Illustrator

dosoner

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think i like illustrator less and less the more i see of it.

i don't know if it's cause i'm just mad that i'm too lazy to learn it, or if i'm just so sick of seeing all these cookie cutter illustrations, but one way or another, i'm over all of it.

all that stuff diggity posted is cool but it's so plastic and souless... i dont know, i just have no real use for it.

...i'm feeling seeking on the tired illustrator look...i learned it, did some stuff...and wasn't really geeked on the look of the finished product...i still prefer pencil to papes

..that shit diggity posted was hott tho

The key is to take it out of illustrator print it, work it by hand put it back onto a comp. ad a little more illustrator, print it add more none computer generated

material and keep at it.

if its strictly made on a computer i hate it because i can pick out every filter

brush, effect used. if something combines hand work with computer it makes

the work have a little more mystery to it. like how did he do it?

with computer generated shit you can make a road map of exactly how its done.

and thats why i hate it.

Illustrator is almost a must if your a designer, but as far as art goes, not many people stand out.

It's the same with the airbrush. Some people are bad ass, but most pump out crap.

I think to many people are into the VH1 70's retro crap illustrations.

like AW mentioned it is a must if you're a designer... I personally enjoy the results that it gives, it is an awsome tool, as far as art... never been too good at that so couldn't really say anything worth mentioning... then again I haven't been using it for too long, so my opinion might be different a few years from now.

yeah...

don't mind me, just slacking off at work.

Originally posted by colt45oe800@Mar 23 2005, 10:56 PM

The key is to take it out of illustrator print it, work it by hand put it back onto a comp. ad a little more illustrator, print it add more none computer generated

material and keep at it.

Rinse. repeat

Originally posted by Boar103@Mar 26 2005, 02:48 AM

illistrater...

there is no excuse for such a gross misspelling of the word 'illustrator' when it's written across the top of your web browser.

fuck graphic design, you need remedial english.

seeks/no, i have nothing constructive to add.

Funny thing is, I don't like it myself.

The only things the client insisted on, was that I use the font Eurostile

& that it be on a black background.

But it turned out that they became limiting factors.

I have no academic traing in Graphic Design & have only being working

with illustrator for 2 years, though in a limited capacity,in work.

So basically I used the job as an opportunity to experiment with the 'stock' effects that come with the package.

But yeah I know what you mean "dead", its good, as in doesn't look to amateurish, but it still looks like it belongs on the side of an Energy Drink bottle.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived