Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^word. i think you (zomb) should refrain from the stylish doodads n focus on the letters more. Your effects look fine, but dont make the letters any better.

Thats much better zomb. MEKs got that on point tips. You should keep drawing that style. I can see it being dope.

and nice. Fill them books up, put in work. Its a lot more than i can say for myself recently.

I remember you posting around the last time i was on like 2 years ago. But i aint done too much since then.

keep it up mang

Truth is its a rookie mistake to run before you can walk. When i started in the 90's i wanted to do what I saw in the Bronx and in magazines/books etc but that was

done by the masters and I could barely catch a tag. Effects are cool but if all you're doing is dressing up a piece a shit at the end end of the day its still a piece of shit.

Letters, letters, letters then when you think you can't take it anymore DO MORE LETTERS! Put the tricks aside and focus on honing the letter science of graffiti from

balancing letter bars to figuring out every possible flow and connection for your name. Every letter should look like it belongs with the others not just a bunch of letters

thrown together to say a name. Its about finding style through balance and flow. Thats the best advice I can give anyone starting out.

• Like 1

Truth is its a rookie mistake to run before you can walk. When i started in the 90's i wanted to do what I saw in the Bronx and in magazines/books etc but that was

done by the masters and I could barely catch a tag. Effects are cool but if all you're doing is dressing up a piece a shit at the end end of the day its still a piece of shit.

Letters, letters, letters then when you think you can't take it anymore DO MORE LETTERS! Put the tricks aside and focus on honing the letter science of graffiti from

balancing letter bars to figuring out every possible flow and connection for your name. Every letter should look like it belongs with the others not just a bunch of letters

thrown together to say a name. Its about finding style through balance and flow. Thats the best advice I can give anyone starting out.

6494d9a65195279d35717e6d97375037c34660e076011dc05bcc67011a212df0.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, your O & M has a swing on it but the B is rigid, screws with your flow.

But it's moving in the right direction so just start pumping out the letters. Don't only stick to those ones either, play around with other odd words. And pay attention to what MEK said in trying every different lean, swing, balance, etc. of the letter. Extend this bit, drop that part a little, bend that one, etc. Most of it will look silly but you have to rule out the mistakes to help you identify the good shit. Sometimes when you're mindlessly doodling you stumble on designs that you couldn't have managed when you're trying hard.

Use your left hand, cover one eye, only look at the page after you've drawn each stroke, etc. Sometimes letting go of control like this can help you break out of mindsets that constrain you (like the mindset you had about Z's recently). I see you just writing the same letters over and over again, completely change what you're doing in terms of shape and flow every week to force yourself to practice and stay out of ruts.

• Like 1

I love kittys. Chars kind of cheshire catish. Alice in wonderland. But your letters are kind of bad. Youre some what using consistant bars, so thats a positive i can find. Now for the bad stuff i see.

You tried to draw serefs but they just look like bad extensions. You must Crawl before you walk and walk before you run.

KEYBOARD SIMPLES look at the letters on your keyboard and draw those.

CAT KING

Just like that. a Sans serif font.

Just keep drawing keyboard simples and once you got those down pat. you'll be able to then start experimenting with extensions to fiull in the negitive space that certain letters create.

Yeah, your O & M has a swing on it but the B is rigid, screws with your flow.

But it's moving in the right direction so just start pumping out the letters. Don't only stick to those ones either, play around with other odd words. And pay attention to what MEK said in trying every different lean, swing, balance, etc. of the letter. Extend this bit, drop that part a little, bend that one, etc. Most of it will look silly but you have to rule out the mistakes to help you identify the good shit. Sometimes when you're mindlessly doodling you stumble on designs that you couldn't have managed when you're trying hard.

Use your left hand, cover one eye, only look at the page after you've drawn each stroke, etc. Sometimes letting go of control like this can help you break out of mindsets that constrain you (like the mindset you had about Z's recently). I see you just writing the same letters over and over again, completely change what you're doing in terms of shape and flow every week to force yourself to practice and stay out of ruts.

That is the plan. Thanks everyone, good shit.

The R would look better if the down line came from the "half circle" instead of off of the primary bar. The S would simply if you made the top "half circle" a bit smaller than the bottom half.

But that is exactly where to start. Learn how to balance those, don't do any fancy doo-dad shit that you're not ready for .

2dimw7c.jpg

True Simp

1zqu4g0.jpg

nasty simp

2mr8oys.jpg

Tried to get wilder on true. still working on that.

Havent inked anything in awhile. Just banging out some freestylish outlines. Need to do some tidier.

Good work on the alpha bet. R is a little beat but the crits^^ up there are what you need to do, keep working on it.,

thanks for the crits and advises guys :)

sadly the university began now, so not that much time but i made a few letters with shadow and 3D, the red-outlines are crappy cause of the paper, the markes going bloody on this shitty copy paper.....

i think the shadow at A and B should be not that close to the letters, looks kinda strange

soo crits please

next days i will work on the R and S and more on 3D & Shadow

greetz firestorm have a nice week all :)

ng3b5l.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
The R would look better if the down line came from the "half circle" instead of off of the primary bar. The S would simply if you made the top "half circle" a bit smaller than the bottom half.

But that is exactly where to start. Learn how to balance those, don't do any fancy doo-dad shit that you're not ready for .

did more abc's, i had some time in boring lectures ^^

now a question, am i right that you mean balacing the letters, mean bend/modify the bars of the keyboard letters, a.e. instead of straight bars of an A make them a half circle or what ever?

greetz and have a colorful weekend ;-)

No. You're not ready for that.

By balance I mean think of them as weighted things. A letter can be off balance when its put between other letters, but a letter all alone should "stand on its own" and not look like it would fall over or cave in on itself. Kind of abstract, but the more you do, the more you'll understand.

And of course, there are exceptions, but you start at the bottom. Learn the rules before you can break them. Breaking order without knowing what it is you're deconstructing will result in garbage.

Is your screen name by chance an Earth Crisis reference?

thanks for the answer fist666

my screen name is only a name i use sometimes, no reference

i took a picture, only to know if i got it

1. is not balanced T would fall to the right because the upper bar is too heavy at the right

2. T would not fall left because the A give a spot to lean on, without the A it would fall to the right

3. T will not fall because the left of the upper bar is heavier and the right side. so the angle of the main bar is equalized

4. Z would break down because upper bar is too heavy and the middle bar oto slim so it cant hold the weight

2h2jeau.jpg

no I think you are overthinking ot too much, out of all those letters you posted the only one I like is the Z, I like the top heavyness of it, it is balances to me as overall it looks right, all the other letters are just leaning wrong, the A on the TA is nice as well!

am i not right with the number 1 that it would fall because of its imbalance?

but wouldnt the Z brake down because of the high heavyness and the slim middle bar or is this one of these exceptions fist666 mean?

or do you mean this with overthinking, so i see it too strictly as weights?

I think you might be looking at weights too much, you are right with the Ts being off balance, but there is nothing wrong with the heavier top on the Z, as long as you balances that heavier top with whatever other letters you right, the letters will all balance together and be consistent