Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow I found it the opposite. what was so bad?

you were using the V touch cans? did it have the ***** rating on the can?

Thecolours I've used were sweet except the blacks with a new yorker sprayed a hollow circle rather than a dot. and the yellow is fucking horrid

used

verde cologno good

Rojo Madrid - good

negro - good except the issue above

violeta -great

amarillo claro - fucking rubbish

the thing that was a bit crap was that marker tags showed through on the yellow and the red

ScreenHunter_320Aug230947_zpsd4f0d803.jpg

I picked up some Erica, magenta, poison green and Arctic blue for forcefields. I will say the shit covers, but there is absolutely no fine control with that valve, even after letting pressure out of the can. Plus it's dusty, no matter what cap I used it gave me fuzzy lines. You said you where using a NY, was that a fat? Because it doesn't take NY thins, one of the only reasons I even used the old hardcore. Even for hands I doesn't flare it just kinda blows out, shits a disaster for what I wanted it for. Maybe I will paint a dresser or something.

yes NY fat was what I was using on the first piece.

I hear you on the dustiness- that is definitely an issue

ScreenHunter_320Aug231103_zps30e225ba.jpg

using cyan for outlines was not good - the red is 94 that I used to try and hide how messy it ended up with.

I was going to give up but at 7 a can it would be a waste to walk away.

Just realised how bad my fades are :D

Walid you're the expert on the export /repco paint side of things have you come across any that is really high pressure?

I got a bunch of those ultrawide nozzles but they just make a mess using exports.. need to find higher pressure so more paint escapes the nozzle

Nah, the most pressure I've ever found was in a can of aeroskills, which is out of production these days.

I can't say I've come across any export/Repco paints that are more pressurised than other colours.

but there is absolutely no fine control with that valve, even after letting pressure out of the can. Plus it's dusty, no matter what cap I used it gave me fuzzy lines.

I have to say, I had the same issues. I used a few greens and purples, and while they do cover pretty well, I had to fight them to get crisp lines the whole time, even after reducing pressure.

that sucks you guys had bad experiences regarding the MTN HC2, i've had the nothing but good experiences with it. Coverage is amazing and the high pressure makes short work of filling in. I've used the black, akari red, calcutta orange, guacamole green, various blues and purples, and all had very strong crisp lines using both the stock banana cap and fat pink dots. Other skinny caps didn't give such clean lines though, which makes me think they were designed for cans with lower pressure. All in all, it definitely isn't for small/finely detailed work. Some other low pressure paint would work better in that situation.

FWIW, Lately I've found that Clash when used with those new AP skinny caps gives me some really sharp skinny lines, super sensitive valve. 69 Violet, clash yellow, coppola violet, pesto green, bile green all gave good results.

Quick question to all you paint saavy cats...since you cant do the sticker switch at the H Depot no more, I wanna know what are some good cheap cans? Im used to gettin rustos for a buck bit that aint possible no more, so I just need something for bombing, throwies, tags. Nothin serious like a piece or burner. im in the u.s. If that helps in pointing me in the right direction. I recently tried quick color with a new elmers fat cap and the shit comes out skinny now wtf I noticed they aint made by rusto anymore too..

found a GREAT online cheap paint site...sets of 6 for 12 bucks....sounds good to me cept the cheap brands offered are: SPRAYNGO (made by derusto) and Touch N Tone cans (also made by derusto) think ima try em touch n tone cans. they cant be any worse than the new quick color im guessing and for 12 bucks for 6 cans i aint got much too lose...now to find good caps for cheap cans cuz i know cheap cans are quite troublesome lol

I just assumed it was the high altitude here in Denver, but I wasn't terribly happy with the new MTN Hardcore 2. The paint itself was fine, aside from some weird show-thru bubbling when I tried to tighten up some lines, but I've had the same problem with MTN 94. Annoying, but nothing as bad as Chinese paint bleedthru. The problem I had was that I could not get a sharp line until the can was about 3/4 empty. NY Fat sprayed like a dusty blob. Astro fat = dusty blob. Universal cap = dusty blob. It's like no matter what you use, it sprays like a stock tip until the pressure is seriously reduced. I really like MTN paint, but this fussy valve is being marketed to us like old timey snake oil. It's supposed to be all purpose, but really serves no purpose. The old Hardcore valve sprayed wide, but at least it was predictable and clean. It looked fantastic with a NY Fat, which is more than I can say for the new valve.

wish they would bring them out in Aust.

love the idea of just doing a big chisel tip tag and outlining a piece.

Walid you're the expert on the export /repco paint side of things have you come across any that is really high pressure?

I got a bunch of those ultrawide nozzles but they just make a mess using exports.. need to find higher pressure so more paint escapes the nozzle

You wanna get a handful of the ghetto blaster caps. super fat chisel tip spray pattern.

male cap so no good on export/dulux but killer on an Ironlak/Reload and other female cans

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The fact that they don't have any colors with really unstable pigments helps, I'm sure.

The valve is the same as Ironlak. The paint seems similar in terms of drying time. I can wipe it away with acetone effortlessly, just like Ironlak. I have to guess that it's Ironlak in a throwback can. If that's what you like, then you'll be happy.

Archived