bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I used to ride back when I lived in Italy. Even saved up enough money to get a custom made bike when I was 14. Anyways, Im starting to get a belly so Im gettin another bike.

Actually I stole it off a bike rack. Im poor, so it works. It was chillin and rustin away missin a wheel. Alittle tlc and a new owner wont hurt none.

Originally posted by H. Lecter@Aug 27 2005, 11:58 AM

Anyone into  trips / touring?

I'm planning a few cycling trips and am interested in stories /experiences as well as

any preperation or maintinence tips~Websites, books , etc.

Particularly, I'm going to do a  Netherlands tour in November.

I'll be going at Holland(Noord&Zuid), Utrecht and Zeeland provinces,

making a few detours to do some trails.

I've found some excellent dutch language guides, sites and maps,

if anyone is interested in any of them, let me know and I'll link.

Also anyone has anymore links of cycling maps of anywhere,even in any romanesque-latin language (English,French,Spanish,etc.) please let me know~

Lonely Planet makes some nice cycling books that I've seen~worth a recommendation.

however there is none for my particular and immediate points of interest, BeNeLux & Japan.

They have "Cycling:.." France,Italy,Britain,Australia,New Zealand,Ireland,Vietname/Laos/Cambodia and WestCoast USA editions.

Since no one answered or even acknowleged my post,

I've answered it myself and posted the results for those interested..

Anymore additions from any region still very welcome..

-

Great link for Dutch, and international (european) routes~>

Fietskaarten.nl

In Dutch language, but there are many images, which are the focus of the site anyway.

You can buy rare/hard to find maps on the site as well..

It's links include details of treks and tours all over,

but focusing on BeNeLux and the immediate regions of the neighbouring countries..

~~>Another great site filled with FREE book-worthy information

-

CyclingAroundTheWorld.NL

Great site of a crazy dutch couple who went around the world on bikes~

check out the links too, they're well connected in the "online trekking community"

(English language site)

-

Point-to-Point Route Planner for Biking in and across the Netherlands

-

JapanCycling.ORG

has routes and information regarding independantly touring Japan on bike~

~~>detailed course descriptions link

Other Japanese cycling/touring sites

OutdoorJapan.com

-

-

-

-

DSggC00864_small.JPG

DSC00074_small.JPG

DSC00054_small.JPG

DSC00011_small.JPG

DSC124_small.JPG

DSC823_small.JPG

photos courtesy of DownTheRoad.Org

Thanks symbols~!

I've actually used Go-today before too~

Great experience with them

Did'nt know about the bike tours though~

They've got some nice trips to choose from,

even Belgian and Netherland tours~

I might book a quick trip with them, even if it's a side to my independent trip~

Packages as short as 3 days, and they're all "Land-Only" so it's super flexible to fit

into any itinerary~

much appreciated!

-

SteveAustin- Do you mean you've made treks before?? if so, where? & what've you to say about it?

None of my friends,anywhere, are into this shit like me..day trips,ok..but city-to-city, no one is with it.

but anyway, I think I'd prefer to ride alone anyway,atleast for the first big trip..

--

I haven't done any reports this year but the racing season has come to a close, for the rodies, so I figured I'd drop a little note to let all know how it went.

Start of the season sucked. First race was a two lapper on a 26 mile course... or something like that. I ended up rolling in on my own due to a bout with a cold the week before and not being able to train. A stage race after that went really well. Ended up 8th overall. Several crits went really well too. Many top ten finishes. Lots of solo breaks for myself and plenty of riding like a maniac at the front to catch breaks for my team leader. Now wins for the year though. Well, I worked my ass off during a few races that handed my team leader a win so I guess that kinda counts. All the hard work paid off...

Was upgraded and just recently got signed to a new team. Sponsored by a sports therapeutic company that's locally (Oregon) run. From messages, therapy and medicine to bike fits and orthotics. I'm set. Our bikes are Felt which seem pretty good. Rudy Project helmets and glasses. Northwave shoes. And lots of other little goodies. My training has to step up a notch but I'm okay with it. It's worth it.

September is my month off from cycling so I plan to rest and rest well. Hope everyone has had a great cycling summer and stays safe out there.

Attn. Guru's of all things Geared:

The victim is a 75 Schwinn Suburban, suffering from a bent handlebar.

It's an upright handlebar and a couple of inches after the stem she's

bent downward slightly.

::Keep in mind i don't have access to a vice::

My initial inclination for bending it back is to- remove the bar and slip a

pipe over one of the grips for leverage and lift while i stand on the center

of the bar.

Do you have any better suggestions for me?

signed,

Hungry for Feedback

• 2 weeks later...

im not sure what one you are talking about. i ride a 03 pista concept that is matte black, but the regular pistas came in a black at one point as well.

either way i would tell you to get it, im more than happy with my bianchi, its fucking great.

although i have been drooling over many old school track bikes latly, im wanting somthing from the 70's era.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by AREANKAY@Sep 15 2005, 08:28 PM

Cookie-Cutter.gif

ha, that shit is the fucking truth.

i shouldnt hate cause at least these people are riding bikes, but i think id go nuts if every third kid in my photoshop class had the exact same overpriced, TIG shitty welded, bound to be stolen and/or crashed within 2 months bike as mine.

and whos got me for a cyclocross frame and fork? 60 cm and steel