bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah that is a great jersey. i got a vintage peugeot jersey for xmas from my girlfriend. its got this crazey old, super thick embroidery on the sleeves that say peugeot, its red and white wool. love it. so nice on cold mornings. but that white jersey is untouchable. savin my pennies.

Steve Austin, I have to agree with you on diggin' peugeots.

Hit the first TT of the season, out in no-whereville Surry,VA. 20 miles under 40 degrees with a cold and I'm in well under an hour. Hell yeah I'm happy! More suprised I think. I don't care what place I ended up in.

Howz the rest of the pack farin'?

I just got to the results. The computer that they let customers use at the VW dealership wouldn't let me access the page. It's not as well as I had hoped but it's still under an hour. And given the circumstances, I pleased with it. I'll do better next week.

Yo Cinny, were your boys doin' a two man run or individual?

Look, I hope to see you there. I'll have a Tour de Cure jersey on.

Oh well...

First race of the season starts today and I'm no where near the start line. I'm still out of shape and lacking endurance so I didin't even bother to sign up. Though it may have been good for fitness. I may do the three day, four stage race next month but we'll see how I fare by then. I'm definitely more of a crit racer and those races don't start till late spring. So I may just wait till then.

Been riding quite a bit but just for time on the bike. No real intervals or 'sessions' just yet.

Del, 57 mins in an hour for 20 miles in cold ass weather is pretty decent. Hope your results this weekend go just as well if not better. Same to you CTC...

Dibs - anything ever come of that Calfee?

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by cinnamon toast crunch804

VA is a mess right now... with feet of snow... luckely richmond only got a few inches of sleet but it's still a mess..

you should see philly right now. no riding going on here thats for damn sure.

obviously it depends on whats on the bike in the first place.

usually you get big weight savings by changing:

suspension fork to rigid like tha crunch said.

wheels...rotational weight makes a difference.

cranks...some of those stock ones might as well be lead.

all the other components will just save you grams.

if your just gonna ride it around the city...sell it or trade it for something road worthy.

This could just be race jitters, but I'm freaking out thinking I'm not ready for my road race next weekend. wtf.

Joker, yeah I know what I said above, but sometimes...its easier to race yourself into shape than bothering with "training".

Guest realityblast
Originally posted by theblindpoet

i recently aquired a new aluminum gt zaskar. im not really into mountian biking so what are some modifications i can do to make it lighter/better for street riding. im already buying some slicks but i dunno what else i can do/http://www.gt.dk/gt/images/zaskar_pro.jpg'>

get rid of that piece of shit stock fuck...........americans.

Re: Oh well...

Originally posted by Joker

Dibs - anything ever come of that Calfee?

yeah, um.. lets see, i tried everything short of contacting the popo. got acussed by hoards of internet message board users of being a thief, harrased. called names etc. so yeah i got a 56cm calfee carbon frame for sale, and now i have a cross bike decked out in full dura ace. not the outcome i was hoping for but i think i will survive.

joker did you ever come to town for that show?

Steve... I know. I keep thinking that myself. In the spring time we have thses weekly crits that usually put me in shape within a few weeks. So I feel ya on that level...

Dibs... well, that sucks. Maybe it wasn't stolen from bay area. Could've been from outside or the valley. And dude would never know to check a store in the city. Plus... if dude could afford a carbon Calfee, he probably had it insured and got a nice check. Try and look at it that way.

Yea, I came in but my time was spent mostly with the wife... being a tourist. All the shit I never did when I lived there. Lombard street, China town, Castro, Haight-Ashbury, Hayes Valley, the Pier... all that shit. I did go to the show and hang out for a bit. Then Just195, Persue, Serge, Susan Farrell and I went out for late night burritos at that allnighter in the mission on 16th... the name escapes me right now. Apex, Persue and I did a little something at some wall Apex runs down by CalTrans. Nice spot but the wall we painted sucked and my piece sucked even more. Didn't even waste film on it. Some funny shit though... my boss asked me to run into to this store called Mr. S Leather for him and buy him this cock ring he saw online. So I figured sure... it's just a sex shop, right? He smiles and says yea. Anyway, I get there and it's about ten minutes before they close. I walk in and there's four guys all decked out in some serious shit, super muscular and looking like gay Hell's Angels. When I walked in they all turned and stared at me. I swore the music playing stopped. And for a split second I got this flash of that scene in Pulp Fiction where the guy walks into the shop and ends up in a ball gag. Needless to say I smiled and wispered something to the effect that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Turned my ass around exited. I could hear them laughing their asses off when I left. Hell... I wish I had seen my face because I probably would have laughed too. Reminded me of bombing in SOMA one night and running from the cops and ducking into the Stud bar. Now that was some funny shit. They practically kicked me out.

Working on getting into to this new team here in town. There M.O. is "Yea we race, but we also liek to drink beer." I think I can be down with that...

joker, i will just have to catch you next time your in town, it sounds like you had a good time though, its not everyday you get to walk in on a bunch of dudes dressed down in leather.

spade, did you buy a specialized enduro? thats a killer bike,i have an enduro expert at my shop for demo.such a fun bike,well ballanced.

Yea, I'll be back down again soon. Apex and Neon seem to be cooking something up that they want me to be a part of. Should be early summer.

So the first race of the season up here was on Sunday and I just heard a few things about it today. All I can say is I'm glad I wasn't there. First of all it was pouring down rain. Secondly, my catagory was lumped in with a the next highest catagory due to lack of participants. And when you factor in that a lot of the riders are sand-baggin' for the first race of the year... you have hell on wheels day. Third, every catagory had several crashes. More than any other year combined. Supposedly there was a super strong headwind on one section of the lap and a massive tail wind on the other. Which just bounced riders all over the place. Especially the first-timers. Supposedly it was a brutal day. Yea... glad I went for a soothing ride on my own that day.

Has anyone seen that Bianchi pro comp 2003 pista frame? I saw a guy riding one while I was in San Francisco... oh so nice.

riding outside just isn't even an option right now...

i'll take anyone in a trainer race though, hahaha.

i was joking, but seriously, this yuppie that i occasionally ride with (you know the dude that is a weak rider but has every jersey and a colnago c-40 ferrarri edition?) was telling me at the gym the other day that he has a computer program that hooks into his trainer and he races against real people online... wha!?? it's like a computer game i guess, where your progress on a "course" is charted by the progress of your little character. i gotta see this shit.

Originally posted by TEARZ

i was joking, but seriously, this yuppie that i occasionally ride with (you know the dude that is a weak rider but has every jersey and a colnago c-40 ferrarri edition?) was telling me at the gym the other day that he has a computer program that hooks into his trainer and he races against real people online... wha!?? it's like a computer game i guess, where your progress on a "course" is charted by the progress of your little character. i gotta see this shit.

Three or four of the stronger riders on my team have that compu-trainer. Shits just madd fly. What is it with the Colnago's and dudes that have zero talent or fitness saddlin' them? One of the group rides I attend has three or four of those cats...they're always bringing up the rear.

I'm looking for some new road pedals. Anyone have any preference? I'm leaning towards the Look 357's right now. I don't want to spend a fortune on them.

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by SteveAustin

Three or four of the stronger riders on my team have that compu-trainer. Shits just madd fly. What is it with the Colnago's and dudes that have zero talent or fitness saddlin' them? One of the group rides I attend has three or four of those cats...they're always bringing up the rear.

the fuck you trying to say nigga??!!!

heydrich if you are riding a single speed you already had your wrench out to disengage your wheelset or you have it in your bag use that and your hands stay clean...

if you are riding a geared bike carry a bandana in your rear pocket and you can look like the courier you want to be...

**tho it is a good idea to carry wet wipes they take up no space whatsoever keep in in your wallet like a condom and it makes clean up a breeze and wont crack and get some bitch pregnant.