The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
muska invented the short stacks.

you know, dook risres + the soft riser glued together.

the mans a genius

Chad Muska is a fucking idiot . I say this from experience in skating with him and a lot of other Lorain / Elyria locals 10 years ago . Wigger .

Sorry to hear .

And anyone claiming long boards are gay , are usually people that skate nothing but technical, robot street shit . Have any of you bombed real hills , drainage ditches before at speed ? I'm sure some have and still do and know what I'm getting at . Sector 9 , Gravity Skateboards , Factory 13 , Z-Flex , Dogtown are not " gay " companies . I think a lot of you forget that Slalom & Downhill racing still exists , much like it has since 1965 .

long boards are gay as fuck. i can bomb hills on a girl board indies and some 53s dont need some long board shit for that.

and THOSE OF YOU WHO SAID MJ WILL HAVE LAST PART. well he did i was wrong but i hear guy did have the illest part in the entire video i hear opening trick is a fucking fs 180 to switch crooks fakie flip out...yeah fist off thats never been done AND its a opening trick to his part....thats fucked up.

Sorry to hear .

And anyone claiming long boards are gay , are usually people that skate nothing but technical, robot street shit . Have any of you bombed real hills , drainage ditches before at speed ? I'm sure some have and still do and know what I'm getting at . Sector 9 , Gravity Skateboards , Factory 13 , Z-Flex , Dogtown are not " gay " companies . I think a lot of you forget that Slalom & Downhill racing still exists , much like it has since 1965 .

Yeah word. Maybe some people can't surf in the city or whatever and want to carve

down some hills and shit. Function trumps fashion always.

Remember stupid micro wheels and boards with no concave. Lame. Shit went

backwards for a min in the early 90's. You were fucked if you followed fashion.

Couldn't even ride across town on wheels like that and that's all you could buy!

Arbor boards are pretty cool too. They make some nice Snowboards as well. They

make longboards that are like street boards with nose and tail. Check them out.

Sorry to hear .

amen.

i bet you leave those shiny stickers on your hat after you buy them.

thats the silliest shit i ever heard....did you not read indies as in indie trucks and girl skateboards. not dgk and ventures. or nike or some weak ass sneaker collection shit. but shit man do your thing keep cruisn the concrete wave...

nothing wrong with venture im refering to that dumbass sticker joke. thats usually fits the description of some kid rockn big tall ts a dgk board nike sbs and some venture lowes (which you rock nothing but venture or independent) i rocked nikes non skate shoes before nike was nike sb(not sayin need props or anything) im not stuck anywhere except on skating. sometimes my whole intention of going skating is to just bomb some hills or just roll around but NOT on a long board. id rather do it original john cardiel steez or julian stranger.

i can bomb hills on a girl board indies and some 53s dont need some long board shit for that.

You aren't going down a real hill on 53mm anything . I know people that skate longboards just for the challenge . There's nothing crazier than seeing someone do a hardflip down a 5-stair on a longboard . :cool:

whats wrong with venture and nike sb?

the only trucks besides the ones i have were venture.

and ive been skating nike dunks before they made sb.

your thinking too much in the present dude

not everyone is a little trend follower like kids today.

some of us started this shit

My problem with Nike .

Where the fuck were they in the 1980's & 1990's when Skateboarding needed them ?

True , not everyone into SB's or whatever is a trend follower . I like quite a few of the SB team including Lance Mountain .

Venture Trucks...sorry but they don't work for me , I'd go with Thunder if it weren't for Independent .

i never said anything about the team. and the shoes are a lot better.

but before sb. i still skated dunks. before they remodeled them and only put the sutffed tounge on the sb. and venture has always worked for me.

but now everyone runs out and buys nike sb just cause nike has a skateboarding shoe now.

You aren't going down a real hill on 53mm anything . I know people that skate longboards just for the challenge . There's nothing crazier than seeing someone do a hardflip down a 5-stair on a longboard . :cool:

what? unless you want to bomb a hill on some 65mms and go intense fast. hey thats your thing i can get some okay speed down a proper sized hill with some 53s just fine. and if some one did hardflip with a long board...props to them thats alot of sacrifice for some testicales and heatlhy ankles.

but yeah theres alot of shit with nike i dont necesarily think its nike its self i think its more the outside source rockn the shit like sneaker heads and shit..i mean the whole nike team is dope as fuck minus select few for my own personal taste. but shit i mean if you got to peep the nike video you can see it was a well worth production it has few of the OGs that are dope as fuck Gino, danny supa, ba...its just such a trendy shoe over the past few years its just kinda spoiled it for some.

nike were actually struggling in the 80's thanks to reebok's aerobics gear (no, seriously), which was a road they didn't want to venture down. it wasn't until a couple jordans hit the market that things started picking up. plenty of people were wearing jordans in the 80's to skate in. so i'm not suprised that they didn't try to get in on skating then because they were just trying to keep their heads above water.

as butter face said, nike also tried to get in on the skating thing in the 90's and despite what i think was a pretty good ad campaign, no-one wanted any of it. they did their research and realised that for people to buy their skate gear they needed to sponsor skaters and skate events. once they started doing that people began to warm to them.

does adidas still make skate specific shoes? wasn't gonz skating for them maybe like 8 or 9 years ago? also, when nike tried to get into the skate shoe thing in the 90's, there was a whole lot of resistance from everyone - they just came in with a shoe and a few riders like everything was everything, without having any real concrete connections or ties with skateboarding itself. someone else already said it, this time around they pumped a whole lot more money into shit like events, popular riders, advertising, etc. but with skateboarding such a commercial money-maker now, who didn't really see that coming, x-games, video games, nike. I'm not going to get into "the good old days" bullshit because people do that with anything and everything that progresses, but shit is pretty far from what I did as a kid, to the point where the only similarities are the fact that the board is wood and the number of wheels is 4. All I see now is huge obsessions with what kind of set-up you have to the point if you ride "blank" deck, you wear "blank" shoes, and have to have a "blank" haircut. It was always there, but it just seems so much more magnified now. /end rant