Toys post here...

swif1

the I is sitting out on its own

if you want to overlap letters make sure they all overlap

adds to the flow of the piece and you wont have big chunks of 3d to paint

agreed, i also think that if your gonna use caps then use them all through. I think if your "i" was in caps then it would detract from the big chunk look and it would pull it together rather nicely.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I gotcha....what I mean is they might have gotten the keyboard letters down or simply want to expand past it. Wouldn't critiquing their existing work without pushing them back to doing keyboard letters let them do just that? No one said, hey you bit my style, when some toy was doing a simple letter....maybe one could use some different types of crits to get their own style flowing...that's all I really wanted to bring up.

• Like 1

agreed, i also think that if your gonna use caps then use them all through. I think if your "i" was in caps then it would detract from the big chunk look and it would pull it together rather nicely.

not necessarily

i use lower case i's in my pieces, it's just about constructing them properly to cover a decent amount of area.

lose the huge amount of kicks

unnecessary stuff clutters with out making it look good

lose the one to the top right

thin bar to fat extension looks stupid

lots of stuff down the bottom also really unbalances the letter itself

moderation people, don't go over board

not necessarily

i use lower case i's in my pieces, it's just about constructing them properly to cover a decent amount of area.

yeah that is true, i shouldnt have generalized it so much. I really just meant that in that piece it should have been all caps.

bump 4 crits? i been drawing graffiti for a while now but i made basic toy mistakes and jumped in head first & got way over my head trying to do wildstyles before i could do a good simple so im trying to go simple.

lye.jpg

I'm guessing that this thread should be renamed "All Toys Must Draw Simples Here". Yeah I know toys gotta get the basics but how are toys going to progress with style if all they're drawing is keyboard letters. Makes no sense to me.

i agree with pimps up...maybe this thrad shud be called "post simples before we deem u ready to step away and progress"..crawl before u can walk.

root thats not bad but u got 2 carried away..takes away from teh A

lye maybe space out ur letters more...and elongate em..

spacing the letters out would be a good start

that looks like a block with some lines cut into it.

equal widths too

don't start big, shrink and go big again

straight lines for now

trust, it'll be a lot better looking than the curvy stuff you have going on at the moment

so uh im just wondering people are telling to do bars and straight letters and it looks like shit

photo032.jpg

and well this is pretty simple too but not as shitty as the one above

photo028.jpg

id have to say the straight letter looks ten times worse so why would i start from that and not the other when there both simple and the second looks alot better than the other.

just wondering.

• Like 1