Caseks-Computer-Corner

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Bill Gates Stealing Yet Another Thing

Visto sues Microsoft for patent infringement

By James Niccolai, IDG News Service

Visto is suing Microsoft for infringing its wireless e-mail patents.

The company is seeking a permanent injunction that would prohibit Microsoft from using technology Visto claims it helped develop nearly a decade ago. It also seeks unspecified monetary damages. The Microsoft product under scrutiny is Windows Mobile 5.0, which Visto has said contains "a blatant infringement on Visto's patented technology."

Visto CEO Brian Bogosian said of the lawsuit: "Microsoft has a long and well-documented history of acquiring the technology of others, branding it as their own, and entering new markets. In some cases, they buy that technology from its creator. In other cases, they wrongfully misappropriate the intellectual property that belongs to others, which has forced them to acknowledge and settle large IP cases with companies like Sun, AT&T and Burst.com. For their foray into mobile email and data access, Microsoft simply decided to misappropriate Visto’s well known and documented patented technology."

The lawsuit is just another legal battle in the wireless e-mail market. Just yesterday, Visto agree to licence push e-mail patents from NTP. Those patents form the basis of a huge, ongoing legal battle between NTP and RIM - makers of the popular Blackberry.

Visto's software is used by carriers including Cingular, Sprint and Vodafone. It accuses Microsoft of infringing on three US patents in particular. Patent No. 6,085,192, titled "System And Method For Securely Synchronizing Multiple Copies Of A Workspace Element In A Network"; No. 6,708,221, "System And Method For Globally And Securely Accessing Unified Information In A Computer Network", and; No. 6,151,606, "System And Method For Using A Workspace Data Manager To Access, Manipulate And Synchronize Network Data."

Microsoft has yet to comment on the lawsuit.

:crap: :huh2: :crap: :shook:

Urgent Notice

i have had alot of customers coming in trying to get there computers working again because they downloaded service pack 3 preview

There has been alot of downloads and shit gonig around saying that Windows XP has a new service pack 3 coming and you can download the preview/ it has 100+ new hotfixes and stuff like that

BUT the problem is is this is bad DO NOT download it at all it will crash yer machine because the hotfixes are not complete and the fixes are most frequent fixes to what they get through there support center so if you dont have these errors the fixes will corrupt the data that was working right and you will get even more errors

Wait till microsoft officially releases it if they do, then wait again till enough people download it and wait for there reviews on it to make sure it does not mess up yer shit like service pack 2

i found this kool little tool today

Ever had such an annoying message given by Windows?

"Cannot delete Folder:It is being used by another person or program.

Close any programs that might be using the file and try again"

It has many other flavors:

Cannot delete file: Access is denied

There has been a sharing violation.

The source or destination file may be in use.

The file is in use by another program or user.

Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/#download

Originally posted by Mainter@Dec 18 2005, 04:40 PM

hey dumy i got some news for ya Apple is going with a Intel chip on there boards by the way Intel is made for (PC) MACS getting smart there comming to the real side :five-o:

news?..nigga, news?!...that "news" is about 4 months old..

I'm saving up cheese in anticipation..

Originally posted by 26SidedCube@Dec 19 2005, 07:29 PM

Okay... browsing thirty-some pages would take way too fucking long...

Does anyone know of a good music hosting site where I can upload a track to play in/link to myspace?

I know it's been asked in here but I can't be foxed with to look for it.

There is a search button, but if u cant find anything, i use:

http://www.myfilehut.com

If i remember correctly its

250mb space.

1gig weekly bandwidth for 1st 2 weeks THEN

10 gig monthly after that.

been doing me good with video and songs for a while now. hope that helps.

Originally posted by richard_vagina@Dec 20 2005, 03:46 AM

dunno, but i just got a 19" samsung lcd/tft flatscreen monitor.

w00t

is that the same one I was talking about last week or two? samsung syncmaster 960bf... 19" lcd flatscreen... the only problem I've had is the magic-tunes 3.6 software to adjust the colors and shit. The program keeps freezing and crashing my computer. Even after reinstalling a few times...

Guest Sparoism
Originally posted by ^ . ^@Dec 20 2005, 07:49 PM

hey... anyone.

I need a copy of photoshop.

In return I'll make you a grilled cheese sandwhich.

Tell me how to do it and I'll hooooooooook it up. I have 6.0.

Guest Sparoism

Hey, Mr. Vagina-

So, I hear that the new Mac OS is Linux based. I have HAD IT with Windows and all the attendant bullshit. I am not skilled enough to do a Linux installation (yet), so I thought I'd ask-

CAN I DO IT??? Can I put the new Mac OS on what is supposed to be a Windows machine? Have you heard of anyone successfully doing this? When they came out with iTunes for Windows, I saw a version of Mac OS for PCs as the next logical step.

Your feedback, please.