minutes.

Girl films usually set the standard for the next few years following each major release. I didnt expect anything less with this one .... I cant wait to see Guys part ... He was one of my major influences when I was 15 after Video Days, Then a few years down the line Mouse ...Shit made me want to quit cuz I could never be that good no matter how much work I put in. I'm expecting to feel that way again with this.

man......thats EXACTLY how i feel like exactly. another good skate video wont be untill the next chocolate video hahahaha. they usually go for about a 4 year break before another dope one haha. dude you are seriously going to flip fuckn shit on guys OPENING trick. just be prepared to say "oh shit" and "what the fuck!!!" a whole whole lot. guy had hands down had the most amazing part. but personally my favorite was anthony pappalardo.

So after throwing up for the past hour .....Fuck that movie is too good.

Guy, Carroll, Howard & MJ holy shit. Old guys still tearing shit the fuck up ... and the new guys getting the torch and straight running with it like they had the cops on their ass.

I need my copy ASAP, hope its not too hard to find a shop that still has it around here.