THIS ATKINS SHIT IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF.

ODS-1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The pasta industry has been hit hard. They’re launching a campaign to make people eat pasta again. I love pasta.

The other day, I went into the fridge, and found that my brother had spent nearly forty dollars on some fancy low carb bread.

My question is, how are you going to have any energy to do anything if you’re on the mad Atkins? ‘Cuz chances are that you’re a lazy, fat fuck anyhoo.

I heard those Subway Atkins Wraps are really good, but like most things on their menu, is a rip off and a half because they’re so damn small.

Originally posted by Weapon X

The pasta industry has been hit hard. They’re launching a campaign to make people eat pasta again. I love pasta.

The other day, I went into the fridge, and found that my brother had spent nearly forty dollars on some fancy low carb bread.

My question is, how are you going to have any energy to do anything if you’re on the mad Atkins? ‘Cuz chances are that you’re a lazy, fat fuck anyhoo.

I heard those Subway Atkins Wraps are really good, but like most things on their menu, is a rip off and a half because they’re so damn small.

I plan on eating cheese ravioli for lunch. I love pasta too. Man a hamberger with no bun? That looks like someone found it in the garbage.

The thing with atkins is that the minute you go off it you gain all the weight you lost back and more.

The way to get thin is easy: get most of your calories from the most nutritious foods; fresh fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and black beans. As a coincidence, these foods are all extremely low calorie so you can eat plenty of them without gaining weight.

I know I am going to fuck this up, but oh well, I’ll do my best.

There is a good book out there. Fit for Life.

My girl read it and shared a few key points.

One big one was the fact that carbs and proteins are digested by acids and alkaline. Well the acid and alkaline neutralize each other. So when you eat a huge meal with both carbs and proteins your body sends so much digestive fluid to your stomach that doesn’t get used. You wind up not getting all the nutrition from the meal as much of it will process undigested. So the key isn’t going on a binge of just proteins, its still do a mix of both, but at different times/sittings.

When you go nuts on a big plate of pasta, keep the meat away.

When macking on a fat steak steer clear of the bread sticks.

Be smart.

Seriously.

I'm like 140lbs right now and should be about 10 pounds heavier for my frame and height. I fucking eat 1/2lb of pasta a day and a ton of meat and other shit. Fuck a diet.

On another note, the restaurant I work at has one of those atkins friendly burgers. Guess what fatties, eating that 1/2lb chunk of meat and cheese isn't going to help your monstrously inhuman looking ass get any smaller.

Originally posted by ERIZENO

carbs and proteins are digested by acids ARE alkaline. Well the acid and alkaline neutralize each other.

it is my understanding that the only alkaline ingredients to be found in the kitchen are baking soda and egg albumen.

i just hate hearing the word "carbs" everywhere i fuckin go.

carbs, carbs, carbs.

I told one of my friends what i had for breakfast one day and she was like "Oooh, lots of carbs.."

I felt like smacking her.

instead i just sighed in dismay.

damn fads.

if everyone got a balanced diet and exercied a bit they'd be just fine.

^ are you trying to get me to subscribe?

You making money off of this link man?

Now you know what the crazy shit really is....

Greens+ I dont know if you've heard of it,

but shit is like madness around here. I'm using Transform+ right now

with is a protein shake with Greens+ added.

Crazy feelings man... it's like a vegetable high!

Serious... It's like getting 8 servings of vegetable at once....

and NO ONE should enter the room for a good half hour, 45 minutes.

i'm on it. well sorta, i'm still going through rice withdrawls.

i'm doing it to maintain my weight and not to loose it. i've felt bloated for the past few months or so and this is really helping me out. my cousin on the other hand is skinny as fuck to start with. find out she's on teh atkins diet x 1000 and she is looking concentration camp-ish.

:nope:

yyall need to shut the fuck up and try my diet and exercise program.

its called the Bonus Diet

it consists of eating only boneless skinless chicken breasts and running from the cops. this will get you in shape in no tome.

seriouslyly though you can buy those breasts from price club by the barrel and are high in protein low in fat, and mad tastyish if you know how to cook.

i've gained a lil bit since you last saw me nomadawhat. i know that i dont really need to be on it, but the carbs that i intake are really turning into something bad since i dont work out. plus my daily diet consists of so much carbs that its just adding up to fat and not energy.

my bike has no wheels so i havent been riding at all. :(

p.s. thanks for the compliment though. ;)

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

*wet fart noise*

hahaha...im so sick of this atkins craze too.

my roomie is 'on it'. she bought that coffee

creamer with splenda in it..blach...heinous.

she tried to get me to eat like that...nah!

id rather burn the fat riding my bike.

getting fresh air, and eating right seems

pretty damn good to me. i eat good. I try to

balance what i eat. if i eat meat in the

morning, i eat something with plenty of

veggies in the noon and at night, or vice versa.

plus lots of water to flush it all out,

and keep my insides so fresh and so clean.

:D

hey key3, is that anything like

odwalla's superfood?

here's a link to

Greens+

U guess it is like 'superfood'.

They make a whole bunch of products for various dietary needs.

here's a List+

and as much as some people call it snake oil,

the shit really does make a HUGE differnece in your health.

Especially as a supplement while working out and trying to get healthy.

Originally posted by 23578

it is my understanding that the only alkaline ingredients to be found in the kitchen are baking soda and egg albumen.

I said I was gonna fuck it up. Whatever the chemical the body produces opposite of acids, it’s the concept that’s important not my inability to describe it.

eat smart .... fuck fads !!

Originally posted by ERIZENO

I said I was gonna fuck it up. Whatever the chemical the body produces opposite of acids, it’s the concept that’s important not my inability to describe it.

eat smart .... fuck fads !!

the second part is definately true. the first part is still pretty hazy, i re-read the original post and am still unclear. alkalines are the oppostie of acids. i think you are alluding to some digestive science, i don't know too much about it. perhaps concerning the timing of the body's acid response being different for proteins and carbs.

*************************************************************************************************************************

atkins sucks, my friend is currently on the south beach diet, which is supposedly atkins minus the excess fat for two weeks followed by slow reincorp of low glycemic-index carbohydrates (which are carbs that the body uses more energy to process than straight sucrose (table sugar)). basically just as expensive as atkins and more restrictive, but less permanent and promoting more conscious choices.

So my roomate and I are watching CSI:Miami last night

and the new characters for CSI:NYC were intorduced.

anyway....

there was a news report on which diet is better low-fat VS low-carbs

Now every news story on diets starts with a shot of two blimp people walking.

I say to my roomate 'I bet they dont get consent forms from those people,

so imagine them sitting at home watching CSI and seing their fat asses on TV'.

So to that the roomie says 'Well imagine if the fat dude is having an afair and he's caught on tape'.

So I say 'And imagine just how fat his wife is if he's having an affair with that water buffalo.'

we laughed. CSI:NYC looks freaking BADASS!

Originally posted by 23578

the second part is definately true. the first part is still pretty hazy, i re-read the original post and am still unclear. alkalines are the oppostie of acids. i think you are alluding to some digestive science, i don't know too much about it. perhaps concerning the timing of the body's acid response being different for proteins and carbs.

thats it. its the digestive fluids.

i dont know which fluids digest which item (carb or protien)

But one fluid digest the one, the other takes care of the other.

however the fluids neutralize each other.

so when you have a big hoagie sandwich loaded with meat you wind up with a big mass of both carbs & proteins in your stomach, your body will keep sending digestive fluid to beak it down, but due to the fluids neutralizing each other much of the food will go undigested, and you will not get most out of what you just eat.

where in contrast if you eat just carbs, or just proteins you digest it faster and get more out of it.

so the low carb thing is part of the puzzle, but the way people are doing it is wrong. it should be good meals of one or the other, but dont cut one from your diet completly.

Archived