Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the way i see it , the market is wiiiiiiiiide open in the u.s. for a cheap , good color, good coverage spray paint to take over ..its ashame a group of writers with good credit [lol]

and a solid business plan cant get it together and do it..i was looking at some "blubber paint"

http://www.blubbercolors.com/ .... shit is crazy overpriced though..

basically we are all fucked ..forced to pay thru the nose for european paint [unless your a

primadonna...no names] ..or search for old krylons or rustos that may not even work ..

Injury, its Motip-Dupli that makes the German stuff. Two guys had the idea, paid for Motip-Dupli to produce it(and rip off spanish MTN), then distributed it on their own (L & G Distribution). I've since heard that the paint company bought the company out from the two partners - for a decent sum as well, after they saw the success of the product.

The reason its in so many art stores is they sold to a distributor here who has his foot in the door with a lot of those art chains. Dupli-color here is a Sherwin Williams product.

Very good points though. Plutonium G will never make it here because it is a domestic paint being sold for more than the much better imported products. I think they are going more for the art market and consumer segment, but they seem to have overspent for the packaging they're using. It was like they had a good idea, but went in the wrong direction with it. It just costs too much and isn't readily available enough.

ironlak...so far not a very friendly company imo ... and i used that paint in 30-40 degree

weather and it was spitting like crazy ..not impressed with that at all ..i used watery ass krylon in the 20's and had less problems [but that was the 90s of course lol] ..

but in the grand scheme of things ironlak is the move..price/quality wise ..

I dont get why people keep saying rusto is changing for the worse. All I use is usually rusto, the PT has nice colors and you can get female caps now from trout and even the stock tip is something akin to a decent fat cap.

I havnt tried Ironlak yet, but from what I read and hear from people its a pretty solid paint for a good price. I plan on trying it when i get my money right. I doubt I'll ever rock the mtn or montana, 5+ a can is too expensive for me to order when i can just go grab some PT, AA or rusto. Same for Belton.

I figure if I use ironlak for anything it will be a few colors supplementing my rusto, so I can get some nice colors. Though from what I read and hear, ironlak actually tries to listen to the consumers about anything they need to work on which is a great thing for us.

agreed lazrs. i'm not sure what dudes are talking about either... shit is still good to me. but what do i know.

i used to live in ohio, and out there there was rusto, aa, old pt, even old krylon if you knew where to go, for days. the selection was crispy. i knew heads out there who would even then paint with fancy stuff just cause they could get it, which didnt make a lot of sense to me.

then one time i finally gave in and got a few cans of PG (played myself...womp) and used it for a memorial wall and some other pieces.

it came out fine but i probably won't do it again, just cause, in a way, i like having limitations. i'm also colorblind, so i feel bad buying rainbow paint when i can't see half the colors anyways :o . in a way, american paint picks the colors for me. har har.

then again, i know dudes that won't paint unless they have lak or belton or MTN or what have you. this shit is all kinds of flavors now, it's up to you in the end.

yea i can dig it, i only know of one store in the city i live that carries montana, and its 9 bones a can so ill never buy it. rusto/pt and aa have all the colors and work with all the tips i need. if i can still catch up on some ultra flat krylon ill use it, im down to my last can of ultra flat black and im hesitant to use it.....

Some Valspars or good. Most are not so good. You never get as much coverage even if you have a good solid Valspar color.

this^

basically in my experiences any paint ive found to be a little "watery" and "okay" on primed walls wont be worth its weight in scrap metal on a freight with a not so perfect paint job. you could probly get away with it on those whitesides but not much else.

Archived