bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

damn I hate when the tour starts because it makes me want to ride and I have no bike at the moment, might use my works bike to work scheme to get a loan for a bike, but then I am really limited to bikes so would probably have to get a Boardman bike

was thinking of this one, seems a good starter set up

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/road/road_comp.html

Boardman-Comp-400px.jpg

Then again I am also thinking of seeing if I can get credit then I will drop about £1000 on a bike, it has been quite a few years since I last rode road bikes, I am amazed how many have triple chainrings on the front, seems weird to me.

so far I have been checking out Wiggle.co.uk and the bikes I have in mind are

Basso Devil Xenon 2010

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Basso_Devil_Xenon_2010/5360046531/

basso-devil-xenon-2010.jpg

Cinelli Xperience 2010

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Cinelli_Xperience_2010/5360049191/

cinelli-xperience-2010.jpg

or

Pinarello FP1 Xenon 2010

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Pinarello_FP1_Xenon_2010/5360046773/

pinarello-fp1-s-2010-med.jpg

any of you experienced riders have any thoughts on these bikes

If it were me I would go with the Pinarello. Well made bikes that hold their value, should you choose to upgrade in a few years. I have several friends who ride them and they always talk highly. Cinelli makes a great track frame but I know nothing about their road bikes. I've only seen Basso bikes in the sale ads in cycling magazines so I have no idea what they're like.

I read an interview online and he said that as he stood up to sprint he knew he had nothing left and was glad it was over. He hadn't even given it everything he had but it still hurt to keep that average speed for ten minutes. I wonder what his average power output was for that ten minutes? Doing some math... it had to be an average of over 500 watts for ten minutes. Put it this way... I'm an average cat 3 racer and I can hold just over 400 watts for about 90 seconds. After which I need about five minutes to recover. The idea of holding over 500 watts for ten minutes is incredible.

• Like 1

Jesus, I just watched the highlights on Eurosport, the end of that stage was crazy, I dunno it seemed to me that the last few kilometres the course seemed really narrow, it just looked as though it would be impossible to lead out your sprinters in those conditions, but the number of crashes was crazy.

I find it funny that reporters are saying things like "Petacchi has found his form" or "Petacchi is Back!" when really if the other top names didn't crash out Petacchi would have not won the stage. Just sayin'.

Today's ride was long. Still cannot believe I had to wear arm warmers all day today... and it's July. Lots of climbing. Lots of race pace riding. I'm completely shattered.

fist 666...

I think I got the better end of the deal. If you sold that on Craigslist... what would you ask for it?

value is what you make of it, having a great bike that just sits in the basement because it doesn't fit perfectly VS having a piece by someone i've admired for years in my office...

i'd ask 6-700 had i sold it. but probably wouldn't get more than $550, based on the availability of monocogs.

i'm glad you're happy. if you ever get into terrible shape and wanna ride up here let me know.

The stage of the tour today was a bit nuts as well, I would not have wanted to be riding those pave sections, I am quite surprised the tour organisers put those sections in they knew it would be choas, Those sections were also really narrow, after the last few days I would expect the mountains to be a relief.