Toys post here...

swif1

I can't stress enough how newcomers to the graff game need to start SIMPLE. I know you want to be dope in a week, we all wish we could be dope that fast, but the fact is, it wont happen. You need to begin at the basics. Take skateboarding for example, you not going to try to go down the halfpipe the second you step on the board, the same goes for begining in graff. Start with nice straight simple letters, almost like whats on your keyboard. Look at some other simples just for reference for how close you want your shit to be, not too close, but not too far. I spent a year wasteing my time on trying to go wildstyle right away. Needless to say it got me nowhere, and if I had spent that first year starting simple I'de probably have a years more experience. And you don't have to have wildstyle letters to have a style in general. I respect a nice clean simple peice with style as much as I respect a nice wildstyle peice. So start simple, I guarentee you that you'll get alot further in the graff game if you start simple. If you want to take my advice, then great, if you dont and you still want to try wildstyle lettering right off the bat, then whatever, but don't expect to get very far.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ok im sorta new to this been sketching for a while and im stuck on this sketch i guess is sorta 3d :haha: but hmm i duno what else to add to it? any ideas? maybe sum info to help make it a lil better? thx in advance :huh2:

682789875252900gt.jpg

i know pic kinda sux sry any tips maybe

Originally posted by runci+Apr 30 2005, 03:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (runci - Apr 30 2005, 03:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>any advice on how to improve...

[/b]

Don't make your 3D as large. Cut it in half. And another thing, to everyone who's quoting, stop quoting the fucking picture. It heightens the time for everyone to get to the bottom of the page. Instead, just turn it into a hyperlink instead. Sheesh.

Edit: I didn't see this:

<!--QuoteBegin-runci@May 2 2005, 03:49 AM

so should i maybe use this type of 3d???

any other comments

Try making the 3D go to the left or to the bottom for a change. Having the vanishing point end at on top of the sketch or in the center of the sketch constantly has to be boring..

the reason i usually keep the vanishing point to the centre or top is because i like to have some symmetry in my pieces...

ill cut the length n change the vanishin piont in my next sketch...

thanks for the help much appreciated...

peace runci