Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rubbish heap

INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by those_faces@Sep 4 2005, 04:05 PM

hows indian ink work?

should i mix something with it?

it'll work, but it's not cost effective or permanent. you could add liquid rit dye, but... get something solvent based- look around at some sites that sell graff supplies. if you want to use a water based ink, here's a recipe i came up with to paint with- i wanted an ink i could use in the studio that wouldn't make me dizzy, and still have the same drips and opacity of what i use on the street.

here it is-

2 parts sumi ink (for japanese brush painting- it's cheap and all art stores have it)

1 part black fluid acrylic (make sure it's FLUID)

1 part black liquid clothing dye

a spoonful of powder copier toner (optional, it flattens the finish)

put it all in a bottle and shake it for a few minutes, then let it sit for a bit to let it settle. put it in a clean pen.

you could bomb with this, but if it gets wet it'll fuck up, plus it's easy to buff. also, go back through this thread and look at some of the other stuff people use, if you haven't already.

I posted this elsewhere a few days ago, but it applies better here...

etch bath is hydrofluoric acid. here's a link with info.

RISK ASSESSMENT: USE OF HYDROFLUORIC ACID

i wouldn't use this stuff even if you paid me. and, the idea of someone using it who has no idea how dangerous it is is sobering, to say the least. think about etch being to graff the same way steroids are to baseball- of course, there's short term results, but you know it's wrong... plus, you'll get caught someday, and your teammates won't like you in the meantime since you make them look bad too. it's just better to leave it alone, i can't stress that enough. it's done more to hurt graff than further it, since 90% of the time, it's small business owners who get hit....because, generally, people who etch windows don't care about the rules of engagement, like leaving mom and pops alone. and, it usually costs $1500 to $3000 to replace a plate glass window. that's an automatic felony, right there. so, if i haven't talked you out of it by now, please don't bring it up on this thread again. thanks.

The link works in the marker mod thread, if it doesn't work here.

Etch is for suckers and is SO 2001. Every time I see it I lose respect for the writer that does it.

Also, no hotting up of the thread, por favor. The mods will eat your face off. Stick to ink, and have a nice day.

nuh i wasn't going to make etch anyway. I was just curious on how they make that stuff because it seems complicated.

In that case, can someone give me a recipe to make hard-2-buff ink?

Originally posted by destroya+Sep 7 2005, 10:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (destroya - Sep 7 2005, 10:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CACashRefund@Sep 7 2005, 12:54 PM

You can make etch but you need to have knowledge of chemistry.

i thought that went without saying.

[/b]

Unforunately some people arent that bright and believe they can make it using household chemicals.

Etch isn't complicated at all, it's one chemical....one super gnarly, don't-fuck-with-it-under-any-circumstances chemical...

I'll tell you how to make ink...READ THE FUCKING THREAD.

Then, if you have questions, ask. But, you can't be lazy in here, around me anyway, and expect to get anywhere. I will give you a hard time, but only to get you motivated and prove me wrong. Be careful about what you mix, too.

Originally posted by asitseems@Sep 9 2005, 10:15 PM

is it possible to take the ink out of my printer and use it and will it be easy to buff?

the ink in your computer will fade in like a week. like the flyers that you see on walls that are the color of the paper with nothing written on them after a week. and if you want, get one of the refill kits for your printer and use the syringe to get it out.

for you idots never ever try to put silver paint/ink in a marker you had etch in or vice versa................very very bad.....its makes a cloud of smoke you shouldnt inhale so, dont mix it,.............. so dont do it........like funmaster flash says in 'white lines'

Alrighty I recently found aluninum powders for gold leafing. One of them is one of those that changes colors from different angles. I plan on buying it for making a drippy mop. I was wondering what ratio and what ink would you mix it with?

put a good amount enought that youll notice the shines. Just put in little by little, until you can see an even coverage of the sparkel when you look at it.

i ve been doing some tags with glue on trains, the glue attracts a lot of black dust, so when the glue hardens its pretty dark and really really difficult to remove, has anyone tried glue with pigments?

depends on the glue.

I havent used to stuff myself, didnt occur to me until you brought i up. Bu i suppose some glues might "stain" or they would be stuck on a surface so long that by the time they clean the glue out the tag would be cleaner than th esurrounding area.

It would have to be some kind of dye. Maybe clothes?

on the train it gets dirty by itselfe and the stuff they use to buff graffiti isnot made for glue, the stuff gets so hard they have to chizzle it off :D

i dont think it will work with dye because the glue is pretty thick and wont mix with ink/dye, it will just float on it.

ah, i am not familiar with that stuff, i will rack some and see if that works, thanks, it maybe works with gv also but my target is dark blue/purple, they keep buffing my silver marker tags, i want something longer lasting, i m also looking for some stuff that will remove the colour from coloured plastic so my tags will be white after the chemical did its work

id think that superglue would be decent for bombing the side of a t or maybe even a bus so that it would collect mad dirt and be dark. pretty decent idea. think ima look a little further into this... ill hit yous up with anything good. peace

So I got some griffin scuff cover and made a mop if i add the aluminum dust will it weather ok? I mean after it rains will it still sparkle? Also will all the dust go with the drips or will most remain where it was applied? Also im pretty dissapointed with the opacity. did I get the right kind of griffin (scuff cover)?