Question for the 12ozers from LA.

Poop Man Bob

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by SukiSukiNow+Dec 13 2004, 11:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SukiSukiNow - Dec 13 2004, 11:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-slave_one@Dec 13 2004, 06:04 PM

hi PMB.

imo, you guys should really think about getting a rental,

if one of you is willing to drive. drive carefully. be prepared for horrendous trafic

and asshole drivers. taxis will rip you off. you have to drive around to get anywhere in LA...

what to do in LA:

you guys can do the tourist tour, which is go to hollywood,

walk up and down hollywood boulevard, take pictures of the stars on the sidewalk,

go the chinese mann theater where they have all the celebrites' hands and feet on the concrete,

go to universal studios, and then shop at their citywalk where they you can also get a star map from someone who sells them and you'll get a map that gives you the streets to the homes of the stars, or something like that...

you can eat at roscoe's chicken and waffles in hollywood.

most of the time, all there is to do is shop, shop, shop and spend your money.

go to the dresden room on vermont on a thursday night for cocktail and listen to marty and elaine's lounge act

go dancing at dirty dirty house on santa monica at the parlour if it's still going on or the echo

check out flavorpill.com for fun activities

shop on vermont and eat at the no name japanese place next to the los feliz movie theater

theres also a great shushi place in pasadena on colorado and a street past fair oaks (has an outside patio)

have drinks at akbar

belmont tunnel (if it hasnt been torn down)

public library in downtown

ride the metro to long beach and have lunch or visit the aquarium

la brea tar pits and la county museum, walk around miracle mile

venice beach

i'll try to think of more

<3

[/b]

judging by this, i bet suki lived in koreatown or nearby. did you go to john burroughs?

suki i'll pay you.......40 bucks if you send me two large orders of carne asada fries from albertos..a grandpa meal from bakers,and anything del taco...frozen of course..

ooh and tickets to next years E/3 so i dont have to sneak in like i do every year..i wanna have an epileptic attack legally dammit.

if you want a sit down meal in pasadena.

a great place is El Cholo in pasadena.

fuckin' kick ass mexican dishes.

yeah but make sure to visit "the hat" to eat some fast food.

take the 605 south, about 10 minutes, exit on valley blvd. head east about 5-10 minutes. left hand side spearmint rhino strip joint.

http://www.pasadenacitycenter.com/dining/r...view.asp?id=982

Hat, The

491 N. Lake Ave.

Pasadena, CA

626-449-1844

I'm a REAL pastrami sandwich lover. As with many who fell in love with this taste treat back in the '70s when you could get fabulous pastrami at the westside El Rancho supermarket deli (long since gone), or at theold Furniture Mart on Broadway in downtown LA... I'm still on the hunt for a great one. When questioning friends, they told me to go to The Hat. And I did. Several times. It's okay, pretty good, but just not absolutely brilliant. The hunt goes on....

by: Ruth

The world's best pastrami, great beef dips, and one sandwich is enough for two normal people. Fries are good too.

by: Hungry_Eater

You're not looking for health food here, I hope, cause even the ice is fattening here. Well, OK, maybe not. But only as long as you don't get the pastrami, the chili cheese fries, the wet fries, the burgers, or, well, anything else on the menu. The original Hat in Alhambra is an institution, but this one is almost as old. And just as good.

by: Rick

If your downtown another place maybe to check out it the rooftop bar at The Standard hotel. Its on top of a 13 story buidling right in the middle of downtown. It has great art deco design through out. Pretty trendy and expensive drinks. But worth a drink or two if your in the area in the evening.

Downtown%20Standard4.JPG

those red 'chairs' are filled with water mattresses.

i really wish pistol was joking about that though..

but you will at least be able to see a somwhat large portion of the la river if you take the metro link to la at least once.. i cant remeber wich line it was though..if i remember its hould be one of them coming from the nearest pasadena station..

man this blows...my mouse froze again and i think my limewire downloads need more sources,,,but i'm too paranoid to click yes whenever its prompts me to updat my java somthinerother wich would let me use my scroll and keyboard on lime...damn..

..do i thinktype outloud alot? thats what my friend said when he came over to look at zombie's thread in paperchase...wich i also vote as the best single post thread of the year in paperchase..

and suki i so was not kidding..

the 5 to the 134 , there is a park nearby. you can walk a long a little bit on the side and see a good amount of the l.a. riverbed.

Theres a "The Hat" by my house. I forgot about it. Its cheap and they g g ive you a lot of food.

PMB I have a season pass to disneyland. Perhaps you can pass as an asian girl if you wear a wig.

Did you know the Doors of the 21st century are playing in hollywood on new years eve. yeah sorta cool .

Archived