bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

i had a friend who used to run bear traps. myself, i always ran the primo platforms. but i guess i wasn't riding in the 80's. used to have an s&m LAF, euro BB, s&m pitchforks, s&m slam bars, kink cross bolt stem, 33t premium sprocket, odyssey hazard lites with cassette back 11t. no brakes, primo seat clamp, primo hemorrhoid seat, primo seat post. miss riding for sure.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Cool article.

I think I've asked this question before but I don't know if I ever got an answer, so I'm going to bug you all once again. I have an eccentric rear hub that is currently set up on that overly silly Look 595 fixed gear project of mine. Since the bike has done nothing but sit in my house since I rode it home (kept catching the pedals on turns... bottom bracket too low?) I've decided to take all the parts and components and build up a fixed commuter/utility bike. Something with full fenders and racks that can do double duty, be fun and look somewhat kooky in mostly white. Anyway, the question is... if I get a traditional track frame with horizontal drops will the eccentric hub work okay with that? Or are they made to be used in vertical drop outs? I know, probably a silly question but I have to ask...

ant1.jpg.9eb8b63337c778846c723ae12f271357.jpg

betor1a.jpg.925178a6601a91ea46df3604c893f650.jpg

betoricr.jpg.dd9de9b0710856c603294de29cec9e68.jpg

Oh yeah... if anyone is interested I have a Rapha Rain Jacket for sale. It's a size large, smoke gray color. Vent in the back, taped seams all over the damn thing, pocket in the front that is waterproof, offset front zip which is waterproof, high collar, tight elastic cuffs, long in the back - short in the front, race fit.

Asking $125

Joker - pretty sure the eccentric should work totally fine. The pedals are catching in corners either because the BB is too low, the cranks are too long, or both. Generally on road conversions its best to go with 165mm cranks... short by road standards I know, but that cornering clearance is crucial and spinners are winners!

In other news, my CAAD9 came today. Fuck this money pit of a bike and fuck bikes in general. With that said, I'm starting base miles tomorrow on my CX bike.

bridgestone.

4156996030_d4a2fc6740.jpg

Damn euth, I love Bridgestone keirin machines but how about posting a regular ass driveside picture? Nice bike.

Tip to anyone training around this time of the year: go get buy some vitamin D3! People doing road rides in the summer absorb plenty of it being in the sun for hours, but in the winter not so much, and low levels hurt endurance and make it easier to get sick.

• Like 1