bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I just spent $300 on new wheels. booooooo!

Well at least now I can go faster, my rear wheel

doesnt wobble, the tire isn't burnt flat......

Looks like BigKey is eating rice this week.

a coworker of mine has a bike hes trying to get rid of and ive been thinking of taking it off of his hands. its a soma with a black frame. dont know what year it is but i would guess late 80's. any one know if it would be worth giving him 50 bucks for it?

I have a bike.

it is an openroad .. 1970.. schwinn frame... i assume this will help..

I don't have the front rim/tire etc.

I need 26" 1 3/4th's size. they do not make these any more. They do make 26" 1.75 size... but apparently that is not the same thing.. anyone know where i could find a rim that is the size i need?

Originally posted by c3po

a coworker of mine has a bike hes trying to get rid of and ive been thinking of taking it off of his hands. its a soma with a black frame. dont know what year it is but i would guess late 80's. any one know if it would be worth giving him 50 bucks for it?

Soma makes decent frames... especially for $50.

so i just received my new wheelset for my old school bianchi. my question is: should i go ahead and buy a new cassette? the wheel is compatible with shimano 8/9 speed, but i dont know if my old cassette will work. im going to the bike shop here in a few to get some tools and what not. so hopefully i will answer my own question tonite.

Originally posted by DESTROY90

Anyone know what which bullhorn bars are good? or know how should i cut my old bars to make them into bullhorns?

IMO bullhorns are something you either love or hate. Not something you get into because all the cool kids are doing it. It's a different ride and makes stopping a whole new ball game... especially if you're hitting the hand brakes. If you have access to a pair of bullhorns, that you can borrow... give a try and see how you like 'em first. At least before you go and drop $50 on a pair. I prefer Nitto Keirin track bars over bullhorns. A more comfortable ride. Though again... it's just my opinion and what works for me.

Profile makes a decent bullhorn bar... I think it's called the Airwing and it's about $40 or so. Syntace makes a similar bar for about $50 or you can get crazy and go with the new Visiontech bar for $70... I think. Maybe $80. But trick as far as bullhorn bars go. And I'm pretty sure Nitto makes a bullhorn bar for about $50 too.

I'm actually in the market for a new fixed bike so I'm searchin' around for a good... nah, skip that... great deal. If anyone hears of one, let a brotha know.

...instead of curving down, around and back, bullhorn bars curve up and then stop short...so they look like a bull's horns...the manufactured ones usually have a slight bend in them for your hand to fit...but you can make ghetto bullhorns by just cutting a standard bar and flipping it upside down...i know people that love them and people that hate them...

ahh, thanks..ive been thinking about looking into maybe mountain/trail bikes, for riding on the side besides bmx. i think it would be fun as fuck flying through the woods taking big drops and stuff like that. i mean, i do it on my brakeless 20inch now, but i think it would be nice to have another bike for that.

...and in case anyone cares...i ride a fuji 7005...not too fancy, but it gets the job done...i've been wanting to build a fixed for a while and just haven't done it yet...before i got this i used to dig for old bikes at thrift shops, fix 'em up, and then ride them for a while till i sold them to somebody else so i could start all over again...i love bikes...

cloner...what do you want to know about brakes?

eyeforaneye...there are shitloads of old roadbikes at garage sales for under $20. I'd avoid pawn shops and the like...they seem to think the bike is better than it really is. do you want to put paniers or something like that on it or are you just gonna use a bag? fixed gears are super low maintenance but its not for everyone. don't get a huffy...look for old schwinns, treks, motobecanes or bianchis.

Originally posted by SteveAustin

eyeforaneye...there are shitloads of old roadbikes at garage sales for under $20. I'd avoid pawn shops and the like...they seem to think the bike is better than it really is. do you want to put paniers or something like that on it or are you just gonna use a bag? fixed gears are super low maintenance but its not for everyone. don't get a huffy...look for old schwinns, treks, motobecanes or bianchis.

I just plan on using a bag. I'm just sick of using the train to get around.

Thank you for the info