Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i thought you started simple, and slowly developed your own style. i was taught you never bite no matter what.

These days, no style is ever original. Every writer now-a-days is influenced by many, many, other writers in order to form their own "genuine" style. Influence and biting are two very different things. Without the influence of older writers, do you think we would have the styles that are out there today? No.

i thought you started simple, and slowly developed your own style. i was taught you never bite no matter what.

You thought correct, that other guy is just fucked in the head. :D

But like i said earlier, influence is okay, as long as you don't turn your influence into biting by going over the line, ya know.

These days, no style is ever original. Every writer now-a-days is influenced by many, many, other writers in order to form their own "genuine" style. Influence and biting are two very different things. Without the influence of older writers, do you think we would have the styles that are out there today? No.

i respecfuly dissagree. some heads out my way dont get on the internet for graffiti. just grew up on the local shit. their work always amazes me.

Word, i mean a local graff artist whose been in the game for a long time helps me and gives me advice but i never bite his style. his looks nothing like mine. ive only been doing graff for 3-4months, and biting just seems stupid to me, your not making youself famous your gettin the other person up if you do it well, and sink them if you dont.

Word, i mean a local graff artist whose been in the game for a long time helps me and gives me advice but i never bite his style. his looks nothing like mine. ive only been doing graff for 3-4months, and biting just seems stupid to me, your not making youself famous your gettin the other person up if you do it well, and sink them if you dont.

Word man do ya thing, Alt's n freak influence me [alts is more colour influence, since dudes got his schemes on lock, and freak uses more sharp edges then I do], you could probably tell in my work, but barely, our letter structure at the end of the day might share similarities, but i carry myself a bit different, but ya know we are from different parts of the world so our style are obviously going to be different, since i got that NZ graff to be influenced by in my hometown and neighboring citys too.

Yeah, freaky bay bay got that NY stylin' influences, I can see that clearly.

looks better depn [without those lines i didn't like in the letters], but hmmm space out your letters more and see what that looks like?

Depn, draw me a RUCK, or RUCKUS, i'll draw one [A DEPN] for you.

]

keen to exchange for the fuck of it?

Why is there so much beef in the toy threads? *sigh

The best way to progress and get ideas for good graffiti is to look out your window

If your talking to me, i don't have beef with anyone, that guy was just being ignorant to what graffiti actually is any why people do it.

I was basically trying to say if you want to get noticed try your best to come original, otherwise your just living in somebody else's shadow, and won't surpass them. I know heaps of photoshop sig makers that do the same thing, god damn generic tutorial sigs, which do look cool but that's just whack to use someone else's style and claim it as your own...

No not to you, just in general. Almost everytime I look on this thread, there's always someone who's butthurt over advice or something someone else said. But yeah, a lot of the legends in my area came up with their own shit, no one liked it, but now people think it's dope. Back in the day, the Frisco funk it was called, was thought to be wack so the guys who were used to the NYC/LA styles beefed with the funk crews.

and before sir bite-a-lot spouts his mouth again, here's some NZL graff for ya..

this wall won NZ the concept section @ the 08 splash festival, TMD crew, Askew, Pest5, Deus, Addict, Gary Grouch and Sirum did the dirty work..

TMD_Wall_08_web1.jpg

TMD_Wall_08_web2.jpg

TMD_Wall_08_web3.jpg

So yeah NZL is whack eh? we also won it in 06.

nzl is actually dope and so is australia ive got a copy of the graphotism issue covering askew and he can paint... first things first dont diss what ya can back up NZL has style for miles....

Ruck, id do one for you no problem the thing is...i actually blow massively on other letters =/ and Vare i dont really like the collage, except for the black on outlined in purple i think, it looks sharp and fresh.

Oh just incase you guys didnt know, you probably did and idk if its in other places, but Big Lots and some dollar Store chains carry Red Devil and Krylon for mad cheap. just saying.

yall are getting biting and influence confused

cope learned his throws from cap (not that you ignant fucks will know who cap is), and you can see how they are very similar. but cope's c and p aren't the same, there's variation

CAT7_ITEM500_CAP_A.jpg&h=500

04.07_COPE2_vito_9a.jpg

i read somewhere that one of copes friends made his throw for him, cope didn't come up with it himself. just sayin.