Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rusto stops rust is in terrible terrible shape

no seafoam green

no burnt orange

no glacier blue

i've never found grass green, dark purple or tranquil yellow

THE LAST PLACE I CAN FIND HARBOR BLUE CANS ALL OF THEM ARE FUCKED IN THE VALVES

i miss good paint for free or $1 a can

D'':

rusto stops rust is in terrible terrible shape

no seafoam green

no burnt orange

no glacier blue

i've never found grass green, dark purple or tranquil yellow

THE LAST PLACE I CAN FIND HARBOR BLUE CANS ALL OF THEM ARE FUCKED IN THE VALVES

take those harbors anyways. i have 3 harbors saved for a rainy day.. i'm sure they would look good on a shelf. stick with it. stops rust is still the best thing out there. you have to mix PTx2 with stops rust.. unless you're rockin' black and whites.

sail blue is still dope, yellow, sunrise red, smoke grey, orange? what i think is by far one of the best oranges out there? antique white?

shit man there's still a ton out there. and i have never found grass green either, although dark purple is nice. doesn't amtch the cap; it's a lot like the dark AA colors in terms of how much lighter the cap/paint is.

anyone tried rusto universal yet? it's $8 around me...

Just mix your own paint that old fashioned way. That's my thing. Its easy and great fun for the hole family.

But if you really want. You can try something I tried one a while back. Here's how it go's.

1. Get a empty can and put a pin sized hole in the bottom to release all the old propellant.

2. Drill the hole out in the same spot as the pin hole, Make sure that the hole you drill is a little smaller then a bicycle tire valve. Or whatever kind of valve you pick to use.

3. Poor the paint you want to use into the can.

4. Push the tire valve into the hole. ( The hard rubber end of the tire valve will be LARGER the hole you are squeezing it into.

5. Use an industrial strength tire patch adhesive to hold the valve in place. Let the can sit upside down for a few day to let the patch glue dry fully. Hit it again with the same patch glue and let sit until dry. When its dry. Fill the can with air from a air compressor.

Now the issue I ran into when I tried this were obvious. If you put to much air into the can it blows out from bottom. Next issue it that because I was using just air. It was not the best pressure.

But There are a few more ways I have thought of that would work much better then that one experiment.

You can build a PVC pipe can type device.. Which it better then using a old normal spray can that you popped. Because you actually build a paint spraying device your self. which lets you to use PVC pipe end caps for the top and bottom of the device. As well there are a lot of super strong plumbing adhesives you can use to hold it together and air tight.

The only issues with this idea are.

1. A actuator. You will need to use a spray cans actuator that you cut off a empty can, and have properly sealed so you don't get leaks from the top and can still push your cap.

2. You will need to figure out where you want to put your air or gas feed valve. That you could build from any number of air compressor attachment. It may soul like a lot of work but when I get some time I will build one. I know it will work as long as I get past the actuator issue.

One more thing. IF YOU DESIDE TO TRY TO BUILD YOUR OWN COMPRESSED Canister of spraypaint. Don't forget that essentially, your building a hard plastic bomb filled with paint. If it bows up. You could get hit with a lot worse then just paint.But more then likely the seems will give out of the PVC will crack. Thus the reason I say use PVC over metal pipe. If you over fill a metal pipe and it popped well a few things could happen. One being it turning in to a fucking missile. lol

YEAH YEAH.. I know I sound crazy. I am. I ate lead paint chips when I was a baby.

Good luck if you try it.

ok got another question.... and dont let this one out fuckin 12 ounce sluts.... anyways, ive seen those things you can buy to basically do what your saying to a can but without puncturing it, it clamps on to the valve, and then you pour the specific amount of paint/liquid into the little tube thing, and you pump it right thru the valve, it works, on any can pretty much or so ive heard, but these things are like 150 bucks... so im wondering,,,,,,, is there anyway to get one of those cheap refillable spray cans from lowes(that you fill with paint and pump yourself) and then just connect the valve of the refillable can with the valve of a throwaway can? just wondering if anybody has tried this... im pretty sure it would work..

I would build one just to say i did it. As I have one type before when it was balls deep with snow out side. The can I refurbashed failed after a few uses and I knew it would. Bit it did work for a little while. If I build the PVC version. I really dont think I would use it much, nor is it practical. I think the only reason anyone else would want to build there own can would be the same as the reason I did. ( To have a perfect color match to oil based roller paint. ) But honestly as far as fucking with cans much, I personaly rather just mix paint the old school way. Fuck I think Im the only one in my area that still does that shit.

Anyone else out there still mixxing there own blends? Or mixxing up those scraps up to to condence there can laod? I like to mix my left over thick paint with stuff that's thinner. Like most hunter greens and navy blues. So I can get some nice different shades for outline colors.

ok got another question.... and dont let this one out fuckin 12 ounce sluts.... anyways, ive seen those things you can buy to basically do what your saying to a can but without puncturing it, it clamps on to the valve, and then you pour the specific amount of paint/liquid into the little tube thing, and you pump it right thru the valve, it works, on any can pretty much or so ive heard, but these things are like 150 bucks... so im wondering,,,,,,, is there anyway to get one of those cheap refillable spray cans from lowes(that you fill with paint and pump yourself) and then just connect the valve of the refillable can with the valve of a throwaway can? just wondering if anybody has tried this... im pretty sure it would work..

I have read this a few times and dont really know what your talking about.

I would build one just to say i did it. But I really dont think I would use it much, nor is it practical. I personaly rather just mix paint. Fuck I think Im the only one in my area that still does that shit.

Anyone else out there still mixxing there own blends? Or mixxing there scraps at least?

I still mix scraps, Only when needed though.

Just so I don't have too much shit in bag.

these questions get stupider every day and they say you kids are the future SMH and why the hell would you even want to make your own can just buy one or steal it.

What the fuck are you talking about?

^^

THESE.

LOL WUT?

Honestly, What are you talking about?

Why are you gonna buy that shit when you can just use mixing caps?

You're over complicating things.

OK, seeing as you brought up the Valspar. I will give you my take on that paint. Over all not the best paint nor the worst. Some of the colors are good. But you will never get as much coverage then with say Rusto or even some Krylons. Infact, your looking at about as much as 20 to 30% less coverage per can on average in comparison to a Rusto thats the same color. But that dosnt mean the paint isnt good enough to use. I have used it before and I will use it again. The best colors I have used so far. I will keep to myself. lol

Spend your own time finding out which ones make the cut. But With that said.

In short. If you have nothing else to use, Then this paint will do the job. But dont expect it to go to far. So grab one extra can per color then you would normally if you where getting my personal fav, Rusto

Also ALL OF THE valspar american tradition paint i have used. Every can I used SUCKED and is not worth even a buck a can.

Drrusto.jpg

oh i was just trying to say like... if you get one of t hose refillable cans, then you can refill it a bunch of times with thinned out paint or whatever... so it would be a lot cheaper, but im wondering if you can just transfer that paint thats then already pressurized into the refillable can into an old empty can... might work? plus you could get dope ass new colors, even spray acrylics, and see the color before hand.. just a toot

Archived