Caseks-Computer-Corner

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Sparoism
Originally posted by Mainter@Dec 21 2005, 07:26 AM

go here this will explain it all

http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/wind.../18/PearPC.html

Hmmm. Sounds like I'd have to run Windows and Mac OSX in tandem, and I don't have the hard drive space to do that right now.

Okay, maybe I'll just buy myself a book on Linux for Xmas, after all. Any recommendations? I'm not stupid, just not terribly good at code...which makes this a potentially daunting project.

Oh, and what's the deal with running iTunes on a Linux PC?

Originally posted by mindvapors@Dec 20 2005, 05:12 PM

There is a search button, but if u cant find anything, i use:

http://www.myfilehut.com

If i remember correctly its

250mb space.

1gig weekly bandwidth for 1st 2 weeks THEN

10 gig monthly after that.

been doing me good with video and songs for a while now. hope that helps.

Thanks mang. Trust me, I used the search button... but I didn't have much luck.

Originally posted by Sparoism+Dec 21 2005, 02:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparoism - Dec 21 2005, 02:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Mainter@Dec 21 2005, 07:26 AM

go here this will explain it all

http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/wind.../18/PearPC.html

Hmmm. Sounds like I'd have to run Windows and Mac OSX in tandem, and I don't have the hard drive space to do that right now.

Okay, maybe I'll just buy myself a book on Linux for Xmas, after all. Any recommendations? I'm not stupid, just not terribly good at code...which makes this a potentially daunting project.

Oh, and what's the deal with running iTunes on a Linux PC?

[/b]

as far as i know, no itunes on linux, although

i'm almost positive there is an alternative made for

linux.

don't buy a linux book. you can find all you want to know online.

try a live cd of linux, first off. make sure you like it.

http://dynebolic.org/

that one is for media people. audio/video production and the like.

i'm not really a linux guy, but i do know alot of people who are and fully support it. i would if i could use 3d studio max and photopoop on it.

i'm not one for gimp and whatever apps for 3d are linux based.

hope that helps.

happy holidays. i'll be around. ask away.

Originally posted by John Birch@Dec 22 2005, 10:43 PM

^^^word...

btw I'm still having problems with that magic tune software. the version I downloaded from their webpage won't even load for me. WTF??? Oi Vey

you got all the right system requirements or above?

do you have the right extention to extract the program?

that rocks, mainter. fucking classic.

my uncle laughed when i told him that.

on a shitty note, i got sick tuesday from a

friends little daughter coughing on me.

shouldn't have come to visit relatives. dammit.

i feel like i was hit by a freight train.

anyone got the ati hdtv wonder? i think i'm gonna through a bill down and buy it.

http://www.myschizobuddy.com/index.php?/ar...-benchmark.html

performance comparison of video codecs

Hacking Windows XP: Speed Up Your Network and Internet Access

"This Is For Advanced Users"

or anybody that is drunk and reading this right now.

1. Open up the Registry Editor by clicking the Start Menu and selecting Run. Then type regedit in the text box and click the OK button.

2. Once the Registry Editor has loaded, expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key.

3. Next, expand Software and then Microsoft.

4. Locate Windows and expand that as well.

5. You will want to be editing the main system files, so expand CurrentVersion.

6. Because this feature is a feature of the Windows component known as Explorer, expand the Explorer key.

7. Next, you will want to modify the remote computer settings, so expand the RemoteComputer key and then expand the NameSpace key to show all of the features that are enabled when you browse to a remote computer.

8. In the NameSpace folder you will find two entries. One is "{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}" which tells Explorer to show printers shared on the remote machine. The other, "{D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}," tells Explorer to show remote scheduled tasks. This is the one that you should delete. This can be done by right-clicking the name of the key and selecting Delete.

Tip:

If you have no use for viewing remote shared printers and are really only interested in shared files, consider deleting the printers key, "{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}", as well. This will also boost your browsing speed.

Once you have deleted the key, you just need to restart and the changes will be in effect. Now your network computer browsing will be without needless delays.

Originally posted by Mainter+Dec 23 2005, 05:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mainter - Dec 23 2005, 05:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-John Birch@Dec 22 2005, 10:43 PM

^^^word...

btw I'm still having problems with that magic tune software. the version I downloaded from their webpage won't even load for me. WTF??? Oi Vey

[/b]

yeah the program installs OK, it just went I load it, the intro screen comes on and then that "windows need to close this program blah blah, send error report?" comes on, twice... and I've tried doing a bunch of combos of shutting down, restarting etc etc... I don't know, I'll take another wack at it soon...

Originally posted by John Birch+Dec 25 2005, 08:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (John Birch - Dec 25 2005, 08:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Mainter@Dec 23 2005, 05:16 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-John Birch@Dec 22 2005, 10:43 PM

^^^word...

yeah the program installs OK, it just went I load it, the intro screen comes on and then that "windows need to close this program blah blah, send error report?" comes on, twice... and I've tried doing a bunch of combos of shutting down, restarting etc etc... I don't know, I'll take another wack at it soon...

[/b]

what is it for?

where you download it from?

all i could find on it was some non english shit that i could not read

my computer has been freezing up lately... mostly when im trying to format a cd and im going into large files of mp3's... i get the dr. watson debugger stopes responding, and then explorer crashes. i would usually just reinstal xp, but i lost my valid copy (damnit). should i go with a bootleg and crack it? would i be forced to reformat my computer if the version of xp is different than the one installed or would it let me overlay... and im guessing that the "valid os" check will stop shit from working right, like microsoft anti-spyware. any ideas?

Originally posted by guerillaeye@Dec 26 2005, 07:46 PM

my computer has been freezing up lately... mostly when im trying to format a cd and im going into large files of mp3's... i get the dr. watson debugger stopes responding, and then explorer crashes. i would usually just reinstal xp, but i lost my valid copy (damnit). should i go with a bootleg and crack it? would i be forced to reformat my computer if the version of xp is different than the one installed or would it let me overlay... and im guessing that the "valid os" check will stop shit from working right, like microsoft anti-spyware. any ideas?

1.hmmm lets see is the computer a dell or some brand like that ,that came with xp preinstalled?

2. or did you upgrade to xp with a new cd

answers

1. if it came preinstalled if you lost the cd (you can buy another copy from the computer place

2. if you bought the upgrade cd you can download a hacked one the one that came with the computer most likey windows xp sp1 if you upgraded to sp2 you still need to have windows xp sp1 (if the cd was windows xp sp2 it must download windows xp sp2) you can use the hacking tools to get your registration files that you need to have a valid copy

3. if you just download a hacked version and dont get your valid registration you will be screwed cause it will be lost and you will not get it back until you find the the orginal copy

good luck

best to find your orginal

New battery puts power plant in your pocket

Japanese electronics maker Toshiba launched two MP3 players in October that run on DMFC fuel cells, using methanol as fuel. The smaller device is no larger than a pack of gum, offers Flash storage, and holds 3.5 millilitres of fuel - good for 35 hours of musical enjoyment.

the rest of the story here

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=...35493461432B265