INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ELSE_KGB@Jan 11 2006, 03:50 AM

I was making ink/mops from rusto bucket paint and thinner back in '89'. Along with dozens of other techniques me and my partners came up with. Now days writers be gettin creative with creating new colors and styles but...... before name brands like KRINK and others were founded let us not forget... Old school cats from the train days use to get down with the home made markers.

Thats original.

TRUE FUCKING STORY

and inferno is just some namebrand ink type thing you get on like bombing science, sorry i dont know about this stuff and never fucked with it

ohhh...well that woudl make sense cause i wasl okign for ner ink adn inferno ink on google and neither would come out now i understand how they're one kid...i saw some on urabndesignz...looked tight...

thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread ive made a list of all the shit im orderign and i got recipes all saved on word im gunna be making a ton of inks soon...thanks guys peace

I remember discovering shoe dye in about '84' or '85'. I never even used to put it into anything. The shit came with a stick connected to the cap that had a felt tip on it (kind of like a cotton ball)..... It was smooth writing and dripped like crazy.

Easy. No pouring. No mixing. No hassle.

2/3 flat white rusto bucket paint

1/3 thinner

a bit of brake fluid

dump in some garvey or any other rally strong ink

basically the same thing as ghetto krink but without the mettalic aspect

it's got a nice smooth color

Remik made a reallllly sick blue color

and mines purple

green would be cool...

Originally posted by i_write+Jan 10 2006, 01:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (i_write - Jan 10 2006, 01:55 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dotdotdot@Jan 10 2006, 01:45 PM

i recently made some fake krink.

just took 1 gas bucket,rusto chrome paint, brake fluid and paint thinner.

it works, but keep the shit outside cause it smells.

no homemade krink will EVER compare to the original.

[/b]

yeah but for a tiny bottel of it +shipping comes to like $23

where this, if you rack most/everything is pretty cheap.

Originally posted by dotdotdot+Jan 13 2006, 06:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dotdotdot - Jan 13 2006, 06:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by i_write@Jan 10 2006, 01:55 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-dotdotdot@Jan 10 2006, 01:45 PM

i recently made some fake krink.

just took 1 gas bucket,rusto chrome paint, brake fluid and paint thinner.

it works, but keep the shit outside cause it smells.

no homemade krink will EVER compare to the original.

yeah but for a tiny bottel of it +shipping comes to like $23

where this, if you rack most/everything is pretty cheap.

[/b]

yeah true, but ive seen some krink where its so thin that theres more drips then the actual tag, making it IMPOSSIBLE to read

thats exactly what it does. it makes your shit dry slower and a teenie but corrosive... this is why u put like two drops up in your ink, so it takes a little langer to dry but itll seep into the surface more if its on an appropriate surface....

its pretty pointless stuff to most.. i only used it like once or twice

What would be the most effective method of thickening an ink mix?

I've got a mix of Sanford Higgins Eternal, some no-name blue screenprint pigment (thick stuff, but it kind of globulized so I filtered most of it out), a bit of Dot3, some Carolina Blue stain (science lab junk) and some ground & dissolved Kiwi shoe polish.

I'm mostly just messing around, but this mix came out kind of strange - it's opaque and fine on cardboard, wood, non-glossy painted surfaces, etc. but on glossy painted surfaces, plastic, and whatnot, it kind of evaporates/recedes into itself leaving a bit of a stain. Kind of looks like when you spill an alcohol or a solvent and it evaporates very quickly.

Can anyone explain what might have caused this, or what I might be able to add to thicken the mix up a bit.

On the cheap I was thinking maybe a few spoons of corn syrup?

how do you open a sharpie? i have an empty one here but cant open the damn thing...i assuime you just poull the colored part thats under the cap off but its not working...do you need like a magnum or chisel tip to do it? cause im using a fine point the classic one

Originally posted by 5iveDee@Jan 15 2006, 04:38 PM

yea I added way too much dot 3 too one of my markers and it would come out tight as shit when I would do the tag, but whenever I would come back to flick it it would be all nasty looking.

yeah man i got the smae problem i just amde my first ink and i used too much alcohol and its way tpo drippy and not opaque and comes out liek dribbly with hoels in it and shit if you knwo what i mean...bascially just not thick enough...

Originally posted by Echo-location@Jan 16 2006, 07:47 AM

What would be the most effective method of thickening an ink mix?

I've got a mix of Sanford Higgins Eternal, some no-name blue screenprint pigment (thick stuff, but it kind of globulized so I filtered most of it out), a bit of Dot3, some Carolina Blue stain (science lab junk) and some ground & dissolved Kiwi shoe polish.

I'm mostly just messing around, but this mix came out kind of strange - it's opaque and fine on cardboard, wood, non-glossy painted surfaces, etc. but on glossy painted surfaces, plastic, and whatnot, it kind of evaporates/recedes into itself leaving a bit of a stain. Kind of looks like when you spill an alcohol or a solvent and it evaporates very quickly.

Can anyone explain what might have caused this, or what I might be able to add to thicken the mix up a bit.

On the cheap I was thinking maybe a few spoons of corn syrup?

have u ever heard of when you make inks, you boil it ? but it makes it thicker and gives off a nasty smell ? i reckon that would be the easiest thing, chuck it in a pot and burn it till you like the consistency ..

Originally posted by EnoEzaf@Jan 16 2006, 08:59 AM

how do you open a sharpie? i have an empty one here but cant open the damn thing...i assuime you just poull the colored part thats under the cap off but its not working...do you need like a magnum or chisel tip to do it? cause im using a fine point the classic one

where the nib is at the top of the marker, its a different color casing to the rest of the marker right ? well pull that thing off .. it should work on all sharpies