Caseks-Computer-Corner

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

oh i forgot to add ISP (internet service providers are blocking P2P ports on there own servers do to the eating of bandwidth you have no control over this when its done at the main server if you open yers it will not matter the only way around this is finding different ports

http://toolbar.google.com/dc/offerdc.html

Your computer's idle time is too precious to waste.

Put your computer to work advancing scientific knowledge when it's not helping you.

Google Compute is a feature of the Google Toolbar that enables your computer to help solve challenging scientific problems when it would otherwise be idle. When you enable Google Compute, your computer will download a small piece of a large research project and perform calculations on it that will then be included with the calculations performed by thousands of other computers doing the same thing. This process is known as distributed computing.

The first beneficiary of this effort is Folding@home, a non-profit academic research project at Stanford University that is trying to understand the structure of proteins so they can develop better treatments for a number of illnesses. In the future Google Compute may allow you to also donate your computing time to other carefully selected worthwhile endeavors, including projects to improve Google and its services.

The Google Compute feature of the Google Toolbar shouldn't affect your regular computing activities and you can easily disable it at any time for any reason.

To learn more about Google Compute before installing, please read our Frequently Asked Questions. In particular please read the parts on Privacy and Security, which you must read and accept if you decide to try Google Compute. If you do not own the computer on which you're installing Google Compute, please ensure that you have the permission of the owner or administrator before installing this feature.

Originally posted by Mainter+Jan 26 2006, 02:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mainter - Jan 26 2006, 02:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mindvapors@Jan 26 2006, 02:33 PM

well i was thinking for like, LimeWire. since it wont connect at my girls college.

well switch listening ports and do a manual port forwording goto tools/options/advanced/firewall config

[/b]

thanks, i'll ask her it goes once the school week starts.

ok i have a canon powershot S2 IS i had pictures on it but my little brother got a hold of it and deleted them my i do not have a memory card reader all i got is a usb cable connected to the camera to get the pictures off of the camera onto the computer

Problem Is: there are recovery programs out there but it will not pick up the cameras memory card storage because the computer doesn't assign it a Drive Letter so recovery tools cannot find it, it gives it the name of Canon PowerShot S2 IS.

My Question: how do i assign the camera a Drive Letter so recovery tools are able to pick up on it or even is there a program that is able to read storage devices in this way? :huh2:

Originally posted by Mainter@Jan 29 2006, 04:37 PM

ok i have a canon powershot S2 IS i had pictures on it but my little brother got a hold of it and deleted them my i do not have a memory card reader all i got is a usb cable connected to the camera to get the pictures off of the camera onto the computer

Problem Is: there are recovery programs out there but it will not pick up the cameras memory card storage because the computer doesn't assign it a Drive Letter so recovery tools cannot find it, it gives it the name of Canon PowerShot S2 IS.

My Question: how do i assign the camera a Drive Letter so recovery tools are able to pick up on it or even is there a program that is able to read storage devices in this way? :huh2:

i've had the same problem, you have to make your computer assign a drive letter to your camera, the way to do this is to change a setting on the camera, "usb mode" or something like that

Originally posted by lord_casek@Jan 29 2006, 08:01 PM

i dunno. there must be a way to do that.

lilusb?

otherwise, i really don't know.

right click/properties (of camera) and see what you can do with those.

who knows, you may get lucky

nope nothin just the regular camera properties has nothing in there about that umm how much is it to pick up a usb flah memory reader its a SD memory card

Originally posted by ARCEL@Jan 29 2006, 08:07 PM

i've had the same problem, you have to make your computer assign a drive letter to your camera, the way to do this is to change a setting on the camera, "usb mode" or something like that

yeah i had that on my old camera but not this one that setting was for swiching from webcam to transfer mode

Know anything about gateways? i just got a 3 year old solo 1410 free and i wanna know if i can upgrade. have been told i cant upgrade the video card buti can boost the ram up. i need a better video card anything ican do possibly external if i cant get something put in?!

2 questions:

what's the matter with firefox? been mad slow lately,,,I've herad the Others complaining too, and if you use safari or whatever, what is the diffrences?

when I watch that mytube or google video etc or music on amazon, the volume is so low...I have to turn it way up on my speakers, but my computer itself then is too loud...is there a setting to fix the sound on media files to match the regular computer volume?

For some reason, whenever I click on an mp3 (not yousendit, that works fine) file in the Mix Trader thread it comes out on another webpage with quicktime and plays it from there. In my old computer it downloaded the file into a predetermined folder. I don't like listening to the mixes "streaming." If somebody know how to fix this, holler back. Oh yeah, I don't have Quicktime Pro.

Originally posted by Lonesome Cowboy Bill@Jan 30 2006, 07:29 PM

2 questions:

what's the matter with firefox? been mad slow lately,,,I've herad the Others complaining too, and if you use safari or whatever, what is the diffrences?

when I watch that mytube or google video etc or music on amazon, the volume is so low...I have to turn it way up on my speakers, but my computer itself then is too loud...is there a setting to fix the sound on media files to match the regular computer volume?

well the new firefox update came out to soon if you can revert back to 1.4 because 1.5 has a memory leak in it which will eat up your computer resources it will be fixed in the next firefox updates in about 2 weeks if you want just use IE or go and download opera or flock are good alternatives

Originally posted by JesusMachine@Jan 30 2006, 08:18 PM

For some reason, whenever I click on an mp3 (not yousendit, that works fine) file in the Mix Trader thread it comes out on another webpage with quicktime and plays it from there. In my old computer it downloaded the file into a predetermined folder. I don't like listening to the mixes "streaming." If somebody know how to fix this, holler back. Oh yeah, I don't have Quicktime Pro.

yes right click save target like mindvapor said/ then save it to where you want it then it will download

well i got my pictures recovered i got a memorycard reader from a friend popped it in the usb and the card showed right up i was reading around and there is no possible way for you to assign a drive letter on a digicam that does not support setting itself as a USB storage device mostly all canon digi cameras

Originally posted by lord_casek@Jan 31 2006, 12:26 PM

np. thank god for firefox geeks, eh?

always come out with a fix when you need it.

btw: this memory leak has been a problem

for several version. oh well, stll better than IE

well this memory leak is different cause it had the problem of, when you closed the program it would stay running in task manager it took up 427,000 k of memory when it was closed not just when it was running thats almost 512MB it ate up in like 4 hours

i do not remember older versions doing that much