Caseks-Computer-Corner

RumPuncher

Originally posted by <KEY3>@Jan 25 2005, 11:33 AM

ok... I need help.

We're replacing one computer with a new one,

and I want to move the Symantec Antivirus over to the new system.

Can this be done? I have the update codes I used on the last update.

some of this xp gina stuff, i'm not too familiar with, but i do know i can answer kilo's question. yes...you need the disk...and the codes, of course.

why don't you send me that old computer and a copy of avid pro....and i'll need some 1 terabyte hd's...like 3....or maybe 1 five terabyte...oh, and about the video card...heh...

sorry for not keeping up with this thread as much as i'd like to. i like to sit back and let questions come....there are also many others on here way more knowledgable, so don't think i'm not learning a few triks here and there. i read this stuff just like everyone else.

_casek_nerd on a mission

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

NEED HELPP!!!!!

I wake up this morning to find that my computer is shut off, even though I had left it on last night. It wasn't a power outtage, as my alarm had gone off, and the monitor was still on.

After pressing 'on', it won't go into Windows XP. Instead, it gives me options on how I want to go about getting into Windows: safe mode, safe mode with networking, last configuration, or normally.

I have selected each and every one of these options, and none work.

Keep in mind that I have recently added a few hundred gigs of hard drive space. But it has worked fine over the past few weeks. Why did this happen, and how can I fix it?

wow, good question... ok, last know good configuration should ahve worked....do you have the xp install disk? if so, pop it in and boot up, when it says 'boot from disc' hit a key...let it ride out and there should be a repair xp option.

it's been awhile since i've fooled around with xp, for these reasons...but it works that way in 2kpro, so give it a shot. if that doesn't work, let me know. there are some fools on here that know xp a little better than i....

Originally posted by Weapon X@Feb 9 2005, 12:06 PM

NEED HELPP!!!!!

I wake up this morning to find that my computer is shut off, even though I had left it on last night. It wasn't a power outtage, as my alarm had gone off, and the monitor was still on.

After pressing 'on', it won't go into Windows XP. Instead, it gives me options on how I want to go about getting into Windows: safe mode, safe mode with networking, last configuration, or normally.

I have selected each and every one of these options, and none work.

Keep in mind that I have recently added a few hundred gigs of hard drive space. But it has worked fine over the past few weeks. Why did this happen, and how can I fix it?

weird... my brother's computer recently had the same thing happen to it. only it was a power outage that caused it. now every time he starts his computer, it starts to load up and then just restarts and repeats. i haven't gotten around to trying to fix it yet, but i was going to try the same thing casek suggested. if that didn't work i would just reinstall windows. you'd still have all your files, but any registered programs would have to be reinstalled.

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed a shitttload of my mp3's have disappeared.

Nothing else on my computer, just my mp3's. They were all ones I got off SLSK such as Chief Kamachi, Necro, Jus Allah, etc etc etc.

Any reason why these would be disappearing? I ran virus scan and it found some trojans which I deleted but I would have thought it would target something other than my music.

• 1 month later...

jesus, I had to dig deep to find this fucking thread.

anyways, I need help. About half the time I try to get onto 12 oz, this shit pops up saying

"IPB WARNING: TOO MANY CONNECTIONS

THERE APPEARS TO BE AN ERROR WITH THE DATABASE.

mySQL Error: Too Many Connections"

Need help.

Heres a nice 'long' one for ya

I was recently logging onto Gmail, which requires that i turn my firewall off. So as usual i do this and get my mail for the day, bla blah. Anyhow a while later a Ad-Watch starts firing up windows like fuck, saying that something is trying to erase all the files in the registry relating to start-up.

I click 'deny' to every one and hope it all goes away. Next reboot Nothing starts up, nothing in the taskbar etc. Also, all of my icons in the whole system have gone blank, and have all appeared with the .ink or whatever extension on them. Whilst trying to run a program direct from its directory in C:\program after i double click on the main executable the file dissappears. Its only hidden, but still..

I can still run some programs, but only things lke winamp whereby you click on the mp3 to make it run, and my file shredder where you do the same thing, click on a file not the executable.

Next boot after that produces what someone said above, constant restarts after getting to the first windows xp loading screen. I used the windows cd to repair it and have now got back to the stage where i cant run any programs as said above...

Anyway this has rendered my other machine usless, but i dont want to format and lose my many gigs of mp3s that are on it.

Obviously there is some sort of trojan/virus on the drive..

Anyone care to help?

ok, what you do: get your windows disc, the installation one, and reinstall. you could also try a dos based anti virus. there are several anti virus programs that allow you to create startup discs for removing such things.

actually, try the anti virus disc first, then reinstall windows. that should fix your system up.

you don't have to turn your firewall off to check gmail, just add a rule. there are instructions on the gmail page.

hope that helps.

Aight, so last night I'm trying to Rip some CDs to make a mix. EAC says it can't find my CD-ROM :chicken: . So somehow, the drivers got all fucked up for both of my CD drives. I've been searching all over for the correct drivers without luck. On Sony's website I can only find the drive for my Sony Atapi CDU5221 in DOS form. This won't work. My other drive is the factory drive from my HP Pavilion 503n. I looked through HP's website and can't find any drivers specific to their CD-Roms. Any help welcomed. Thanks

Originally posted by mackfatsoe@Apr 4 2005, 07:12 PM

jesus, I had to dig deep to find this fucking thread.

anyways, I need help. About half the time I try to get onto 12 oz, this shit pops up saying

"IPB WARNING: TOO MANY CONNECTIONS

THERE APPEARS TO BE AN ERROR WITH THE DATABASE.

mySQL Error: Too Many Connections"

Need help.

THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING SO MUCH RECENTLY. AHH, WTF.

i need help

I downloaded a 'dvd rip' video but when i try to open it it says it has to close.

It also makes windows explorer close and then reappear.

this also happens if i single click on the file without opening.

does mean a problem with the file then?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

can anyone help me out w/ some connectability issues?

it seems to be worse w/ aim.. but i tend to get some heavy lag times... so much that aim disconnects on the regular.

im on dsl, and tried using TCP Optimize to limited success... any sugestions?

Originally posted by GucciCondom+Apr 25 2005, 05:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GucciCondom - Apr 25 2005, 05:44 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>ayo peep game..I use Black ICE firewall right..and I got an attack message that reads:

Trace_Route_UDP from fcp-5002.icn.state.ia.us

I saw trace route and state and it seemed shady.

what is the meaning of this?

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Vanity@May 9 2005, 07:36 PM

can anyone help me out w/ some connectability issues?

it seems to be worse w/ aim.. but i tend to get some heavy lag times... so much that aim disconnects on the regular.

im on dsl, and tried using TCP Optimize to limited success... any sugestions?

guccicondom: blackice is not a good firewall at all, it does nothing for you. change now....sygate pro is good.

vanity: http://gaim.sourceforge.net/win32/index.php try that aim replacement.

let me know what other programs lag, i can probably help you out.

p.s.- just saw the bottom of that post...are you completely up to date as far as windows and your dsl dialing program? check the internet providers site or the manufacturers site for updates.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by poes@Jun 15 2005, 07:58 AM

Why when i turn my computer on and the log on screen comes up (xp) it always tells me i have at least 1 unread email when i dont?

Getting Rid of Unread Email Messages

To remove the Unread Email message by user's login names:

Start Regedit

For a single user: Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail

For all users: Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail

Create a DWORD key called MessageExpiryDays

Give it a value of

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail\]

"MessageExpiryDays"=dword:00000000

'this will disable the unread email crap'

besure to backup the registry before entering