Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All oil based paint, is rejected from a surface that is to wet. Some do better then others at cutting threw mosture depending on the quilty of the paint and the actual level of mosture on said surface.

Rust-Oleum actauly was originally introduced as a paint made for covering over rust on boats, back in the early 20s. So its not surprizing a brand that's formula was initialy designed for separating water particles to cover rust and metal works better then a brand like Valspar, which we all know is a lesser quilty brand in comparison to rusto. Not to mention was not furmulated for such tasks. But with that said. I have used both Valspar and Rusto at the same time on metal that was wet or had just condensation. They seemed to proform about the same. But yes the rusto took less effort to apply to the surface. But not that much better.

i dont mind valspar so much on a primed surface, i usually let out alot of pressure though. i just happened to see a reefer that was stamped so i didnt wanna pass up on it and i figured id try it out.

though to be honest i prefer valspar silver over rusto silver just because the rusto is so hard to cover

i already posted it, and it didnt go well....

but the problem was i used it on a reefer and it had ridiculous amounts of condensation and valspar is kind of thin compared to rusto/pt/aa so it ran alot. im sure it would do better at a daytime freight spot with a hopper or something, which ill do this weekend.

the valspar has nice colors, whenever i use it again ima let alot of pressure out of the can and i wont use it on a reefer anymore, only boxcars, hoppers, etc just nc it ran so much. not to say that rusto doesnt do the same thing, but i was just more comfy with the rusto.

but like i said i like valspars silver over rusto silver anyday its alot less thick and easy to cover

Archived