Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest HESHIANDET

bicicletas

still empty handed

Does anyone know where I can get a new hairnet? Old school italian style. They still make them in Europe somewhere. I just can't seem to find'em. Hit my e-mail if you have a lead. Thanks.

I have a GT Vertigo its color is seafoam and black. But why the fuck are BMX bikes so heavy now days. I used to have a mongoose from back in the day before you could buy the from target and i could pick it up with one finger (and I'm pretty weak). So does anyone know why current BMX's weigh so much?

I was just wondering the same thing. I swear I used to have a 17 lb Torker. I'm guessing its because of the trick factor. who uses a bmx bike just to race anymore. they've gotta hold up to the abuse.

i ride a phat ass hutch from 1984.... sun big city barely leagal wheelset, profile cranks, fbm forks, headset, and handlebars. pimppin old skool.:spin: :spin:

Cinnamon... thanks for the race reports. Sounds like your early season is off to a good start. Keep the reports coming!

In keeping with the trend...

Joker's forst race report of the season -

Two mile loop on mostly flat course with a slight false flat on one side. Seven laps. I raced the 4/5's because I haven't been training hard enough to go with the 3/4's. Anyway - guys all line up for the start, about 25 of us. Three guys from a new team and four guys, including me from my team. The rest are unattached. The ride starts off at a fairly easy pace for the first three laps. In the middle of lap four I decide I need to do some more work to sorta ride myslef into the race instead of being pack fill. I attack on the false flat and get a good 50 meters ahead of the group. No one chases me down and the group seems to staying their pace. I stay out on my own for half a lap before realizing it's retarded to be out there by myself. I ease up and wait for the group to catch me. I sit in till lap six and do the same thing. Again... no chasers. I try to stay out on my own till the end but I burned myself up about 300 meters from the line and watched almost every guy pass me. I had nothing left to even attempt to sprint. How sad is that? 300 meters from the line and then die. Someone had to be laughing at me. I finished 18th. I was kinda sad at first but on the ride home I felt pretty good. It could have been worse considering the amount of training I haven't done. And being able to attack definitely made me feel good about racing again. And hopefully it'll spark interest in another rider when I do it again next week.

Areankay... I can't believe you got that frame for only $45! Setting it up as a TT bike or fixed?

i ride a cannondale road bike.

- racing 500. it's red with yellow vittoria 700x23 tires.

- shimano parts

- clipless pedals

i also have:

- old chrome GT mach 1 bmx bike

- small red schwinn cruiser

i'm currently building a track bike using an old Guerciotti road bike frame.

joker good stuff... atleast you went for the break and now you know what you need to work on. just think if you started the break 300meters later. cycling is a crap shoot esp. crits

i raced last weekend in morganstown west virginia i did the collegaite mens A race 66 miles. i felt good i did a bit to much work early in the race and finished up 11th out of 28starters. my result wasn't great nor was it bad, im just kinda happy that im able to finish these longer races this early in the season

on suday was a 4mile look ciurit race 6 laps.. two guys broke away off the gun and road half the race alone till one died out and the other guy soloed the second half of the race. i just stayed in the pack as "pack fill" and didn't do much work but on the last lap i worked my way up to the front of the pack and on the last hill before the last turn i was right in front and going around the last turn i was 4th in line it was a hundred yards uphill to the finish nothing too steep but i stuck it out and didn't pass or all anyone to pass me so i ended 5th. pretty happy with the result.

im leaving tomorrow to go to virginia tech for a the hardest road race yet and an ultra fast timetrial on sunday.

i qualified for collegaite nationals out in berkley CA, as long as i can get one of my finals moved im heading out there. may 9th - 12

there was some major suffering that went on.... i was happy to finish i ended up 11th out of 35. the race was 66 miles long with "the wall" a steep steep steep climb we had to go up 6 times....

then today was a 25K timetrial.. i didn't stick around for results

i'll try to get some pictures up in a few days

only 2 weeks of classes and then exams.. and im done... i can't wait

I doubled up this weekend. I think I finally have my bonking problem solved. Water just wasn't cutting it. Endurolytes and accelerade are getting the big thumbs up from me. Race report coming later.

Originally posted by Joker

Cinnamon... thanks for the race reports. Sounds like your early season is off to a good start. Keep the reports coming!

In keeping with the trend...

Joker's forst race report of the season -

Two mile loop on mostly flat course with a slight false flat on one side. Seven laps. I raced the 4/5's because I haven't been training hard enough to go with the 3/4's. Anyway - guys all line up for the start, about 25 of us. Three guys from a new team and four guys, including me from my team. The rest are unattached. The ride starts off at a fairly easy pace for the first three laps. In the middle of lap four I decide I need to do some more work to sorta ride myslef into the race instead of being pack fill. I attack on the false flat and get a good 50 meters ahead of the group. No one chases me down and the group seems to staying their pace. I stay out on my own for half a lap before realizing it's retarded to be out there by myself. I ease up and wait for the group to catch me. I sit in till lap six and do the same thing. Again... no chasers. I try to stay out on my own till the end but I burned myself up about 300 meters from the line and watched almost every guy pass me. I had nothing left to even attempt to sprint. How sad is that? 300 meters from the line and then die. Someone had to be laughing at me. I finished 18th. I was kinda sad at first but on the ride home I felt pretty good. It could have been worse considering the amount of training I haven't done. And being able to attack definitely made me feel good about racing again. And hopefully it'll spark interest in another rider when I do it again next week.

Areankay... I can't believe you got that frame for only $45! Setting it up as a TT bike or fixed?

yeh i did it up as a fixed gear, i actually paid $125 but i still think thats a deal basicly ebay is my new freind

Well, i got my new mountain bike about a month ago. 2003 specialized enduro comp. Its got a Pyslo on the front and a float rl on the back, hayes hydro's, mavic 223's, the compo group is a mix of house/lx-xt.

It rides so sweet, climbs like a dream for havin 125 mm and 136 mm front and back respectivly. To bad I won't be racing WIM series on it. Great bike to drop though, since I got it my drop ieght has changed from 4 feet w/ good landng to 6 feet with about any reasonable landing.

I just tuned my vintage (78?) Masi. Love that shit, it is sooo pretty. The lugs on that thing are amzing, all hand made in Italy. Need to get a old vintage jersey to go withmy old school cycling caps.

Spade... sounds nice! I know there's some online store that sells tons of viintage jersey's but I'm at a loss for the name right now.

Race report:

Same course as last race but more guys, rain and raced in the opposite direction. The start is your normal start... slow and everyone getting comfortable. A lot more team riders in this race so tactics are being played all over the place... on the first and second laps. Which was weird to me. Lap four was a points lap and since I had no intention of even trying to place, I figured I'd put sme work in for my team mate who told me earlier that he wanted to place in the top five. So on the back side of the course, in the headwind I make a break for it. Not an attack just work my way to the front and put the pressure on. The 25 mph stroll was too easy on everybody so I get to the front and pull like a madman. The group stays on my wheel but unfortunately... I dropped my man. After the points lap I sit in and recover and work my way to the top five guys for the final sprint. About 400 meters from the line I'm in good position and waiting for the right moment. All the way to the right is a group of guys pounding the pedals for the line. I take off from behind the guy in front of me and go. I end up getting 8th in the sprint. Though for the overall I didn't even place in the top 15... which was kinda wierd to me since I would receive points for finishing 8th on the final sprint. Oh well, no biggie. It's all just for fun anyway.

I had a point to point race on Saturday and the standard lap system on Sunday. No real exciting specifics, but one of the guys I have a rivalry with is starting to freak out. I was either right on his wheel or in front of him for the majority of the time. On Sunday he dropped me on a huge climb. I'm starting to get my legs and lungs back. Once I start riding regular again, I expect to seriously hurt him. I've started taking endurolytes about an hour before the start of the races. That combined with a bottle of accelerade seems to be the perfect match. Last week I got 9th. This past weekend was 8th and 11th. I start my regular commute next week. Looking damn forward to it.

Joker and Cinn...sounds like you guys are doing alright. Keep it up! I'm going to start doing hill climbs.

im glad to see that everyone is out racing... it's finally spring here..and im loving it and with only 2 more weeks of class summer for me is just around the corner with nothing to do but ride my bike and work...

im going to san fran and berkely cali for collegiate road nationals.. it'll be my first time on the west coast... i can't wait

I don't know why but i was thinkin bikes are alot like society. Reliable, predictable, and mechanicle.

sry bout the spelling.

Steve... if you haven't been training on the regular and you did that well in you race, you're going to be a monster come summer.

Cinn... congrats on your upcoming trip to the west! I wish I could come down and cheer you on. We'll have to get Dibs out there with one of those huge foam fingers, cheering you on.

Well, I haven't been out since my crit on Tuesday and I have another one this Tuesday... I need to get back into my regular regimine. I guess the race officials noticed the results were wacky and placed me correctly. I finished 7th out of 29 riders. Now if I can just do that well in the crit on Mother's Day when the points really count...

Originally posted by Joker

Steve... if you haven't been training on the regular and you did that well in your race, you're going to be a monster come summer.

I sure as hell hope so. I had a rough winter and found it really difficult to get out with any regularity. Got everything figured out and I'm motivated and back on track.

I was reading some Hammer nutrition stuff about protein. According to them I need to be taking in around 95-120 grams of protein daily. This is kinda hard to obtain via a diet and they're pushing product, but still...a lot of the info explained why I was having certain symptoms. I'm definitely going to up my intake.

Anybody know of anything going on in Boston around the first weekend of June? I might be in town then and am thinking about packing the racing whip. Oh yeah....#1000....figured it belonged here.

Steve... where did you read that info? I've been noticing that on rides I tend to bonk at the top of the third hour... even with food in my belly. I've been using that Enervitine drink and eating a cliff bar on my rides. But on the home stretch I always lose power. I thought about looking into some e-caps or something but then I'd feel like an addict.

Weekly Race Report...

Six laps on a two mile flat course. First couple of laps were actually pretty quick and I stayed at the front for the first two. I was feeling a bit shakey and didn't think I would be able to do anything so I figured I'd do some pulling and get a work out in. On lap four, a points lap, things really heated up. Not only did the pace quicken but the pack spread out to what seemed like ten wide. I decided to make a break for it even though I knew I wouldn't hold everyone off. I was only three guys back and I saw an opening to my right, clicked it up two gears and hammered it. As I was going past the front line of guys I could hear a grip of people yelling "On the right! On the right!". When I gave it all I had and decided to sit down and TT it as best I could, I looked back and there they all were, stretched out behind me in a straight line working hard to catch me. I gave in and got back in the pack and recovered. There was no way they were going to let me have top points in that lap, so why kill myself for three points. On the final lap I got into position on the backside of the course... third man from the front. The guy at the front was pulling really hard and the whole pack was strung out into a thin line... even the guys in the back. As we came around the final turn which puts us onto the 500 meter straight to the line, the guy in front of me swung out and took off like the rest of us were going backwards. I did everything I could to ride his wheel but he was way too strong. I clikced up the gears a few more and just hammered it to the line. A few guys passed me up and I finished 9th. Not as good as last week but I'm not complaining. I still need to learn where to be in the pack and how to read the race. But these crits are reall fun!

I have a TT this weekend. Eleven miles, 3.5 of which is uphill. Lowest grade being 10% and the highest being 19%. I'm a sprinter by nature, not a climber but I figured I'd try it out anyway. Any tips Cinnamon for an uphill TT?

joker, I read that from some literature a sponsor provided. Seriously the best product out there.

their website

I can get you a discount...check your email in a few days...gotta work some stuff out first.

jokster, hmm it really depends on where the climb is in relation to the finish. the uphill TT i did was all up hill. if it's at the end then i'd say try not to go latic before the climb a climb that long with that steep of a grade will hurt if have to climb it with legs full of the acid. bring your 27 and don't run a disc and pace your self save some for the top and hammer in the steap sections...

and as i was doing my mine my dad was yelling at me "if youre not suffering youre not working hard enough!"

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now