Fuck This Shit Thread - no homo

Frate_Raper

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: Splinter in The Shitter

Well thanks Kimball for finding me the Shitter thread, I offically think the title should be changed back, but whatevers. Here is the post I originally wanted to post here...

So who's seen the new rocky trailer? NO? Here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBVm4bei1eM

7229-rocky-g3b.jpg

Yeah. Its rocky. The best part? He still wears that silly hat. When is the new rambo trailer coming out? I dont know.

I heard today that the dude that made batman begins is working on a new film about Tessla, starring none other than Mr David Bowie as Tessla. I think thisll be good cause i sure like The Man Who Fell To Earth.

03.jpg

Anyway, Im kinda psyched on the Bowie film. I could really give a shit about Rocky, except that its pretty amusing.

As far as making this post twice, should i have? I dont know, probably not.

Re: Shit The Shit Thread

I just came across this drink in a bartending book. Its call a Bull Roar.

1 and a half oz. vodka

3oz. beef bouillon

dash of worcestershire sauce

dash of salt

dash black pepper

This is a super WASP drink (I should know). It was also Andy Warhols "favorite" drink, but I believe that it goes by another name.

The girl that lives under me seems to play both the guitar and the piano. Right now it sounds like she is playing a dramatic tune from one of those old black and white movies with no sound. I think i am gonna start screaming into the floor for her to shut the fuck up.

just be careful to not cut your slices off too close to the pit, otherwise it gets a little prickly thing going on, and becareful not to eat stuff thats too close to the rind/peel, otherwise it gets that pine tree taste going on. reminds me of gin. no thank you.

how was your mango WXIII?

The mango was perfectly refreshing, considering this is probably the hottest day of the summer so far.

GIN...oh man, I just remembered drinking Bombay Sapphire last night at 3am..you don't like gin? How come so many people don't like gin? I love that shit, though I hear it's the worst for your liver.

wonderful!

just remembered? jesus, it was only like a half a day ago. i dont know. i dont really drink anymore, so im not really fond of alcohol in general. maybe because gin seems to have the most potent flavor?

Well, I always thought that whiskeys were the worst because of the congeners found in dark liquor. So I figured vodka and gin were cool because they're clear.

Oh, and I just found this:

Congeners are toxic chemicals that are formed during fermentation, some liquors have more of them than others. These congeners are widely responsible for headaches. Simple digest: The clearer your drinks, the less problems you will have the next morning. (Correct only for brandy. Non filtered beer for example can be very good, specially because they contain a large vitamin b complex, which is important to protect you from brain pickling)

For instance:

* Vodka has less congeners than gin.

* Most scotch whiskey has about four times more congeners than gin.

* Brandy, rum and single-malt scotch have about six times more than gin.

* Bourbon drinkers ingest eight times the amount of congeners as do gin drinkers, and 30 times as much as vodka.

* Red wine has more congeners than white wine does.

What causes hangovers?

Dehydration

Alcohol is a diuretic, ie a drug that increases urination and flushes fluids from the body. Drinking coffee the next morning only increases this problem as coffee is also a diuretic.

Mild poisons in the drink

Complex organic molecules such as methanol and acetone are found in some drinks and are said to be responsible for hangovers rather than ethanol (alcohol). This view is by researcher Dr Ian Calder of the London based National Hospital for Neurosurgery.

Which Alcohol is worse?

Brandy is worst for hangovers, then in descending order are: red wine, rum, whisky, white wine, gin and vodka. The British Medical Journal did tests that showed drinking bourbon whiskey is twice as likely to cause a hangover than the same amount of vodka.

Too much alcohol

Too much alcohol depletes the body of necessary substances required to stay healthy, these include blood sugar, vitamins and minerals.

Wine - a bad harvest

If you are drinking wine that comes from a country where a small change in the climate can make a big difference to the quality of wine, eg France, Germany, New Zealand, then in a bad season the wine contains many more substances that cause hangovers.

Wine - drinking it too young

Almost all red wines and chardonnay are matured in oak barrels so that they will keep and improve. If you drink this wine younger than three years there will be a higher level of nasties that can cause hangovers. If left to mature these nasties change to neutral substances and don't cause hangovers. As a rule of thumb wine stored in oak barrels for six months should be acceptable to drink within the first year. If the wine is stored for twelve months or more in oak barrels it should then be left for at least four years. Some winemakers have been known to add oak chips directly into the wine to enhance flavors, especially in a bad season, and this can take years to become neutral.

Safety Tip!!

One thing you REALLY ought to be aware of -- if you plan on living very long -- is that acetominophen (Tylenol) in combination with alcohol does HORRENDOUS liver damage. Alcohol alone damages the liver; and acetominophen (Tylenol) does a little damage to the liver; but if you mix the two, the damage you incur is EXPONENTIAL. I'm sure you can find plenty of medical journals to collaborate this if you want to. This made news a while back. You can literally wreck your liver in a very short time if you mix Tylenol with alcohol.

Alcohol intake linked to better cognitive function sent by Frank Kunkel

Light alcohol consumption may improve intellectual ability on everyday function, a new study of the Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis suggests. In the study of 2,040 African-Americans with an average age of 74 years, researchers found that light drinkers -- people who had fewer than four alcoholic drinks per week-- exhibited slightly higher scores on cognitive examinations (mean score of 30.93) than those who had 10 or more drinks each week (mean score of 29.93). People who never drank or only drank moderately -- more than four but fewer than 10 drinks each week -- had test results that were slightly lower or equal to the light drinkers (means scores of 30.18 and 30.42, respectively), the researchers said. Although scores for light drinkers were only marginally higher, they were consistent, Dr. Hendrie noted in the October issue of the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society (1996;44:1158-1165).

Among the participants, 59% had been drinkers at some time in their lives and 25% were still drinking at the time of the study. The other 41% were lifetime abstainers. In the report, these lifetime abstainers tended to score more poorly of cognitive functions than the light drinkers, even when the light drinkers had stopped drinking almost 20 years prior to the study, Dr. Hendrie said. "If you take this report in the context of what we know of alcohol in general, it is a good report and provides extra precaution to those who are heavy drinkers," Dr. Evans said. "Probably the best group to be in is that group that drinks a little bit," he added.

Old wives tales- Malarkey or not?

"A hair of the dog that bit you."

This remedy calls for having a drink the next morning for relief of a hangover. It is recommended that you have whatever you were drinking the night before, although a bloody mary is a common substitute.

Malarkey? No. When you wake up after drinking, you're coming off the effects of a mild overdose of a depressant. Having a drink helps to ease the symptoms, and a bloody mary contains lots of vitamins your body desperately needs. Unfortunately, you are merely putting off the side effects temporarily.

"Don't mix you liquors." or "Beer before liquor, never sicker. Liquor before beer, never fear."

This pokey old rhyme portends of bad things to come if mixing booze or if beer is consumed before liquor.

Malarkey? No. Mixing different types of alcohol makes it more difficult for your body to process congeners, because it your body has to identify and neutralize more varieties of congeners.

Carbonation speeds the absorption of alcohol, so drinking beer then liquor would cause the liquor to be absorbed at a faster rate than it would normally.

Plus, people tend to drink liquor faster than beer, which is more filling. So, switching to liquor from beer is likely to speed up your rate of liquor consumption after you're already halfway towards being in the bag.

http://www.banderasnews.com/0506/rr-congeners.htm

And I just remembered because I was driving last night, so it's more the "pot hangover" that has destroyed me for today. I never did end up cooling that girl's jets, or even meeting up with her. Maybe tonight, after tennis.

nah, I pretty much sobered up and took the sidestreets home. I didn't get drunk until we had left the bar early so we could smoke weed and drink at my friend's house.

I'm not down with drunk driving. ANd I'm REALLY not down with white shorts. I love white pants on girls, but I've seen enough Korean men in white pants to know how stupid it looks on a guy.

But I do plan on Wimbledoning it up one day and getting a pair of some white tennis shorts. Not too short, though.

*I emboldened the important parts..

• 2 weeks later...

Where I'm At

-Working computer lab job. i missed a whole week last week, didn't show up or call or anything. Came in today and recieved a very minor lecture from my boss. He basically told me if I need to miss work just tell my boss. :relieved:

-Saving up money. i need a change of scenery. I've been wanting to move around for some time now. My brother just moved to NY, which I admire him for, and I really want to follow.

-Somewhat looking for a new job. Since my job is through my school (of which i will not return for the fall semester) i can only work until Sep. 3. After that I need to get a new job. Possibly bike messenger?

-So many fees and tickets have accumulated. Its depressing.

-An etch marker opened in my pocket yesterday. i have a palm-sized burn on my leg. It sucks, but at least I noticed before the burn got too bad.

-I try not to get too attached to girls (bad habit of mine) but this girl I'm currently seeing is really really good to me. The best girl I've ever dated. Honest. Its going to suck when I move.

-I hate mechanics.

Not to be a :crybaby:

Where are you currently in life?