bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by porque

...and in case anyone cares...i ride a fuji 7005...not too fancy, but it gets the job done...i've been wanting to build a fixed for a while and just haven't done it yet...before i got this i used to dig for old bikes at thrift shops, fix 'em up, and then ride them for a while till i sold them to somebody else so i could start all over again...i love bikes...

dude what happened to the mountain bike... you use to rock that was way small

well the cross bikes have come in and they are set up and they are fucking rocking... i'll get pictures up soon i forgot the link to my digi camera. but i was riding today and my candy sl pedal fell off.. came right off the spindal...

first cross race next sunday oct. 3rd... get ready for a lot of race reports i can't wait

cross it

Originally posted by SteveAustin

what kind of bike?

all I've ever worked on is mountain and road ish.

a good general maintenance book on mt. bikes is zinn and the art of mt. bike maintenance. not sure if there is a bmx version.

so whats not working with them? is it tension on the levers or the brakes rubbing on the tires?

honestly, everything. i just got so mad i ripped em off. when i buy new brakes, imma get a hold of you somehow and youre gonna have to help me.

Originally posted by cinnamon toast crunch804

dude what happened to the mountain bike... you use to rock that was way small

...you mean that silver thing from wal-mart?...it got jacked from my front porch...luck had it that somebody abandoned an old road bike outside my work right after that...the rest is history...

Originally posted by Joker

IMO bullhorns are something you either love or hate. Not something you get into because all the cool kids are doing it. It's a different ride and makes stopping a whole new ball game... especially if you're hitting the hand brakes. If you have access to a pair of bullhorns, that you can borrow... give a try and see how you like 'em first. At least before you go and drop $50 on a pair. I prefer Nitto Keirin track bars over bullhorns. A more comfortable ride. Though again... it's just my opinion and what works for me.

Profile makes a decent bullhorn bar... I think it's called the Airwing and it's about $40 or so. Syntace makes a similar bar for about $50 or you can get crazy and go with the new Visiontech bar for $70... I think. Maybe $80. But trick as far as bullhorn bars go. And I'm pretty sure Nitto makes a bullhorn bar for about $50 too.

I'm actually in the market for a new fixed bike so I'm searchin' around for a good... nah, skip that... great deal. If anyone hears of one, let a brotha know.

Yeah, I had a pair of syntace bullhorns on my bike for a while... then I switched to track bars and liked the feel better

Richard Virenque retired from cycling today. It'll be weird not to see him in the mountains during the TDF.

Also, Tyler's B test on his blood sample from Athens came back as non conclusive. So the IOC had to drop it's charges against Tyler. The A test still stands though. And his reputation is still on the line. I'm sure he didn't dope it up but this has really hurt him as a professional.

Looks like Heras is set to win a third Vuelta as well. Watching (reading is more like it) the race on Eurosport.com. Nothing but hills today...

Start winter training in a few weeks. It'll be nice to get back on the bike. Haven't even touched mine forever.

Keep us updated on Cross season Steve and Cinnamon! Cinn... you still coming out to Portland at the end of the year?

Right now I have a 20" Diamondback Nitrus, it's got a smaller back TIRE (not rim) and it accelerates hella fast. I love that bike. I would cry if it got stolen.

I used to have an older Schwinn Predator, white, with black mags, I also loved that bike to death, but of course I was 10 and I thought it would be cool to take it apart and spray paint the frame black, I never got around to it... My dad was throwing it away one day and he's like you sure you don't wanna keep it? And I said yeah I threw out the mags with it too I feel so dumb now...

for riding track, i feel like its easier to skid if you have bullhorns. i messengered on them for a minute and liked the way they rode, but drops look just so damn classy. i dont think id ever go back.

Originally posted by porque

...instead of curving down, around and back, bullhorn bars curve up and then stop short...so they look like a bull's horns...the manufactured ones usually have a slight bend in them for your hand to fit...but you can make ghetto bullhorns by just cutting a standard bar and flipping it upside down...i know people that love them and people that hate them...

Originally posted by EarMuffs

im guessing this is the biggest hipster thread

Yep. Guys who wear spandex and shave their legs. It's the hottest trend right now. Next thing you know, bicycles will be on tv... in commercials and shit. Kids will be doing it. Celebrities will be riding around on bikes. That shit will be played out at that point. Man... I hope riding bikes doesn't catch on.

If you're looking for the hipster thread... try Metal Heads. I'm sure there's a thread in there somewhere that talks about using only stock caps...

Originally posted by Joker

Yep. Guys who wear spandex and shave their legs. It's the hottest trend right now. Next thing you know, bicycles will be on tv... in commercials and shit. Kids will be doing it. Celebrities will be riding around on bikes. That shit will be played out at that point. Man... I hope riding bikes doesn't catch on.

What if bikes got as played out as monkeys... :hatred:

some pretty sick riding this weekend. saturday went and rode these fullpipes at this junkyard..chased out by dogs. headed up to this bigass bank to wallride tore that shit up for a bit. then i found this building that had the foundation dug out around it and the little bit of dirt that was remaining almost built transition up to the wall..so after a few minutes of handy shovel/shoe work i built a perfect transition to the wall. needless to say i was blastin wallrides outta that thing so high, like 12 or 13 feet up it was sick..if its still there ill try and get some pics. sunday returned to the fullpipes and rode them for a while..didnt get kicked out, just tired. retired home and worked on the bike, nut and bolted everything to ensure it would ready for the next ride with no work.

well first cross races of the season over the weekend... all i have to say is i have a lot of work to do... i did too much partying the last month and i payed heavily for it... im just praying to the cycling gods that my season is not done with before it's even started... here are some pics of me and the new ride... the frame should be ready to race this up coming weekend..

http://www.buffalo2step.com/2004%20Cross%20Pan1/men%20a/images/IMG_0066.jpg'>

http://www.buffalo2step.com/2004%20Cross%20Pan1/men%20a/images/IMG_0078.jpg'>

http://www.buffalo2step.com/2004%20Cross%20Pan1/men%20a/images/IMG_0106.jpg'>

dude that beat me.. i finished 2nd

http://www.buffalo2step.com/2004%20Cross%20Pan1/men%20a/images/IMG_0133.jpg'>

http://www.buffalo2step.com/2004%20Cross%20Pan1/men%20a/images/IMG_0233.jpg'>

http://www.buffalo2step.com/2004%20Cross%20Pan1/men%20a/images/IMG_0234.jpg'>

http://www.buffalo2step.com/2004%20Cross%20Pan1/masters_juniors/a/images/IMG_9671.jpg'>

that's my dad 53 years old and beat every 45+ guy out there... he's hard as nails and keeps me in check all the time.

the new bike is amazing...

mm, this weekend i did some fun riding. hit up these trails and had a big bonfire and rode there all night got wasted with some people back there and chilled til the wee hours of the morning. nothing better than fall trail sessions. sunday i went and rode the fullpipes as usual, but alone, because the kids i rode trails with the previous day had to return home. howeeeeeeever, today i randomly met this kid who rides and we're gonna go ride this weekend coming up. am i the only one who rides a bmx bike in this thread?

(i'd post in the bmx anyone? thread but its dead as fuck and you guys are all in the know about bike shit)

Originally posted by trackstand

What happened Steve?

You know...I'm not really sure. My mechanic basically said that the splined insides were the problem. It won't stay on the BB.

I've decided to shun splined and return to square taper. I've never ever had a problem with those cranks...plus they are immensely cheaper.

nice flix cinn. your dad looks like one of the big bosses in my office. kinda weird.

cloner...I think most of the guys with cutters sigs don't ride bmx...but I know there have been people that do ride them posting in here.