METAL HEADS UNITE!!!

HateKillDestroy

Cattle Decap is from my town and they do us proud, yo! If you into grind definitely check out HEWHOCORRUPTS. If you ever get to see them life they are hilarious and play good music to boot. Ed Gein is coming to town this weekend, might check that out. Agorophobic Nosebleed/Converge split is fucking awesome. 4 main cds in my player of cd's are Judas Preist "Hell Bent for Leather", Converge "You Fail Me", "Cannibal Corpse "The Bleeding" and my guilty pleasure, Pinback.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've listened to metal my whole life..I love it, earlier this year I worked doing security for ozzfest in cali. I was originally doing center stage duty and that was cool. But when the other stage opened I had to run around in small teams putting out the trash fires that were getting started on the lawn.... Needless to say, it's not easy putting out big fires in a slayer moshpit, especially in the small numbers we were in.....

..so I took a little ass beating here and there...afterall I was wearing a bright yellow security shirt. I'd do it again...but, It felt wrong being the bad guy like that

Originally posted by HateKillDestroy@Nov 5 2004, 11:38 PM

Cattle Decap is from my town and they do us proud, yo! If you into grind definitely check out HEWHOCORRUPTS. If you ever get to see them life they are hilarious and play good music to boot. Ed Gein is coming to town this weekend, might check that out. Agorophobic Nosebleed/Converge split is fucking awesome. 4 main cds in my player of cd's are Judas Preist "Hell Bent for Leather", Converge "You Fail Me", "Cannibal Corpse "The Bleeding" and my guilty pleasure, Pinback.

Im pretty sure im going to see them and GWAR in december.. i really like the new cattle decap. letters.

Ringworm

Today is the Day

Brutal Truth

Luddite Clone

Barrit

Little bit of Pig Destroyer

Neurosis

Total Fucking Destruction

Dillinger Escape Plan

Circle of Dead Children

Burst

Between the Buried and Me

And Converge, of course.

I don't listen to a lot of metal, but that's most of what I listen to, metal-wise.

And there was Dillenger Escape Plan. I was thinking Dillenger Escape Plan was their old poppy punk selves. Little did I know about this whole scene.

Villian, I can't help but think that you thought Dillinger Escape Plan was Dillinger 4. Unless, DEP had some sort of pop-punk record they put out years ago. Cause I think they've always been playing metal.

Originally posted by fermentor666@Nov 6 2004, 01:17 PM

Villian, I can't help but think that you thought Dillinger Escape Plan was Dillinger 4. Unless, DEP had some sort of pop-punk record they put out years ago. Cause I think they've always been playing metal.

The Dillenger Escape Plan I used to know from like 10 years ago was pop punk. Times have changed.

Originally posted by Spike@Nov 6 2004, 02:59 PM

The closest Dillinger Escape Plan has ever come to pop punk was when they covered "Like I Love You" live

Chris Pennie would probably prefer to shoot himself in the face than play a simple pop-punk drum beat

and I doubt the guitarist would want to play 4 chords per song too

My brother also remembers old Dillenger Escape Plan being waaaaay different then they are now. Strangely though I cannot find anything about their old, old stuff.

Hmm.... strange.

It seems they have erased almost all traces of their former existence. They did after all refuse to play their old stuff.

The closest link I can find to the former incarnation of Dillenger Escape Plan is on this message board where someone mentions when they were on Epitaph records and associated with pop punk.

http://www.snowboarding.com/dcforum/DCForumID4/111.html#1

I guess they are trying to distance themselves from their past in order to retain some dignity. Haha.... I guess hardcore is the "cool" thing to do these days.

Originally posted by fermentor666@Nov 6 2004, 05:21 PM

You are definitly thinking of Dillinger Four. Go download some of their songs and you will see.

Converge is also on Epitaph, and they were never pop-punk.

No no no... I know who dillenger four is.

I know that technically not every band on epitaph was "pop punk" but they were still considered such because punk altruists swore up and down that bret gurewitz was selling out the scene.

But I distinctly remember them being pop punk.

Hmm.... this is like a conspiracy theory now.

Eh, I dunno... I'm confused...

I never listened to Dillenger Four or Dillenger Escape Plan all that much.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were some old stuff not around though.

After all... ska completely disappeared. That's an entire genre of music.

villain, you are -definitely- confusing something here... I dunno how or why, but seriously, if you are totally convinced of this then either you have a memory malfunction or you know something about Dillinger Escape Plan that no-one else does

Dillinger Escape Plan has one album on Epitaph, yes, (Irony Is A Dead Scene EP, featuring Mike Patton) but, if you were to listen to it you'd realised that pop-punk is REALLY not the word for it. Also, it was released in 2002... and DEP formed in '97, so there's no way they could have done anything 10 years ago... I will eat an item of clothing of your choice if someone comes up with something that contradicts what I'm about to say, but as a huge Dillinger Escape Plan fan, I can catagorically state that Dillinger Escape Plan was NEVER a pop-punk band. Never. Ever. Seriously, not even in a previous incarnation. Never. Full stop

Also, ska is still around. You just have to look harder

just looking through my winamp list pickin out the metal

As I Lay Dying

Avenged Sevenfold

Children Of Bodom

GFK

Gwar (maybe? idunno, shut up they kick ass)

In FLames

Into Eternity

Iron Maiden

Killswitch Engage

Propagandhi (not punk damnit, progressive thrash metal!!!!!)

The Haunted

Venom

I don't know how you guys can stand Children of Bodom. Maybe it's just the album I downloaded, Hate Crew Deathroll, was their bad album. I can't stand it.

Villian, for some reason I remember having this exact same conversation about DEP with you before. Maybe I'm just nuts, though.

Originally posted by fermentor666@Nov 6 2004, 11:24 PM

I don't know how you guys can stand Children of Bodom. Maybe it's just the album I downloaded, Hate Crew Deathroll, was their bad album. I can't stand it.

Villian, for some reason I remember having this exact same conversation about DEP with you before. Maybe I'm just nuts, though.

Hmm.... I tend to forget

Originally posted by fermentor666@Nov 7 2004, 12:24 AM

are you joking>?...... children is a metal as you can get. you should listen to country,... i think it would better suit your needs.hatebreeder and follow the reaper are better albums than hate crew deathroll but in no way does that album suck. can you name any other band out now with a lead guitarist even in the same realm as alexi?????? i seriously doubt it.you obviously have never seen them live.

and the new shadows fall album is nasty as well...

you kids should seriously turn off MTV if your gunna call yourselves "metal heads" :evil:

tell you what here is a link to where you can listen to all of there albums.

http://c.mp3gate.ru/

scroll down to children of bodom,.. click on follow the reaper album,.. click free demo when the next page pops up, click the sound icon under the album cover,.. scroll to song 3 "Children of Decadence" and tell me that shit sucks motherfucker.!!! :scowl:

Originally posted by LUMBER >>@Nov 6 2004, 11:45 PM

i listen to anything that is metal.

children of bodom,

death,

zao,

remembering never,

dimmu borgor,

lamb of god,

bloodbath,

himsa

shadows fall,

all that remains,..... shit like that.

zao=stinky christian metal

if you like shadows fall look into the sinegrs older band Overcast, its a millions times better

Archived