new EMINEM album

seeking

ill agree a few songs on this album made me laugh, but after hearing it from start to finish about 4 times im glad i didnt buy it. there wasnt one song i would ever bump off this album. props to dude for being creative and making a funny album, but i could live happy without hearing this album ever again.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this album would have to be pretty fucking righteous for me to actually pay money for it, and i really don't think it's going to be that righteous. i might pop in to hmv and have a listen to it on their little headphone setup.

then i'll go buy a new order album instead

Originally posted by Seldoon@Nov 16 2004, 11:42 AM

I used to hate on em too. Then I decided to be reasonable and admit that he can say some clever shit from time to time

i used to love his shit, but then became a hater. the dude can rhyme circles around anyone on the planet, but when it comes to writing songs and putting them together as an album, he sucks horse cum from a donkey's ass. about half his first album (slim shady lp....not the first first, but considered his first) was really good, the other half was mediocre to terrible. the second album had about 4 good songs, and everything after that has been trash.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC+Nov 16 2004, 01:48 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. ABC - Nov 16 2004, 01:48 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Seldoon@Nov 16 2004, 11:42 AM

I used to hate on em too. Then I decided to be reasonable and admit that he can say some clever shit from time to time

i used to love his shit, but then became a hater. the dude can rhyme circles around anyone on the planet, but when it comes to writing songs and putting them together as an album, he sucks horse cum from a donkey's ass. about half his first album (slim shady lp....not the first first, but considered his first) was really good, the other half was mediocre to terrible. the second album had about 4 good songs, and everything after that has been trash.

[/b]

I gotta agree with this except I like most of the first album, especially when it came out. He can be entertaining and I'm sure I'll get a bootleg of the new cd but I'm just not into it.

I used to love his shit too. But after a while, I just got tired of him talking about the same shit, it wasnt funny anymore...and never was shocking. Now I cant even listen to him without cringing...aside from 1 or 2 verses. He's just a waste of talent.

Maybe this album is different. I will never know. I most likely won't get around to listening to it.

2nd listen improved a bit for me...but it still doesn't compare to any of his previous editions...

Compare it to the newer wu-tang albums without the RZA's executive production....they're alright but they are lackluster..

I hope he comes back better next time....

Originally posted by Mr. ABC+Nov 15 2004, 06:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. ABC - Nov 15 2004, 06:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Seldoon@Nov 16 2004, 11:42 AM

[/b]

gotta agree. his first (mainstream) album was nice. the second one was also good. after that he changed his voice and made it more annoying. the first two ones were funny and filled with shock value and witty complex lyricism. after that he got tired. it's hard to believe that he got so into the pop culture bullshit and lost his original freestyling/backpacking/cyphering style. i remember when he came out to l.a. to freestyle on the radio back in '97 and was just another cat lookin for a deal. but his freestyles at that time period was like from another planet. he caught my attention. i thought the dude was latino at first. i just wish on his last two albums he stuck with the witty lyricism that got him started. now all he wants to talk about is his mom and his daughter and other stupid shit. that shit gets old.

Guest mikro137
Originally posted by Mr. ABC+Nov 15 2004, 08:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. ABC - Nov 15 2004, 08:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Seldoon@Nov 16 2004, 11:42 AM

[/b]

Originally posted by DOCTERDEATH@Nov 16 2004, 03:50 AM

Thats shits so bad it killed ODB

<!--QuoteBegin-Tyler Durden@Nov 19 2004, 09:42 AM

i heard one song off of that shit. whichever ones on the radio. and i was like "wow this guys STILL whining about being famous and his stupid daugther".

it just needs to stop.

oh man so much material here. i love the multi quote feature

1 ABC , i agree whole heartedly with you on this. dude is a great rapper , but poor at production , and arrngements

2 mr durden , on point as always. seriously he can only go so far with that shit , before it gets tired. however , if he gets mad enough , he is a fucking phenom.

3 DRDEATH . that shit was so funny i spit my soda at the computer screen.

Archived