Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I usually do it the other way around. Travel and then ship paint home, but either way.....

Don't ship media rate, they are the ones that get inspected the most, because it is abused all the time. You can legally ship paint if it does not go by air, ie only ground shipping. If you are shipping overseas, people do it, and it does go through, but you are not supposed.

I agree with shnitzel and that is to try local paint, bringing it back to experimentation is always fun.

Has anyone tried mailing paint?

I was thinking of sending to the destination in advance because I can't take it on the plane.

Was thinking of packing it real tight and saying it's media mail with USPS.

Anyone had any experience with this?

In 2007 on my trip to Louisiana I bought about 4 cans of Montana Gold and just packed it in my suitcase. They were fine when I got home. But I suggest ground shipping just in case..

• 1 month later...

I'd give it a runtime of 3 months, tops. Make that 1 month for pink and purples. I did a commissioned mural with Ironlak browns that turned grey after 3-4 months. They shouldn't have been so stingy so i could buy MTN 94. That stuff is indestructible.

• 2 weeks later...
09fe7d3e591d11e2ac7c22000a1f96a8_7.jpg

Kolour by ironlak

haven't heard much about it? anyone know what its like?

see my post from 18 months ago

just tried the new budget Kolour Range from AVT (the makers of ironlak) really fuzzy nozzle came with the can but witha NY fat on it it came out pretty nice ( I only used the black) but my mate used the violet and mint colours and they were also good.

I would use it it's basically 2nd's quality ironlak I used the four cans I bought and never touched it again. Although it may well have changed.. haven't seen it at any paint stores lately

ok guys, I live in far Canada, only things around(less than 30-50km) are a Canadian Tire, a Wal-Mart and a Dollarama.

With these three stores, what's (in your opinion) the best paint I can buy, considering the ratio

price/quality ?

There's like 50 brands at Canadian Tire, and I don't even know if wal-mart or dollarama sells some, just listed them in case

thx

Female Rustos still on the shelf?

i wanted to start this thread to inform and to get some info from peeps wo may already know...

as of today, ive found at my local baltimore home depot that some rusto cans still exist with a female valve, and i know alot of you may say who cares now that we have the sekt and wing tip adapters. But its ice to know you can still rack some originals...

now, the only remaining cans( i have found) are all the rusto "camo" colors, the high temp,white and black laquer, epoxy, and the field liners which are 600ml with the female valve....

my question is has anyone tried the field liners, high temp, or laquer?

somehow while working on a saturday i came across a box of 4 rusto flat blacks with the female valve...i was like, shit, i thought these were extinct!...grabbed me some rusto fats and ny thins and had me a time of it...i have no idea where they came from or how they survived being as its been a couple years since rusto switched to male valves...

anyone else out there have anything similar to share? im going to "pick up" some of those field liners this week and see what they all about....unless someone knows something i don't....

thnks.peace

I apologize because I haven't been allowed in Canada since 2005, but last I remember, there's a terrific brand of silver at Canadian Tire. The top lid looked like american Plasti-kote, with a sort of curved ridge at the bottom. Colourvision is another brand I was highly impressed with during my Canadian visits. They had a rad indigo color I bought a case of to bring back home.

If you don't mind it fading away after a couple months, Canadian Tire had an excellent Undercoater tar black that worked well with fatcaps.

Re: Female Rustos still on the shelf?

now, the only remaining cans( i have found) are all the rusto "camo" colors, the high temp,white and black laquer, epoxy, and the field liners which are 600ml with the female valve....

my question is has anyone tried the field liners, high temp, or laquer?

Camo colors don't fill very well in my experience. Instead of a uniform color, you wind up with a patchy fill where you can see all the spray lines.

I've never played with Hi Temp colors other than black, but it's more of a shitty dark grey, and covers horribly.

The Lacquer is pretty much the same as regular rusto, with maybe slightly less opacity. It lasts forever though. Probably ideal for freights.

Epoxy also lasts forever, but it has an incredibly long dry time. I was painting at night once, on metal, and had to come back very early in the morning. It had at least 6 hours drying time and it was still very sticky.

Archived