Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@ N30n B0n35,

You mean the 3d is missing between the line of the H meeting the K, if so, that was intended, due to not wanting to space the two letters really, but making it look like it was made out of 1 solid block of rock, hehe :P

And you're right on the bottom leg of the K, it really looks a bit too thin, will keep an eye on that on my next piece, hehe.

Thanks for your crits, much appreciated!

Oh I rofled, I see it now, how could I miss that, that's really a big Toy mistake right there, uhuh :/

I made a really quick, and rough sketch, of KILL with vines and stuff, but not that detailed since I've run out of time, and it's just a concept for me right now. I must say I like it, but I want to do the real thing in time, so don't go rough on me on this one :P

snapshot4q.jpg

Again crits welcome...

if you are really trying to improve hikari let me offer advice:

1.your stuff sucks and will for a while. realize this and use it as motivation..

2. DO SIMPLES. no rock effects or vines etc. til you have. basic structure down.. which will take a while.

3. don't post every sketch ...just practice and have fun...

@ sneekatoke, thanks for your reply, hehe.

By simples it's just letter and shadows, I presume... My stuff sucks indeed, will suck for a longer time indeed, practice is key. But every once in a while you must take a chance, and do something you can't do yet, which makes you learn from mistakes. I think I overdid it by doing so many, hehe. So...

I am only going to do "simples" for now, for a while, till I get the hang of it, and until I've done a decent sketch, which is atleast decent enough to post, I'll post it.

Thanks everyone for your advice, and I will take it with me in practicing.

Yo hikari that kill is almost good you should just change a couple things imo, like how the leg on the k touched the verticle bar, it throws off the piece, and take the dot off the i and you got some pretty straight letters homie. The vines and sticks look bad i cant lie but that said keep fucking with that because youll eventually be able to do some dope vines. And the 3d is off. You have the 3d of the top of the ls going at a diagonal down and the leg of k diagonal going up and the rest is strait right ya feel me? Make it allthe same direction

Bosdj, did you respond to my posts?

If so thanks, I've tried to keep it as simple as possible, hehe, guess it ain't bad!

I was talkin to noone57.. But ur shit is improving.. Since you're still eager to learn.. U should try and go through the alphabet. Just do 1 letter at a time. Make them simpler. Use the bars. Trust me it'll help. I still have letters that I never draw cuz I suck at them. Try it. Itll be a good challenge

any crits on my piece up top?

I like the letters. For the kasr all that really bugs me is the amount of negative space is not equal to the amount in the sr so it is unbalanced and the piece is "heavier" on the right side.

For both I feel the flow is kind of akward cuz each letter has a slant that is at a different angle.

Good shit though