Caseks-Computer-Corner

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by richard_vagina@Dec 27 2005, 08:50 PM

mainter: do you know of a way to keep and or spoof the

identifying code or whatever that dvd burners put on burned dvd\'s?

for example: to keep pirated movies from being traced back to one?

no not that i know of i could ask a few people and get back to you

Originally posted by Sparoism@Dec 27 2005, 08:58 PM

Hey, you can unpack files with a ,zip extension with WinRAR, right? That's what they claim, but I'd trust you guy over their word.

is it a .zip or a ,zip

you can unpack .rar/.zip/cab/arj/lzh/ace/7-zip/.tar/.GZip/.UUE/.BZ2/.JAR/.ISO/.Z

all with winRAR

not ,zip

any file that is compressed be sure to do a virus scan before extracting it

So my room mate got that AIM worm, and reduced his computer to a 24 hour billboard. I deleted what I thought was the virus, but now his computer just turns on and gets stuck. Can I download a Windows XP Recovery disc on my mac, burn it, and hope it works? Or do I have to download a full version of windows?

Originally posted by I.C.Shadow@Dec 28 2005, 12:22 PM

So my room mate got that AIM worm, and reduced his computer to a 24 hour billboard. I deleted what I thought was the virus, but now his computer just turns on and gets stuck. Can I download a Windows XP Recovery disc on my mac, burn it, and hope it works? Or do I have to download a full version of windows?

here download this tool burn it on cd

http://www.sendover.com/H2ZI-PW-75XF

start the windows xp machine into safemode (safemode) you can get there by pressing the F8 key when the computer boots up press it 1 time every 2 seconds until you see a list of startup modes

when windows boots it will say its in safemode

go to the cdrom/dvd-rom drive and open the program that is on the cd you burnt

install and run

when its done

reset the computer (normal)

and it should boot up with no AIM worm

Originally posted by Mainter+Dec 25 2005, 07:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mainter - Dec 25 2005, 07:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mindvapors@Dec 25 2005, 07:36 PM

YouTube is awesome. i have so many vids up now.

well post em here

[/b]

This one's for you guys!

Hackers

Will post more upon demand.

Originally posted by Mainter+Dec 28 2005, 08:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mainter - Dec 28 2005, 08:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-richard_vagina@Dec 27 2005, 09:50 PM

mainter: yeah, i\'d definitely appreciate that.

no luck yet

why are you the one making the orginals?

[/b]

are you guys talking about DeCSS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeCSS

Originally posted by Future Droid+Dec 28 2005, 06:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Future Droid - Dec 28 2005, 06:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Mainter@Dec 28 2005, 08:37 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-richard_vagina@Dec 27 2005, 09:50 PM

mainter: yeah, i\'d definitely appreciate that.

no luck yet

why are you the one making the orginals?

are you guys talking about DeCSS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeCSS

[/b]

yeah that sounds right

Guest Sparoism

Mainter- ,zip was a typo...it was a .zip file.

It worked fine, WinRAR is pretty awesome. It was configured to virus scan anything it unpacked, and the app I got is up and running with no discernable problems. Unless there's something better out there, I'm a believer!

Hey. Quick question. I have been using torrentspy.com for all of my musical needs. Just today every torrent that i dl wont work. I cant figure out why this bitch doesnt work anymore for files that 600 people are seeding.

Are there any other good torrent sites and what is the best torrent program to run out there?

If computing speeds double every two years,

what happens when computer-based AIs are doing the research?

Computing speed doubles every two years.

Computing speed doubles every two years of work.

Computing speed doubles every two subjective years of work.

Two years after Artificial Intelligences reach human equivalence, their speed doubles. One year later, their speed doubles again.

Six months - three months - 1.5 months ... Singularity.

Plug in the numbers for current computing speeds, the current doubling time, and an estimate for the raw processing power of the human brain, and the numbers match in: 2021.

But personally, I'd like to do it sooner.

Guest Sparoism

But is that in predictive/analytical/abstract thought process capabilities, or actual computing potential based upon what the brain is capable of if it were being used at 100% of its ability?

It's scary and inspiring at the same time.

but who knows if actual programming will catch up to theoretical computing speed by then?

I think at a certain point, perhaps by 2010, 2015, computers will reach abilities needed by most consumers (full screen digital videos, databases with most knowledge, networks etc), then shit will slow down, but who knows? i think we need to catch up on infrastructure and data before we can move to the next level...

edit* for spelling, additional ideaRRs (bos pronunciation)

Guest Sparoism

The question is, when it becomes the break-even point, who's going to do the programming? Will human intellect even be applicable once machines have exceeded them in the areas of abstract thought?