::::Bad Religion Appreciation thread::::

Intangible

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

I'm with you without really being right there though.

As much as i liked BR as a youngin, i clearly felt growing unfont of them after a certain age, 19 most likely....for the most part it has to do with their corny ass ethic preaching lyricks.

Same goes with lagwagon, pennywise and all these dudes.

From that era i can only still listen to misfits and ramones.

they just came out with a new cd, so usually there is a tour to follow if i'm not mistaken. the new stuff ain't that bad, i haven't heard it that much though. there is so much music i have yet to get, beasties, wilco will probably be it.

My formative years were litterally shaped by Bad Religion. Graffin's lyrical work (that is his blatant estoerica) is what made me go into the culture studies field. Lame, I know. Unfortunately they've gone downhill a bit since, and this is disputable, Recipe for Hate... and yes, they STILL tour.

High points in my BR lifetime:

'88 (at age 11) getting Suffer on tape and listening to it for 3 weeks straight.

'89 getting beat up because of the matching shirt.

'94 literally bumping into Greg Graffin in Ithaca. He goes "Pardon me."

'95 the only time I've seen them live. Loss of points for being pretty damn boring though.

Somewhere between '92 and '01: finally undertanding the encyclopeadic vocabulary in full.

Tesseract's right though... if you've got to listen to anything from the era it's East coast=Misfits, West=Bad Rerligion... that's all you really need.

Archived