FOR REAL NIGGA KILL YOURSELF

MEROJUANA

Guest Pilau Hands

it's really no contest.

cam's wearing a football jersey that's too big for him. also his hat is tilted to the side.

meanwhile, the bol on top is shirtless, wearing a vest with lime and olive green diagonal stripes, which looks like it's made out of nylon. his hairdo looks like a camel chewed and spat on the back of his head for a while, and he decided he should leave it that way.

if you had a magic wand that shrunk clothes 3 sizes, and straightened hats, cam'ron would look "normal"

the only way that same magic wand could help the other dude out would be to set him on fire.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by seeking

basically, if you try fronting on mero, it's cause you don't know mero's steez. if you did, you'd just laugh.

the difference between hipsters and dumb kids in fubu gear 5 sizes too big, is that those kids dont walk around with nearly the amount of pompous self rightesousness as the hipsters. hipster kids actually think they're intelligent/cool/attractive/better than everyone else.

tey're both stupid in their own ways, but hipster kids are a whole lot more annoying to me, cause they're 50x's more jdgemental.

I aint fronting on mero, actually i laughed my ass off while reading this thread...my reply was directed to Theo's 'white people' remark.

Originally posted by TheoHuxtable

Seeking explained it a bit better.

But what is a scenester/hipster? Or is there a difference? Are they ravers? What type of music do they generally listen too? Are they just the mainstream pop music MTV trendy crowd? What is their overall purpose? And why do they all have those gay poses where they stare out in to space away from the camera as if you're supposed to think they're cool?

hipster/scenester = same thing. kid's that are all about looking 'cool' acting 'cool', going to the 'cool' places, all the while under the false guise of not actually 'trying'. they try to find dive ass little bars filled with old men who hate them, then invite all their little hipster friends there and act like they've been going forever. then, once other people start showing up, they'll bitch about how 'trendy' it is, talk shit about the rest of the hipsters and the whole process starts over again. there is absolutely no loyalty or actual friendships, everyone is vain and self important. basically, just think of the 80's, then imagine people doing all that shit on purpose, even though they should know better. cocaine and cheap beer are big with hipsters, as are pain killers and parliment lights. anything 'ironic' is cool for hipsters. ironic mustaches, 80's rock shirts, expensive prada shit made to look like they came from the salvation army. basically, hipsters spend all their time and effort trying to look exactly like eveyr other hipster, all the while bitching about how everyone and everything is so trendy it makes them want to vomit. if you're a hipster and you have a mullet, it's hot. if you live in a trailer park in akransas and you have a mullet, you are to be mocked and ridiculed. it's such a thinly veiled excuse for self confidence, its disgusting. hipsters musical choices are just like everything else in a hipsters life. there are a whole bunch of bands that are 'cool' and very hipster. anything that sounds like 80's 'new wave' or droning british rock (think the verve, but recorded in a garage on a 4 track) is cool. any band that begins with 'the' (the hives, the vines, the white stripes, the strokes, on and on and on) are 'cool'. then, on top of that, there is also the irony factor. pretty much anything that was cool in the 80's now cool again. hair metal, bubble gum pop, top 40 rock (boston, journey etc). finally, for some unknown reason, some present day top 40 rap is also cool with hipsters for some strange ironic reason. it's perfectly ok for a hipster to like jay z and 50 cent. the more cartoonish the better. not all of them will of course, and some might even make fun of eachother for listening to it, but this just makes them all cooler in some twisted way. the listener is cooler because he's doing something 'different' and the hater is cooler, because he's hating. it's a strange super hero/super villian kind of relationship.

anyway, that pretty much sums it up i think. if i left anything out, please fill in the blanks.

as a final word on how hipsters differ from cats that dress 'rap'. both look equally like clowns, IMO (although indeed, alot of hipster girls are pretty effing hot) but there is not nearly as much back stabbing and vanity bullshit in 'rap fashion'. those cats will be your friend for you, not cause you hang out at the cool bar, or drink the cool beer (which literally, is how superficial the whole scene is). from my personal experience, i'd rather hang out with folks that dress like clowns, but have my back through good times and bad, than someone who looks 'cool' but splits as soon as i get a bad haircut.

theo,

if you happen to go out looking for hipsters, print this out and take it with you. it should prove to be fun for days.

seeks/spending way too much time on shit that dont matter.

i agree with fuck y'all. there's no such thing as hipsters, there's no such thing as scenesters. just people with good style and people with bad style. unfortunately sometimes people who are cool get labeled as hipster/scenester. it all depends on the person i guess, but i don't care enought to think about this.

Originally posted by MEROJUANA

http://www.clubbang.net/03-15-03/BANG-25.JPG'>

YO THE LATE FEE ON THIS BITCHES HALOWEEN COSTUME HAS TO BE FUCKING ASTRONOMICAL, YO MA, YOU LOOK LIKE A FUCKING STUPID IDIOT BITCH THATS STUCK IN A TIME WARP, HANG YOURSELF.

http://www.clubbang.net/02-01-03/BANG-08.JPG'>

IN 30 YEARS ALL THESE WILLIAMSBURG BITCHES WITH TATOOS ON THEIR CHESTS ARE GONNA BE OLD AND ASHAMED THAT THEY HAVE "L'AMOUR EST DES FLOCONS D'AVOINE" TATTED ON THEIR CHEST WITH GUNS AND BIRDS AND FAIRIES AND SKULLS AND STARS, AND THEIR KIDS ARE GONNA BE EMBARRASED TO GO TO THE BEACH WITH THEM

buahahahaha! these two comments almost made me spit my coffee out.

hilarious shit mero.

by the way i think what seeks said is true, but its true today, as it was with hippies, disco, punk, new wave, hiphop, alternative, and yadda yadda...

the social phenom that you are describing is just the assimilation of culture...

from city to suburbia...things become hot, people jump on board and then a new fad comes along...

i think in 2004, and years proceeding has been the williamsburg look...however this also sort of a sweeping generalization...

fashion and culture, music and art is like the snake eternally devouring itself...

and also the personality trait that you touch on is that of an asshole...

characteristics such being an asshole and having empty relationships have more to do with people then with trends and maybe if you saw me with leather cons and kaito shirt and blazer on, you would probably be swift to react, but considering our previous outings i dont think youd consider me an asshole....well not a complete one.

one time i was in traffic, and this guy ran a red light to get to some traffic that was stopped up right on the other side of the intersection.

i leaned near his window and said

"go kill yourself shithead!"

he was too shocked to respond.

it was pretty funny.

on another note, i'm convinced that my lack of a cell phone will keep me safely from any designation of 'hipster' or 'scenester'

WHat an awesome, awesome thread...

Merojuanna, I used to hate you.....now I'd unsheath my sword and gladly join you in a decapitation strike on downtown S.F. any friday night.

Seeking....that was by far the best....no, the apothesis of hipster definition and the whole social dynamic that is the trend. Bravo.

roe,

i agree that most of these traits have always been present, but i think they're getting worse as time goes on because people are starting to feel a whole lot more alienated from eachother as a whole. when that starts happening, they automatically start getting more and more insecure, so they latch onto more false shards of security, ie: 'scenes'. and while anything could be considered a 'scene' i suppose, kids that skate together, or play video games together, or play frisbee golf or whatever the hell you want, are going to be a whole lot less concerned with their image, and a whole lot more genuine, than someone who's whole world revolves around being down with what is 'hot' a the moment. that's what differentiates 'scenesters' from any other social clique. rap kids that wear pants 4 sizes too big will still be doing that in two years, you can count on it. punk rock kids will still give themselves anarchy tattoos and use the little metal pieces from bic lighters as filligre for their jean jackets. 'hipster/scenester' kids though, will follow whatever trend happens to be hot at the moment, and they'll have absolutely no allegience or alliance towards anything other than trying to be 'cool'. i mean, if you had told me 5 years ago, that mesh trucker hats were going to be the hottest fashion accessory two years running, or that neon green asic's wrestling boots were going to be considered 'sexy', i'd have laughed at you. but here is, 2004, and here they are, sexy as all get out.

wrestling shoes are actually trendy??? i saw someone post some in one of the shoes threads, but i thought it was a joke... god... i hope retardation isn't contagious.

i was actually talking w/ a friend awhile back about how, these days, the defining characteristic of people seems to be the music they listen to.. whereas 40-50 years ago.. it was what you did (ie... sports, books, etc). not that it was necessarily good that you had limited number of pigeonholes that people would put you in, but i think it makes more sense to do it on what someone does, than how they present themselves, and leads to a larger pool of diversity than you'd run into these days. and no, im not a pot head.

Archived