The Great Photography Superthread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Great Pictures~

Anyone interested in blowing their fucking mind, have a read about the hubble ultra deep field photograghs. The universe ruins my concentration.

HUDF_IR_full.jpg

Every one of those coloured dots is a galaxy similiar to our own. If you research it you can see close ups of areas of the photograph that appear blank, they are also full of batrillions of galaxys.

i heard theres as many galaxies, as there are grains of sand on every beach all over the world. imagine how many grains that is....

i heard theres as many galaxies, as there are grains of sand on every beach all over the world. imagine how many grains that is....

That reminds me of something I read a while back to give people an idea of the size of atoms.

'If an orange was blown up to the size of Earth, atoms would be roughly the size of a cherry.'

Something like that anyway. Cool huh?

Looking for some Kubrick flicks on youtube, I came across an interview from 60's and prolly some 2001space odyssey screening or something.

He said that current (that time) scientifical study shit says there is possibility of life in the universe, that even if it's one in a million chance there''d still be a shitload of intelligence out there.

I don't really give a fuck because I'm not going to witness any of it, but it's funny to see someone say that. I grew up under the "fact" that it's highly unlike to find any life anywhere else.

Or then I just haven't been paying attention. but yeah...

Archived