Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How are you packing them so they don't rattle?

And how many have you shipped at a time?

How much did it cost?

Unless you're shipping euro paint with the metal mixing balls and pop a magnet on the bottom, you can't stop it from rattling. Normally, I pack each can individually with bubble wrap and fill the loose space with newspaper, or packing peanuts if i have them. The idea is to prevent the contents from shifting as much as possible. When they have room to roll around is when you start to have problems.

I've only shipped out a handful at a time, but received shipments of over 100 cans. If you're running a mailorder, i believe you have to ship spray paint as ORM-D, which is a regulated material you may or may not need to pay extra to ship.

Of course, shipping old cans has its own set of problems. Age could weaken some part of the can, maybe a minor defect in the seam crimping or the valve spring. You never know. I always insure cans over 10 years old, or make them shipping safe by removing the propellant with a drilled hole in the bottom, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived