alien VS. predator>> the movie

Pfffffffffft

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

man that damn "i have such sights to show you" was the worst line in the movie....fuckin hellraiser steez right there...

my favorite line in the movie is "im back motherfuckers.....O SHIT"

sorry weapon, never saw the original thread, but good to know others stay up on the movie tip

PG-13?? with the use of latex, robotics, and computer you would think they would go all out. i want gore damn it. i hate soft core horror movies. why the hell is moore's 9/11 R rated? did bush walk around naked in the film?

man, if you havent read up on the story behind this, it is understandable that you would be sceptical..

i was a huge fan of the comic series and the games...

basicly the movie is about the comming of age for teenage preditors...to become a man they must journey to earth where they have this temple built to attract aliens..then in the temple they must fight millions of aliens till the last one is dead to finish the task of manhood to become a hunter preditor.

humans are used to breed the aliens.....I think the movie will be awesom! and they have been writing this script for years..they dont want to fuck up.

Originally posted by shape1369

man that damn "i have such sights to show you" was the worst line in the movie....fuckin hellraiser steez right there...

my favorite line in the movie is "im back motherfuckers.....O SHIT"

sorry weapon, never saw the original thread, but good to know others stay up on the movie tip

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. That line coupled with the scene of Sam Neill getting his eyes torn out, hence crushing his dreams of perfect reconciliation with his wife, is probably the best part of that movie. Much better than some guy floating through space cursing, which in itself is not that bad.

I'm a huge Hellraiser fan, too, so you aren't going to convince me with that arguement.

visually i think the best scene is when sam neil grabs laurence fishburn and gives him glimpses of hell. albeit very short frames. there was a lot of detail put into those. if u watch that part on slow mo ull see what im talkin bout. and cmon now...the line is almost verbatim

hellraiser: "We have such sights to show you!"

event horizon: "I have such sights to show you."

cmon now... im jsut sayin i found when cooper shows up back at the ship quite a bit more entertaining than the hellraiser rip off line.

and remember, im not knockin the movie at all, i love it, i own it, i just wish they had left that line out...

also, its not the crushing of his dream about reconciliation, its about him turning himself over completely to the ship. by givin up his eyes. he seems to lose his last sense of reality, ie the later line "where were going, we wont need eyes"

iono but the character i liked the least was justin...iono why, but he annoyed me...

Pitting together two of moviedom's most terrifying creatures in the same film is a brilliant move from a studio eager to resurface dormant franchises.

In 1979, Twentieth Century Fox released director Ridley Scott's "Alien," which was hailed by critics and audiences worldwide as a seminal work of science fiction. The film's success spawned three more adventures in the saga: James Cameron's "Aliens," David Fincher's "Alien3" and Jean-Pierre Jeunet's "Alien Resurrection."

In 1987, Fox introduced another creature from outer space, "Predator," directed by John McTiernan, produced by John Davis and starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, about an invisibility-cloaked extraterrestrial warrior that wreaked havoc in the jungle. "Predator 2," set in the urban jungle of Los Angeles, followed two years later.

"Almost nine years ago, just for fun, I came up with an idea for an Alien/Predator film," Anderson recalls filmmaker Paul W.S. Anderson. "Then, I was at Sundance with my very first film ["Shopping"], a European, independent film, and I thought I would never get to make a movie like 'AVP'."

Fox, however, had been planning a similar project for years, but wasn't able to find the right story. "Putting humans in the middle of the maelstrom really ups the stakes in an Alien/Predator battle," says "AVP" producer John Davis. "Over the years, I had heard story pitches from over 40 writers, until Paul approached us with his take. His story really drew us in."

Anderson's idea was to set the story on Earth, in contemporary times, and would take place between the events of "Predator" and "Alien."

"Fox is trying to make the movie and they called me in to talk about it," says Anderson. "I basically pitched the same idea I'd been thinking about at Sundance [eight] years earlier. And this time I got to make it."

Years earlier Dark Horse Comics originated the idea of putting these two alien races up against each other in a popular franchise of comic books called 'Aliens vs Predator,' which eventually spawned video games as well. Anderson's original story - he apparently copied and pasted 40 pages of unfilmed material from the original Alien's screenplay into the new movie - was loosely based on the video games, which followed scientists in the far future on a distant planet who experiment with Alien eggs in an effort to attract Predators to come there as a hunting ground.

But with the collaboration of Shane Salerno (cowriter of "Armageddon") the story now centres on billionaire industrialist Charles Bishop Weyland who gathers an international team of archaeologists, scientists and security experts, led by environmentalist and adventurer Alexa "Lex" Woods, to investigate a mysterious "heat bloom" emanating from deep under Antarctica.

What they witness 2000 feet below the frozen surface is a pyramid bearing a mixture of Aztec, Egyptian and Cambodian cultures. Inside the pyramid they find a matrix of chambers so technologically advanced that it becomes obvious that an extraterrestrial influence has been at work there for thousands of years. The chamber walls reconfigure unexpectedly, trapping members of the team and cutting them off from their colleagues. Moving from chamber to chamber, the horrific truth finally reveals itself: Predators have been keeping alive a captive Alien Queen who lays eggs at 100-year intervals. Young Predators warriors are tested by fighting the Alien offspring. The team stumbles into the middle of an incredible rite of passage and a war between Aliens and Predators.

Agreeing to call the film "Alien vs. Predator" (instead of "Aliens vs.

Predator" which is the name of the comic book and video game franchises), the producers readily hired Anderson to direct the project. "In addition to being a talented filmmaker, Paul is the ultimate Alien and Predator fan," says Davis. "He's seen the original 'Alien' and 'Predator' hundreds of times, and he can recite virtually every scene by memory. The way to make an exciting movie is to begin with a director who's passionate about the material and has to do it. Paul had to make 'Alien vs. Predator'."

Casting was an easy process. The character of billionaire industrialist Charles Bishop Weyland was written for actor Lance Henriksen, a veteran of "Aliens" and "Alien3." "Alien" film fans will recognize the character's middle and last names: "Weyland" derives from the Weyland-Yutani Corporation, the multi-national conglomerate that sent the Nostromo on its ill-fated voyage to retrieve the Alien in the first film; and "Bishop" is the name of the android played by Henriksen in the second and third Alien installments. "Weyland made his money in high-tech industries and he is the father of modern robotics," says Anderson. "So when the Bishop android is created 150 years later [in the timeframe of "Aliens"], it's in the image of his maker."

Henriksen, the first actor hired, was a little reluctant initially. "Paul Anderson called me, we met, and he literally told me the whole story - how he envisioned Bishop, why he was so important to the film," remembers Henriksen. "I never expected to return to this universe, but I couldn't resist Paul's enthusiasm and knowledge of the Alien and Predator films."

Another franchise link, this one to the original "Alien," is found in the character of Alexa "Lex" Woods, the explorer, adventurer, and environmentalist. Rumours circulated that Anderson would hire girlfriend Milla Jovovich (who starred in Anderson's "Resident Evil") in the role, but scheduling conflicts with the "Resident Evil" sequel made that impossible.

The studio and filmmakers auditioned hundreds of actresses for the role which eventually went to Sanaa Lathan after a lengthy audition. "I auditioned for the film about a week before I got on the plane for Prague, and two days later we were shooting," Lathan recalls.

Despite the similarities between Lathan's Lex and Sigourney Weaver's Ripley, the actress insists there are also important differences. "I didn't build Lex to be a copy of Ripley," says Lathan. "Lex is very strong, like Ripley, but that's where the comparison ends. Lex is an environmentalist and a loner who finds herself in an incredible situation and realizes she has a strength she never knew she possessed."

Other cast members include Italian actor Raoul Bova ("Under the Tuscan Sun"), who portrays Sebastian De Rosa, an archaeologist pursuing a buried civilization in Antarctica; and British actor Ewen Bremner as Graeme Miller, a chemical engineer who is brought onto the team to calculate the age of the ancient structures.

Production on the film began in October of 2003 in Prague, and wrapped in February of this year.

Anderson wanted to make the creatures as "real" as possible - which meant keeping the computer-generated effects to a minimum and using the talents of Creature Creators and Designers Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff, Jr. and Visual Effects Supervisor John Bruno. Approximately 70 percent of the effects are physical. "Today's audiences are sophisticated and can sense the sometimes 'unrealness' of even the best CG," says Anderson. "We wanted audiences to accept that these two powerful creatures are going head to head. And the best way to do that was for real."

Several of the Alien and Predator performances were enhanced by radio-controlled animatronic heads created by Woodruff and Gillis. Depending on the requirements of a given scene, animatronic Alien puppets, cable-operated Aliens, or an Alien suit (occupied by Woodruff himself) were used. "If the creature were shot from the waist-up, or just glimpsed in a scene, I was in a suit," says Woodruff. "But for specific actions like the Alien's tongue striking out, animatronics were employed."

Just as Woodruff donned an Alien suit for several scenes, the lead Predator was played by 7'1" Ian Whyte, an ex-professional basketball player from the United Kingdom. (Kevin Peter Hall played the creature in "Predator" and "Predator 2.")

Now the question remains: Will "Alien vs. Predator" spawn a new franchise? At a recent Comic-Con International in San Diego, actors Henriksen and Lathan let slip the word "sequel", so the battle continues.

if u seen alien 2 you know whats up with this movie....predator is dirty...he got skillz...the alien doesnt have skills....they just your joe smho aliens and have some sick alien powers and what not....i dunno who would win....first thought is predator though...and like i patch said its only rated pg-13 what the hell is up with that...i wanna see some gory crazy shit...i dunno the ratings makes it seem kind of weak for a movie based on that...

I don’t think xenomorph blood is as bad as human blood. I mean, they’ll think that a human getting his head cut off is unfit viewing for children, but an big costume freak getting cut into pieces and put through a woodchipper is cool, because his blood is green.

Maybe.

I remember anticipating this movie since like grade 3. But I can guarantee this movie will suck. Terribly. Just another money making scheme on two franchises that they know will draw people in. RE: Terminator 3.

On a side note, Predator is the best alien/monster/villian in movie history. He better win.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

On a side note, Predator is the best alien/monster/villian in movie history. He better win.

True, except there's another one who's even better than the Predator...

The Alien.

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Xenomorph

http://www.planetavp.com/amr/films/a4/inta95.html

^ read the first couple of paragraphs of this one. Really, I hope that a “PrAlien” is in the movie.

“It's just not an alien or predator movie without bloody chestbursters, gushing head wounds, torn limbs, decapitations, eviscrations, skinned bloody corpses, blood spattered delerious victims, gritty foul language, etc.

Predator 1 and 2 could not be PG-13 even today.”

^ quoted from some dude in a spawn.com messageboard. He is quite right.

Some other points made were that why go pg13 when it’s obvious that the majority of the fan base are at least 20 and older.

I understand that green blood is rated differently than red blood, but still, Alien and Predator movies both had much human gore in it.

Yo, you know how if the projector messes up or something while you’re watching the movie, they give you a courtesy pass for a free showing? Well, I’ve got one of those, but I’m wondering if that will work for a showing of AVP if it says ‘no passes’ next to it in the papers. Anyone know?

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by El Mamerro

There will be a PredAlien in the movie. The director has confirmed it.

I'm gonna have to retract this statement for the time being, because I can't for the life of me find where it was I read Paul Anderson confirming it. But I'm pretty damn positive I read it.

I'm curious if the cattle angle will be in the movie like it was in the comic.

And If it's like the original comic... we already know who wins.

(it's all about that warrior code from Predator2)

Archived